Post # 1
So I got married on 6th NOvember 2011 and now the wedding hype is all settling down i am reflecting on things a little bit too much lol The week before the wedding i was totally overwelmed and was of the mind set that there wasn’t much more i could do now its all in motion and theres not enough time to order much else. Don’t get me wrong it was the best day of my life – marrying my soul mate and spending such a great day with him and my family and friends, but what is driving me insane is the fact i hated my cake and didn’t get a propoer shot of the tables and centrepieces that i’d put so much time and effort into.
My cake the florist added way to many flowers and the cake stand i wanted to use was apparently to small and my last minute effort at a new one fell way short of my expectations.
I know these are little things i just wish i could go back and change them as they are so obvious but i missed them 🙁 Just wondering if anyone has the same sort of thing they would like to vent ?
Post # 3
Looking back at it, I was pretty bummed out about how our cake looked. It was large…and…well, it tasted good (I think! I got one bite!). It just wasn’t what I had imagined. I am also a little bummed that my photographer didn’t get more pictures of me with my mom. That would have really been special to me. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a chance to meet the photographer until the day of the wedding (we flew in from out-of-state), so we didn’t get to go over what kind of shots were “must haves.” Other than that (and how I second guess the fact that I wore gloves), I think everything went pretty well!! If that is the worst that I have to complain about, I’d say I got off pretty lucky. 😉
Post # 4
oh and i forgot to put my garter on 🙁
Post # 5
Only a few very small (and insignificant) things:
1) I barely ate or drank. I think it was the combo of the heavy dress, adrenaline, and nerves. Our food was amazing and we had a really nice open bar. Thankfully our caterer is my DH’s godmother, so we got all the leftovers and I ate them the next night.
2) Our DJ played the wrong last dance. I had wanted him to play My Way by Frank Sinatra because it reminded me of my grandparents who I was really close to and lost in 2007 and 2010. Instead he played the joint mother/son and father/daughter dance Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong again. It was probably for the best because if he *had* played My Way I probably would have cried the whole way through.
Other than that… ZERO regrets.
Post # 6
I wouldn’t say I’m disappointed with anything, because overall I really felt that the day was amazing and everything went better than I’d imagined. There were a few little snags, like they were playing accidentally classical music for the first half of our Wedding Party entrance (they had planned dancing in to “I Gotta Feeling”) and during our horah, they accidentally cut it a little short before lifting our parents in the chairs…the band ended up stopping their next song midway to resume the horah so we could finish.
Like @KatNYC2011, I kept hearing how amazing the food was and I hardly got to eat any. I was running around all evening and wasn’t very hungry. I also didn’t really have a chance to enjoy the open bar.
These are all pretty minor things, though…they aren’t still bothering me, and I don’t have regrets. There’s nothing I could do to change anything anyway, so I didn’t really dwell on these little details.
Post # 7
There wasn’t much i was disappointed with but i really wish i would have taken more time on the guy’s tuxes. While my husband was still as handsome as ever the tuxes just fit the guys poorly but i guess thats to be expected from rented tuxes that are not tailored to your body. If i could go back in time i would have researched more and gone with another company rather than the chain i used… There is another store out there that i wish we would have checked out but at the time i had no idea they rented tuxes! shoot.
Post # 8
I have a couple things that still bother me 3 months later.
1. Pictures. I wish my photog could have gotten more pictures of my DIY/details stuff. Which is partially my fault, there just wasn’t enough time to get all the shots we wanted before the sun went down. Darling Husband didn’t want a first look. I loved my photog though, so the photos I did get..I love!
2. My DH’s attitude that day. I hate to say it, but this bothers me the most. He was really nervous to be in front of all those people all day, and he kind of took it out on me. He rushed through pictures (bitching the entire time), and bitched through our first dance because he thought we looked stupid just swaying around. And maybe we did. But that’s a moment I’ll never get back, and it was ruined. I wish he could have sucked it up, for me at least. I worked really hard planning our wedding.
3. The music during our ceremony. It wasn’t really loud enough. But that’s not a big deal.
Post # 9
I had some MAJOR disappointments leading up to the wedding day so even though things did go wrong at our wedding, I can still say that all in all it was amazing.
One big thing that really disappointed me(and frankly still is even 4 months out) is the photographer. My husband wanted to splurge and get a “PROFESSIONAL” photographer and he even made all of the arrangements himself. She was TERRIBLE and barely got any nice shots and totally missed out on so many detail pictures and pics of significant people etc. We still don’t have our wedding album and she has been soooo unprofessional and frustrating with her lies and terrible pictures. She took a million pics of the best man and his wife and tons of the little flower girl and ring bearer. So many pics of me were with weird expressions on my face-unknowing of the photo being taken and way too many of my back or butt. Not enough of just the bride and groom either.
Oh and one more thing that just killed me was when our DJ announced us into our reception….something we had scripted and timed to be said at JUST the right place in the Alicia Keys song that we danced in to make our grand entrance… and we were ready and excited…. and wouldn’t you know, he calls me by the WRONG name!!! OMG….I was soooo disappointed when that happened.
Post # 10
Overall, I had a wonderful day and the guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to, but a few thing disappointed me.
1. The catering was the biggest issue. When we went for our tasting everything was sooo beautifully arranged and delicious. However, on the day of nothing was labeled properly so people didn’t know how to serve things together. Also, there were a few items that weren’t prepared on time and there were none to be found for most of the night. I was so disappointed by that because we spent half of our budget on what was supposed to be “amazing” food.
2. The servers were supposed to cut all the cake and then serve it. We had two flavors that we wanted guests to be able to choose from: wedding white with chocolate bavarian creme filling and then cherry almond amaretto. Instead, they just served all of one and then the other so a ton of guests didn’t eat any and they didn’t even ask Darling Husband and I what kind we would like. Luckily I got an uneaten piece from my friends!
3. The DJ was creepy. He kept making inappropriate comments about the women at the wedding and then when a guest accidently invited him to the afterparty, he actually showed up WITH HIS SON.
4. The photographers let me down, even though we got a few great shots. We originally were going to have two that work together all the time, but one was called out of town last minute on business so they had a photographer friend fill in. She wasn’t nearly as great and didn’t seem prepared at all. They also missed a ton of the details and didn’t take many fun wedding party pictures or any in the beautiful scenery.
Anyway! It was a great day and in the end those things are the important things, but it would have been nice to get what we paid for!
Post # 11
this makes me nervous because we also splurged on a female professional photog in the Merrimack Valley area… would you mind PMing me with her name?
Sorry that the pictures were a letdown!
Post # 12
Yes, there are definitely things that weren’t perfect.
For example…my wedding processional song was NOT what it was supposed to be. Oops! (little miscommunication with the organist. I thought I had told him a change in plans, but he says I never did. oh well, I guess we’ll never know…)
Honestly, my biggest regret is that I let that particular thing bother me for the rest of the ceremony! It was weird how I just couldn’t get past it! But… regardless… I am now happily married, to the most wonderful man ever! 😀
Post # 13
I am bummed that my photographer just left and didnt get our exit, the bouquet toss or the garter toss. I am also upset that on her website the pictures look so neat and creative but mine look plain nothing neat about it. no cool lighting or different angle. they are just blah. she didnt get any of me and my maids (like one with one) and i didnt get a lot of me and mom or dad or family picture. it is a mess. it kills me but hopefully our wedding video looks good.
Post # 14
Also, my photo booth was a hit but we were suppose to get every picture that people took on a flash drive…well the flash drive wasnt plug in right and we didnt get any pictures. only the one guest left. to top it off she only refunded us 100. i know its something but those are pictures i will never get to see. grrr