(Closed) Apostille Seal…say what?!

posted 10 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I would call the resort that you are getting married in and ask them and I would also call your town hall and try to get some info from them. My friend was married in Mexico but, when they got home realized it wasn’t honored here in the states so she had a Pastor just sign the papers. They were disappointed but, all in all they are lawfully married. Good luck!

Post # 4
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Maybe try the Secratary of State. I was also born in S Korea, dad was US military so I do have a birthcertificate and a document of birth abroad. Last time I was home in WA state my mom wanted to see if we could get our birth certificates coppied and recorded down town at the local city hall with local records. We went to the helth district and they told us they don’t keep records for citizens not born in that state. But, she did tell us that if anything happened to my birthcertificate, or if I wanted to get a certified copy I’d have to contact the head of state because I was born abroad. There is a website: http://travel.state.gov/law/info/overseas/overseas_703.html I couldn’t tell you exactly where to go from there but I hope it helps some. Good luck.

Post # 6
1 posts

Do you normally need translation on the birth certificate apostille?

Post # 7
3 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013



My friend had to get it done. I think you would only have to if you marry overseas.

The topic ‘Apostille Seal…say what?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors