(Closed) April 16, 2011 Wedding Weather

posted 7 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

dont worry about it yet!! its waaaaaaaay too early to tell…im april 16th too. the forecast has already changed three times in the last two days so just wait until about 3 days before…you may be freaking out for nothing!

Post # 5
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I have been looking too and it has been stressing me out. Mine is for April 16 as well. One day it says Sunny the next rainy. I’m giving up on looking until Monday… then i’m sure if it says rain I will be freaking out. I hope we all have sunny days. ALTHOUGH I have heard if it rains the morning of your wedding day thats good luck. Wink

Post # 6
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@sassy4: that would be totally fine with me!! as long as it doesnt rain all day πŸ™‚ well except that my wedding will be outyside…ah!!! im still trying to stay calm and not freak out though!

Post # 7
31 posts
Newbee

I haven’t looked yet as dont want to get stressed but my fiance told me he looked the other day and it looked fine.. but to be honest the weather people have no idea this far out. Dont worry about it!! I went out and bought cute umbrellas for myself and my bridesmaids this week which puts me at ease that we can have some cute photos in case of rain… Just try and have contingency plans so you dont feel stressed.

Post # 8
31 posts
Newbee

Hey, of course after this post I couldnt help but look at the weather… 100% chance of rain now… at least 10mm….

So happy I got those cute umbrellas!! Smile

Post # 9
268 posts
Helper bee

Yeah I have being obsessing over the weather. It is supposed to be 73 with slight clouds and 10% chance of rain in Sonoma. The one thing I have going for me is in the last 3 years it hasn’t rained in Sonoma. I am a freak!

Post # 10
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m really paranoid about it too! My wedding is Sept 10th, and I’m just so afraid that it’s going to rain because the ceremony location’s backup plan is to rent a tent, and we definitely can’t afford that last minute. A light rain would be ok, but if it storms or rains heavily, we might just see if we can have the wedding on the winery’s patio with close family, and have everyone else meet at the reception site (indoors, thank God)

Post # 12
167 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve been checking the forecast every day, ever since our date (the 15th) was on the ten day forecast. Those weathermen keep changing…one day they would predict thunderstorms, the next day sun, the next day thunderstorms…

I think I may not look at it anymore until the day before my wedding. We can’t control the weather, so what’s the point in stressing? I’m having an outdoor ceremony as well, and if it’s sunny that’ll be wonderful, but if it’s raining we’ll just have umbrellas and the pictures will turn out really unique and fun.

Win, win situation. : )

Post # 13
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I just posted about this. I am worried about melting in a 95 degree mirage of wedding gown and pro makeup…..ugh.

Post # 14
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

In June….sorry to threadjack April ladies!!!! I guess I really am worrying in advance. 

Apparently though, rain is lucky on your wedding day πŸ™‚

Post # 16
48 posts
Newbee

I am kind of worried about it too! Outdoor ceremony and outdoor reception. But the forecast looks perfect as of right now! And we have a tent, just in case!

It will be so great ladies. Rain or shine, at the end of the day, you will be married! And everyone will still have a great time!

The topic ‘April 16, 2011 Wedding Weather’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors