(Closed) Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@Leprechaun: These are the shoes I am wearing, though they will be in ivory and 3 inch heels and I THINK I might add some blue flowers to them:

Post # 33
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@LoriKay628: Oo, very nice. I like how the pleating sort of matches the top of the dress! 

Post # 34
223 posts
Helper bee

@Leprechaun: Yes! I thought that too when I saw them. Funny story: My Dad bought my shoes. My bridal salon was having a Black Friday sale, but I was out of the state at the time…. so my Dad was awesome and went and bought shoes for me. He totally surprised me and I had no idea what the even looked like 🙂

Post # 35
223 posts
Helper bee

@Leprechaun: After looking at the picture of you in your dress, I have to ask: Did you change the length of the train? Mine seems much longer than what is shown in your picture. Actually, you can see it in the picture I posted above.

Post # 36
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t do high heels so these are the shoes I will be wearing with my champaign/ivory 1955 gown!  EEEEEPPPP!  So excited!!!!

Post # 37
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@LoriKay628: In those pictures, I’m standing on a pedestal in their alterations room, so the train is hanging off the edge, which I think makes it look shorter than it really is.  I’m also pretty short, and had the custom measurements done for the hollow-to-hem, so that might have resulted in a shorter train, since all of the rest of the measurements are smaller. 

Post # 38
12 posts
Newbee

I cannot wait to put this beautiful dress on my skin!!! It’s been 7 months since I’ve seen it! I need advice on the hairstyle. I am getting married on the beach so would hair down look good with the dress? What are you all doing?

Post # 39
35 posts
Newbee

I too am wearing this dress.. I cannot wait till it comes in so I can try it on again, in my actual size.. Does anyone know what kind of jewlery they are wearing? I have no idea….

Post # 42
35 posts
Newbee

These are the shoes I am wearing with my Casablanca 1955 dress.. Smile

Post # 43
12 posts
Newbee

I finally got my dress! I bought it in ivory/ivory. I chose to go with 4″ wedges on the beach to save $ on hemming! 🙂

The 2nd picture shows where I pressed the neckline to look more like the sweetheart I’m getting altered.

Post # 44
35 posts
Newbee

I love it.. I can’t wait until mine comes in!!!  You look great!!  Wink

Post # 45
12 posts
Newbee

Oh, and the french bussle looks AMAZING on this dress – i recommend it over the american bussle! 🙂 and THANK YOU!

Post # 46
35 posts
Newbee

Do you have any pictures of the french bussle?

The topic ‘Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors