(Closed) anyone wearing Casablanca 1977…

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@missbangbang:

I bought this dress but it won’t be in until January so I don’t have any photos in it yet. I can let you know that it looks a lot better on then it does in the photos online.  Good luck!

Post # 5
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I must say that from what I’ve seen all Casablanca gowns are BEAUTIFUL!!!  I love how romantic all of them seem to be!

Post # 7
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

True, it’s a very different very stylish ummm style 🙂

Were you able to take pics while trying on dresses?

Post # 9
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi! I’m going to be wearing Casablanca 1977 for my wedding. Everyon is right. The dress looks a ton better in person. I’m adding a sash to mine. In this picture it’s a cranberry color, but mine will be gray to match our color scheme of gray and yellow!

[attachment=1372227,174142]

Post # 10
241 posts
Helper bee

So, the bees that were waiting for their dress to come in, is it in yet? I would love to see your pictures 🙂

Post # 11
8 posts
Newbee

Mine just came in…

What are you all doing with your hair??

[attachment=1700751,210487]

Post # 12
241 posts
Helper bee

@tavk1121: it looks GREAT on you! For my hair I’m hoping to so something like this:

I’m going to have a flower on the side opposite of the strap. I’ll be wearing the flower for the reception but a veil for the ceremony. What type of veil are you going to be wearing? I’m having such a hard time deciding!

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

Thanks!  I love your hair choice.  I was thinking the same type of style myself.  I’m having a hard time with a veil too.  I’m thinking of just having a nice clip in my hair or a flower and skipping on the veil.  Either that or a birdcage style.  I like this one….I think it picks up on the details on the strap.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Russian-Tulle-Blusher-with-Crystals-V10B06_Accessories-Veils-Blushers

Post # 14
241 posts
Helper bee

@tavk1121: I’m considering a bird cage as well. I think something short goes with the dress. If it’s too long it misses the details at the strap and also the details at the button. I’m also considering wearing a sash with some beading in gray/silver fabric. I’m stuck between two so far. What do you think between these two sashes?

Alfred Angelo sash (will be in a dark gray):

Etsy sash (will be in a silver gray):

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee

I agree…the longer veils didn’t look right with the dress.  The second sash is so pretty!  It looks great on that dress, which is similar to the top half of ours.  I like the first one too but the second is more “bride”.

Post # 16
241 posts
Helper bee

@tavk1121: I’m kind of leaning more towards that one too! It’s a little pricey… $150, but SO worth it I think. I’m thinking the first one is a little too bland and not pretty enough.

The topic ‘anyone wearing Casablanca 1977…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors