(Closed) Anyone with a budget of $1000 and under for their wedding dress?

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1289 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

My budget was $500 (my mom paid at that was her cap). Ended up paying $349 for my dress, and another $270 for alterations so come just a little over budget. It’s David’s, so the options at a lower price range are pretty plentiful. I love the Swiss dots and the criss cross bodice. Never felt as beautiful as I did that day, and probably never will again… Sigh… 

Post # 4
1264 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

My dress isn’t under $1,000, but I’ve seen many dresses that are. When I got my dress, I didn’t realize there were so many options available outside of a traditional bridal dress shop.

For a super budget friendly option, you can purchase a white bridesmaid dress (check out Nordstrom). There are some really beautiful ones that I probably would have chosen as my wedding dress had I known. Another option is to have a custom made dress from China, but I think that might require a lot of back and forth since you will be very hands on in choosing various details for your dress. You can also look at some prom dresses. 

And of course the price will vary depending on how fancy you want your dress to be.

BHLDN carries various designers (at various price points)

Love Marley by Watters – $970

Jenny Yoo Annabelle – $260. You can pair this with a topper and/or a belt. The topper will probablly cost more than the dress to be honest.

Tadashi Shoji Seraphina gown – $600

Watters Lucinda dress – $400

Watters Lucca Maxi – $480

Asos website – 20% off sale going on right now

Chi Chi London Lace Dress Bardot Neckline – $129

Post # 5
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Hanover Grande Ballroom

Mine was from David’s Brida as well! It came to a little over 900 with tax! I looked around at all the expensive boutiques, my budget was around 2000, but I fell in love with this one.. And the price!

Post # 6
4238 posts
Honey bee

Looks at bridesmaids’ dresses that come in white, ivory, etc. I got one and once I was wearing a crinoline and veil, there was no telling. In fact, some of the people that I did tell didn’t believe me that it was a bridesmaid’s gown.

Just my $0.02.

eta: it was ~$120 USD for the dress, I spend a bit more for the crinoline and veil, so all told about ~$300.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  NFLwidow.
Post # 7
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

My dress is sitting at the alterations place but it’s this dress and I got it on preownedweddingdresses.com for $100.  Alterations are costing me $230 so make sure if you do buy used that it’s as close to your measurements as possible.  My budget was $500.

Post # 8
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

YalieR:  BHLDN has many dresses for under 1K- be sure to look at their reception and bridesmaid dresses for great bridal options, too!

Post # 9
6107 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

YalieR:  I’d also look at Mori Lee dresses. They have very affordable designs.

Post # 10
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception / Courtyard Marriott Legacy Ballroom

I was looking to spend under $1000 – including alterations – on my wedding dress. I ended up buying a dress from David’s Bridal that was around $650 + $345 in alterations – it was a size too big and way to short. Here’s a picture of my dress (using the added bustle) from our wedding day:

Maher_439-crop

I also had to buy the top and petticoat, which added around $200 to the total, but it was worth it.

Post # 12
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

I got my dress at a sample sale for 90% off. It was in great shape and for $110 I couldn’t complain. So by the time I add the veil, beaded belt and a few alterations, it will be $1000 done. I highly recommend buying from sales if you can if you have a limited budget. image2

Post # 13
1553 posts
Bumble bee

My dress was a discontinued Mori Lee that I bought off the rack at a small bridal shop near my home. It was $800. Another $100 for alterations.

Post # 14
1025 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I did! $899 and included a $250 veil.

Post # 15
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Southern Plantation House

I did! I went to a boutique in ATL where the owner designed all of the dresses in the store and sold them all for under $1000. I love that I found the dress of my dreams and didn’t have to compromise on my budget!

IMG_7744

IMG_7743

IMG_9566_1

The topic ‘Anyone with a budget of $1000 and under for their wedding dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors