Post # 1
I feel like I just posted the October to-do list but I love to see everyones progress!!! I am putting what I got done and what I need to get done this month!
I chose the bridesmaid dresses!!! We are putting in the order this saturday!! So excited but they take 4-5 months to come in so Im a little nervous we are cutting it close…
We also: Booked the rehearsal dinner (YAY!) and got our invitations in!! YAY! they look amazing 🙂
-Book wedding night accomodations
-Choose suits for groomsmen.
What have YOU gotten done in the last month and whats up next?
Post # 3
Book an officiant and a photographer…. Working feverishly on a Venue (yes, I still DONT have a venue…uugghh !!! )
That’s all I have gotten done, obviously still have a ton to do !!
EDIT: OMG, I am stil looking under my old April wedding date… hahaha We moved the wedding to June
Post # 4
@TheFutureMrsE: lol…thanks for posting anyways!!! Im glad you have 2 extra months to plan! 😉
Post # 5
I desperately need to get save-the-date cards done…I keep putting them off
We also need to find time to do our engagement photos–probably won’t be until January though.
And as soon as I find a job and we find out where we are moving to, we are going to book our honeymoon!
Post # 6
I know this is for April brides, but I am March 31, so I feel like I kinda qualify. Right now I am in panic mode. My November-to-do-list is as follows:
- Get first fitting this Saturday
- Talk to DJ about having a DJ or iPod for cocktail hour and reception this Saturday
- Get busy making pocket squares for the guys; cut out, but not sewn
- Get busy on making gowns for the girls; cut out, but not sewn
- Make a trip to the mall candy store to price candy for candy/dessert bar
Other possibilities for November-to-do-list:
- Meet with bar service to go over options/prices for bar
- Bake cookies; two kinds for candy/dessert bar
- Make menus; dependant on bar service
- Make signs/labels for candy/dessert bar
Post # 7
I also need to get on my std’s and were having our engagement pics taken next weekend.
Other things are find a florist and figure out the music situation.
Post # 8
Here is mine.
1. Start looking for invitations.
3. Finalize things with the florist.
4. Buy my shoes (doing that this weekend ).
5. As Catholics we need to do the pre-cana marriage preparation workshops 6 months before the wedding…I guess this is the month!
Post # 9
No I don’t have everything done but I’m on wedding burn out right now. Plus my Fiance is coming home from Iraq in a couple of weeks so I’m sure I’m not going to start back wedding planning until December some time. PLUS he just told me we might be moving 2.5 hrs away after the new year so I’m just trying not to think about anything but Christmas finished for the kids right now. I think if I sit down and truly think about everything I need to do I’ll cry for a week.
On a brighter note my wedding dress is being delivered tomorrow!! I’m so excited. I also signed up for Brides Across America and got selected! I have my appt next Thursday so I’ll hopefully be posting some dress pics soon!!!
Post # 10
@goldelox84: If you haven’t registered for your pre-cana yet, do it ASAP! The diocese where we are doing ours has a 3 month waiting list. (We are doing ours this month, so I guess that is another thing on my November to-do list!)
Post # 11
I’m with you, Noritake22, I know this is for April brides, but I am May 1, so pretty close.
November to-dos include:
- Meet with florist to see centerpiece sample, sign contract
- Book flight and second hotel for honeymoon
- Order invitations
- Start looking at tuxes for the men
- Ceremony music
- Start shopping for attendants gifts, parents gifts, card box, cake toppers, etc.
Post # 12
Here is mine the parts that are bolded I have already accomplished ahead of schedule.
- Send bridal hair/makeup styles for trial, bridesmaids hair/makeup for wedding day
- Complete Invitation suite – set to send in December
- Complete ceremony cover, work on menus, proof namecards,etc)
- Plan ceremony order and start designing ceremony program inserts
- Continue to proof ceremony programs
- Book hotel rooms for bridal party + planner
- Proof designs (125-150 namecards, 3.5” square menus, tablenames, ceremony inserts, bar menus “specialty drinks)
- 5Cent sale during this month for BevMo- purchase alcohol
- Call Alex’s catering to confirm bartending services
- Purchase wedding rings
- Purchase or rent toasting flutes, cake-cutting knife, purchase garter, guestbook/pen, etc
- Deadline for Bridesmaids to order dresses (end of Month)
- Groom & Groomsmen get fitted and order suits
- Continue to work on DIY projects
- Go over event “grocery list”
- Go over week of schedule
- Finalize furniture rentals based on event design
- Send pictures of milk jars to Nona
Post # 13
We are going to NJ for Thanksgiving so I am going to get these things done that weekend with my sister/MOH and mother:
Pick out Dress for Maid/Matron of Honor
Meet with florists and pick one
Order inivitation: I picked out a few and they sent me samples and I just want my mom and sister’s imput before I place the order
Meet with Deacon and plan ceremony
Fiance and my dad are going to look at tuxes
I sent the Mother of the Flowergirls pictures of the dress I picked out and the girls and her love it so she said she would take care of ordering them next week.
We had scheduled our e-pics a few weeks ago but a few days before Fiance got a stomach flu and was in no condition for them so we had to postpone w/ the photog, so I need to call her this week to reshedule. I hope we can now get them done before the end of the year.
Post # 14
Blah, I have so much to do!
I’ve got my shoes, my sister is doing my hair, I picked out what kind of makeup I want, we decided to do a backyard ceremony, picked out a flowergirl dress, have ideas on my DIY centerpieces, booked the dj, decided colors and feel. I think there’s more, but I’ve had some set backs.
Need: Officiant (I have a lady in mind just haven’t called her yet), to decide exactly what flowers besides white iris, photographer, started talking with a cake baker so I need to finalize, narrow down and pick invites, pick one out of my three dresses, oh and possible find a new reception site if I can’t reach the lady Monday (she sent me a contract that she hadn’t signed so I signed and sent it back with a check for the deposit and put a note in there asking for a copy she has signed; haven’t heard from her, the check hasn’t been cashed, and no copy of the contract signed by her!).
EDIT: I think we’ve decided on our first dance song too.
Post # 15
1. I have GOT to get my STD’s out.. they should be in my hands next week…
2. Bridesmaid dresses… only weekend my Maid/Matron of Honor can meet with me to help pick out is in 2 weeks.. so I might start going to stores ahead.. (kinda stressing on this one!)
3. Invitations: I have already picked the lady who is going to design them, spoke with her 2 months back, and she wanted me to contact her in November, so.. now’s the time…
4. HONEYMOONNNN. Fiance is in charge of this one.. Fiji/Australia/New Zealand.. he’s paying for it, he’s planning it 🙂 I’m super excited
5. meet with Florist again and do a Mock up of my centerpiece (this might be December)
6. possibly Find his ring (aka dragging him to the jeweler.. hehe)
7. see if my venue has their 2011 menus released yet
8. OH and CAKE tasting (yes I’m behind on this).. but I have a good source who was a patient of mine 🙂
AKA.. I have a LOT! I’ve been on cruise control the past two months after being in 5 weddings!
Post # 16
I think I have a lot done already. Things I still need to do and buy :
- diamond headpiece
- look at tuxes
- buy chinese boxes for candy bar