210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Hello! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey there! How did y’all decide on this date? Does it have any significance? People keep asking me this, and for us there is no significance.. just a random date ๐Ÿ™‚ We originally wanted March, but our Catholic Church doesn’t allow weddings during lent (which I’d never heard of).. so 4/13/13 it is!

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies during one of the most exciting times of our lives!

Post # 6
210 posts
Helper bee

I’m doing student teaching right now and will graduate in May (hopefully with a teaching job), so I looked up the 2012/13 school calendars of the two counties I’m most likely to be teaching in next year.  We didn’t want to have the wedding in the summer because Texas is hot, dry, and ugly, and we didn’t want to ask people to travel even more during their Christmas/winter breaks.  That left spring break, and luckily, both of the school districts have it scheduled for the same week!  April 13th is the Saturday before school resumes, so I’ll have the week before the wedding free to take care of last-minute stuff.

Post # 7
196 posts
Blushing bee

The date has no current significane for my fiance and I, but I wanted the date to be far from both of our birthdays so that ruled out summer, fall, and winter (due to Christmas).

We will also be having a Catholic wedding mass and our priest was very glad to hear the date we had chose becuase it was after Easter was all over. We did this because I read that often if you get married during Easter or Lent the readings must be the ones set for that day on the religious calendar. The last thing we wanted was solemn readings at our beautiful celebration.

Post # 8
668 posts
Busy bee

Hi! I’m 99.99% sure this will be our date too! It will be the 3 year anniversary of our first date which makes it super special. Plus we get to keep the same anniversary forever! Just started dress shopping, but I like that there is no rush.

Hooray for April 13th!

Post # 9
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@kaliella:  Hey, I picked this month because of the weather too!!! I wanted April because it is nice weather around this time. Other months just seem too hot or too cold. The 13th wasnt our original date. We originally wanted the 6th but it got booked before we were able to book it so the only other date we had available was the 13th! We are getting married in Mesquite, TX.

Post # 10
196 posts
Blushing bee

Has anyone else realized that our 5 year anniversary will be on Friday the 13th?

And if so does this worry your at all?

Post # 11
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@katebell17:  No this will not worry me because we will not be going out on a Fri. Fiance works thru the week and we also have 3 children thru the week. So we will not be able to celebrate our anniversaries till the weekend. We did that with our “hook-up” date which is Jan 18th. Also my daughter was born on the 13th. I dont consider her “unlucky.” Superstitions are overrated. I open the umbrella in the house all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

This is my “fall back” wedding date. My original was 12-12-12 but due to the huge inconvenience of the holiday, that it’s on a Wednesday, the cost of travel (85% of my guests are out of state) their jobs, and other problems, I had to sacrifice the date in order for people to attend!

April 13, 2013 (13 as my lucky number) will be a whole lot better ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
57 posts
Worker bee

I originally picked April 6th but that weekend is Final Four weekend. My Dad’s girlfriend was planning on bringing in large TVs to our wedding reception so people could watch the basketball… so April 13th it is!

Post # 14
247 posts
Helper bee

hello date twins!

we wanted a date close to our anniversary date oct-nov. but the saturdays available were already anniversary dates or birthdays of our immediate family. so that was a no go.  I wanted a date in the fall, he wanted summer. we looked at the 2013 calendar, we tried to pick a date that would be easy to remember. when we reviewed our budget, we realised that prices were cheaper in april.  we liked the way 4.13.13 sounded. and that was that.

Post # 15
315 posts
Helper bee

Our date too! We chose the 13th because the 6th (first choice) was on easter. Oops! Forogt about that. The weekend after the 13th – 21st ish is my dads birthday.

We’ve chosen to laugh in the face of superstition! 13 April 2013. lol

The topic ‘April 13, 2013….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors