(Closed) April 2011 brides…. where are you and what have you done so far?

posted 8 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@shyne2060: I’m also an April 2011 bride and I have about everything you said booked except my hair and make up…. I left my dress at the salon bc I didn’t want to be tempted to try it on and get it dirty or have my fiance see me in it!!!

A friend of mine recently was in a day time wedding and she had an amazing time! Everyone still enjoyed themselves, danced and there’s more time for an after party at a nearby home, bar or hotel!

The colors I chose were Creamsicly Orange (Made it up!), Gray and White! How about you??

Post # 4
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@shyne2060: I think that you have done the major stuff already! The only thing I can think of is that if you are sending Save the Dates you may want to start gathering addresses/guest list to get that out soon…also do you have an officiant yet? You might want to get that done ASAP also.

Right now I just picked my invitations and am waiting on the proof. I am also having my Maid/Matron of Honor try on a whole bunch of bridesmaid dresses so that we can pick one.

When my dress gets here I am also leaving it at the boutique that I got the dress at.

My colors are Brown and Blue mostly…with touches of pale yellow and white 🙂

Post # 5
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

@shyne2060:  Sounds like you’re off to a great start, nailing down many of the big important items!

I don’t know about the store that you purchased your dress out, but I had to pick my dress up in a certain amount of time.  They said that they didn’t have the storage space to hold onto everyone’s dress (It would have been sitting there for over 10 months).  Mine is hanging up in my parent’s house to reduce my urge to try it on (since it’s a nice little drive away).

Next on my list is to order Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses for my girls and then start on my DIY invites.  My colors are blue and green 🙂

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

@shyne2060: April bride myself, sounds like you have a lot done!  I got engaged mid July and for my ultra tiny wedding, have the ceremony location and reception location booked. We’re in Alexandria, VA so we’re having it all in Old Town to save on costs and keep it super personal to us, tho all of our guests are coming from out of town so just finished sending out the save the dates.

Bought my dress about a month ago and have it in storage right now, so I suppose I’m going to have to remember to get it cleaned and steamed before the big day, although I have a feeling I’m totally going to forget to do that!

Next up for me is to meet with the potential officiant next week and I’m currently consulting with my Bridesmaid or Best Man about her dress.  Trying to get the invites out by december at the earliest. Very small wedding, only 30 guests with a morning ceremony and brunch reception.  Still have no idea about photography, hair and makeup!

My colors are red and black and I’m having sort of a steampunk theme. 

Post # 7
35 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies,

We’re getting married April 16, 2011 as well.  Just started planning like 2 weeks ago, WAY behind on everything … a little freaking out … had a little breakdown a few nights ago … but overall I think we’re doing a okay.  It’s going to be a pretty traditional christian ceremony.

So far, we’ve booked (contracts will be signed by the end of this week) the hotel reception venue, the church for ceremony (we are member, so that’s pretty much given), we will have our pastor officiating the wedding (yay!), and photographer and THAT’S pretty much it!!! I know I am super behind.  I still have no clue what my save-the-date cards will look like … so lots of work need to be done especially since I’m DIY-ing our stationeries …

My color is red/pink/silver-ish – with some cherry blossom theme going on as well :)!

Post # 8
35 posts
Newbee

@evaporated: that’s awesome that we sort of live in the same area – we’re having our wedding in Gaithersburg, MD.  My wedding color is red too!!! Since we’re sorta in the same area – do you have makeup artist for your wedding? I’m so lost trying to find one with good service and affordable price …

Post # 9
35 posts
Newbee

@shyne2060: We are also doing early afternoon/lunch reception as well.  There is no minimum on Saturday afternoon and that is a lot of saving for us since we have about 70 people in our list.  I think it’ll be OK, I don’t know myself … but my ceremony will be early in the morning 10AM-ish, cocktail hour at 11 – and then reception starts at noon (lunch time) and should end around 4pm.  It saves us a TON of money and we’re also doing 3 hr open bar, instead of 4 hr open bar. I think it’ll be OK!

Post # 10
365 posts
Helper bee

8 Months to the day for me!!! Our colors are dark olive and dark purple (We wanted a fall wedding can’t you tell LOL). The Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are fern and the guys tuxes are chocolate with fern vest and tie.

-Booked ceremony and reception venue

-Booked Photography

-Booked DJ

-Booked Photo booth

-Booked rehearsal dinner

-Booked the officiant

-Booked hair (me and the girls)

-Half way done with table numbers

– Almost done with our programs. Printed, cut and embossed the covers and just need to print the insides right before the wedding.

-Finshed card box

-Ordered my dress YAY!!! And received it.

-Started getting BM’s gifts

-Bought invitations and started printing them.

-Ordered wedding announcements (for those who aren’t invited)

– Ordered Rehearsal Dinner invites

– Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses picked out and will be ordered sometime in Sept.

-Started buyg Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts

-Picked out tux with Fiance (super excited to see him in it)

-Started our day of schedule (just a basic outline, will be modified several times before the wedding)

-Started a playlist for our DJ

-FINALLY found our song!! It is so perfect for us. It’s a little older but I haven’t heard it in a while and we both got all teary eyed when we listened to it. It’s the one!!

Over the next few months we will:

Finish table numbers

Choose a baker

Register

Finish buying stuff for the rest of our DIY projects and knock them out during the holidays.

Hopefully find a place for dance lessons (that’s not too expensive)

decide if I am going to DIY my make up or hire someone.

Post # 11
504 posts
Busy bee

@Engaged_With_Love: Wow. I feel soooo behind after reading your list! lol  I thought I was on top of things but it seems like I need to print your list out and get busy! I’m April 8, 2011 btw.

Post # 12
852 posts
Busy bee

@Engaged_With_Love- isn’t the wedding seven months away?

Post # 13
852 posts
Busy bee

I feel like I have most of the things done that I need to- big things that is.

We still need to look at tuxes, order invites (when am I supposed to do that), have my dress altered (closer to the wedding), write the actual ceremony, order programs.

Post # 14
648 posts
Busy bee

Let’s see: I got my contract for the reception site and DJ in the mail today. I had my first meeting with a florist and I’m trying to schedule a meeting for the photographer I want. I have colors and my dress has been ordered; it should be here at the end of Oct. We aren’t having a bridal party, but we are having a flowergirl and I’m looking at dresses for her. I need to call the cake baker and set up an appt. I’m trying to decide if we should get married at the reception site or somewhere else.

We’ve had to change our plans a lot so I don’t think that’s too bad for picking the date two weeks ago.

Post # 15
365 posts
Helper bee

Helstrong hehe yeah, I don’t know why I wrote 8. Opps LOL.

Post # 16
365 posts
Helper bee

Cheeks11 I have been following the check list on theknot.com and in our wedding planner. We have gotten a little ahead on somethings but I like everything to be planned and done a ridiculous amount of time before they need to. I give myself deadlines because the month of the wedding will already be crazy because it’s the month of the wedding. I just want to make that time enjoyable by getting as much done as possible. We also live 3 hours away from where we are having the wedding so I feel pressured sometimes to get things done.

I am really enjoying all this planning so I get carried away with things.

The topic ‘April 2011 brides…. where are you and what have you done so far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors