(Closed) April 2011 Brides, Where Are You???

posted 7 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Me!!

I’ve just about finished flowers and the cake topper, and Fiance and I decided to not do favours, which is going to save me so much time!!

Colours : Plum, light blue, silver, and kinda a rustic theme.  I have no dress pics ๐Ÿ™

I think I’m mostly just excited to get this all over with and stop planning wedding stuff!

Post # 4
868 posts
Busy bee

Im fixing to start working on our table runners…we are using burlap and im sewing lace on the edges. We will see how it turs out! I need to finish getting my Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts and get our parents something. 

Colors: Brown, Ivory, and a little gold

What about you, what do you have left?!

Ohh we have to get clothes for Honeymoon and rehearsal dinner!

Post # 5
963 posts
Busy bee

I need to do my hair piece and matching brooches for MOG and MOB.  Got my brooch bouquet done. Music list done and downloading has begun.  Lights are strung up, flowers ordered…most everything is done! Theme is casual elegance (lots of mason jars, pretty strung lights, spring colors, white, picnicky feel)

here is dress (I apologize for the lovely no makeup pic):

Post # 8
167 posts
Blushing bee

April brides, our wedding month is almost here!  YAY! : )

We’re getting married on a deck in the woods and having a picnic reception on a peninsula, this grassy spot surrounded by water. Picture picnic blankets on the ground, kites flying in the air, croquet, bocce ball, a barbecue lunch with a smorgasboard dessert table.

The colors/theme is simple woodsy elegance: we’re having white be the main color with bright yellow flowers, kraft paper and jute for paper things, decorating with cotton bolls and forsythia branches, candles in mason jars on beds of spanish moss.

I just have to get my dress altered, decide on my hair style, buy a bracelet, meet with the photographer, design and put the programs together, and then make my bouquet/do flower arrangements the day before the wedding. Oh! And make almond tarts for the favors. My grandma makes the BEST almond tarts and always gives them as gifts to everyone; since she isn’t able to make the wedding, we’re using these as favors to honor her!

…And I think that’s it. : )

Post # 10
963 posts
Busy bee

@Topolino: Thank you!  I do have pics.  It’s rudimentary since I still need to wrap the bottom.  Also ignore the left part of it…it looks like it needs to be filled in, but just didn’t picture well (cell phone). Oh, and ignore my mess! Do you have pics of yours?

Post # 12
963 posts
Busy bee

@Topolino: LOL I just found your post on your bouquet! We cross posted! I LOVE it!  It looks fabulous!

Post # 13
180 posts
Blushing bee

What an exciting time!  25 days to go for me! 

We are currently working on our ceremony order/readings/vows, music selection, selecting the rehearsal dinner spot, wrapping gifts, and I think that might be it.  Could be missing something though?!  ; )

Our colors are going to be gold, bright pink, and some green.  Here are some pics. 

(not our actual cake just the flowers I loved and will be using)

these are the bridesmaid dresses

Me at my first fitting ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
1766 posts
Buzzing bee

April 9 bride here!

I am getting super stressed out. There is still so much to do! And work is super stressful right now, too.

Our colors are red and ivory. I never had the teary eyed “this is the one” dress shopping experience, so I actually got two dresses. I will have my second fitting for my second dress on Friday, and the second fitting for my first dress on Sunday. Also, some little bird told me that Saturday might be my bachelorette party. This weekend will be crazy!

I am still waiting on RSVPs, our deadline is Saturday. We need to get cake samples from the bakery to choose the flavor, we need to pick up our wedding bands, I need to chase down my MIA make-up artist, because she was going to send me an invoice that I haven’t received yet. I need to send out thank you notes for my shower. On Wednesday, I am getting my first spray tan and hope I don’t turn orange. We need to meet with the venue and go through the details. I need to make the seating chart. The florist needs a final head count for the number of centerpieces… Well, I’m sure I’m forgetting something.

Post # 16
212 posts
Helper bee

@Topolino: I see you’re from Homosassa..I live in Inverness. ๐Ÿ™‚

@BackyardLoveBird: beautiful dress!

@soon2bhis: I agree! I’m ready for it to be done!

We’re having a purple/white wedding. Basically I just have to do the little detailed things. Unfortunately it seems whenver I complete a few, more get added on. lol.

• still need to do placecards/seating (waiting on RSVPs)
  • get our marriage certificate
  • ceremony programs
  • finish card box and flip flops basket
  • order flower petals for the aisle
  • signage
  • finish bridal party gifts
  • finish music selection for DJ
  • finish cocktail napkins (might just say forget it!)

I feel like there’s a lot more I’m forgetting!

The topic ‘April 2011 Brides, Where Are You???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors