(Closed) Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I tried on this dress a while back.  It’s gorgeous.  Only thing I didn’t care for too much was that it made my boobs like even tinier.

Post # 48
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t, but as soon as I get it done, I will post them. the american is buttoned on the outside of the dress v the french is tucked underneath and shows more of the dress instead of seeing where its attached to the back of the dress.

Post # 49
35 posts
Newbee

Yeah, when I tried it on for the first time the lady that was helping me showed me the different ways to bussle it, but It would be nice to actually see it done.. Thank you!

Post # 50
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Does anyone have any veil pictures with this dress? I had bought a chapel length veil, but when I tried it on with the dress it just doesn’t quite look right.  I don’t think I want to go longer, because my favorite part of the dress is the way the lace on the train looks. I would love to see some shorter veils with this dress to get an idea if that is what I want, before I spend more money.

My chapel length ivory veil:

I apologize for the cruddy pictures…I don’t have anyone around to take them, and the self-timer just couldn’t get a picture of the full length (hence, the closet picture)

Post # 51
104 posts
Blushing bee

I have no idea what length my veil is, but it is shorter than yours.  The photo is of my actual dress which is obviously in need of some major alterations – so don’t mind the large orange clip in the back!  But the side view of the veil will give you an idea of the length of the veil.  Good luck!

Post # 52
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I have a Casablanca 1955 Ivory/Champagne dress for sale. I wore it for my wedding July 2010. It is in perfect condition and I am selling it for $475.00 which is over 60% off of what I paid for it. Email [email protected] for pictures or questions!

Post # 53
3 posts
Wannabee

Hello,

I recently ordered this dress in Ivory/Ivory.  I am kind of worried that the ivory will have too much of a yellowish tent, as I did not see it in the store.  I always wanted to wear white, but this dress just seemed like it would look much softer and better in ivory.  I have seen many pictures of it in Ivory, but am still worried that in person it does not look as white as it does in the pictures.  Could someone that has the dress tell me if this dress still looks white, or if it looks like a yellowish, darker ivory because I am considering changing to white. 

Post # 54
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hello All,

Any chance anyone has ordered this gown with a sweetheart neckline rather than the scoop? I’d really love to see photos, I’m strongly considering ordering that way, but I’m afraid to do it without seeing it.

Post # 56
35 posts
Newbee

Doesn’t it already come with a sweetheart neckline?

Post # 57
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@The Future Mrs. Johnson: I definitely think there is a sweetheart shape to it, but I know people have custom ordered it to have a more defined sweetheart.  I think how obvious the sweetheart shape is also depends on how it fits you…on me, it definitely looks sweetheartish, but I think on someone with a larger chest it might appear more straight across.

Post # 58
35 posts
Newbee

Yeah thats what I was thinking, because it definitely looks like a sweetheart neckline on me, and I am definitely not working with much in that area… lol

Post # 59
3 posts
Wannabee

Still not sure about the color: Here is a pic of the dress in all white.

Post # 60
35 posts
Newbee

Yay bees.. My dress will be in next week and my first fitting is next Friday!!! I will post pictures.  My Casablanca 1955 is Ivory/Ivory… I can’t wait to see what it looks like in my actual size

Post # 61
35 posts
Newbee

The dress fitting went great besides alterations costing an arm and a leg.  I am getting the dress fitted to look more like a mermaid style and making the neckline more sweetheart style with boob cups sewn in.

How is everyone getting there dresses bussled?

The topic ‘Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors