(Closed) April 2011 Brides…October to do list?

posted 8 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

This month my major priority is to find an officiant!

I already have a cake baker, DJ, photographer, Venue and all the good stuff. I do have my invatations picked out and bought but I’m waiting a little while before I print them up.

Oh, and I will be purchasing my dress this month! So excited :”]]

Post # 4
601 posts
Busy bee

We still don’t have an officiant, we have talked with a baker and florist but just need to put down deposits. All of my BM’s have their dresses but need jewelry and shoes. I don’t have shoes, jewelry, a hair stylist, a make-up artist, a bra, or a veil. I also need to find someone to do my alterations. We really need to get on the ball about ordering invitations too. Oh, and we’re still looking for that money tree. That’s on the top of my list! =)

Post # 6
301 posts
Helper bee

@Ms.Teddy: thats exciting about your first dress fitting! that should be so much fun! :”]] I don’t have anyone in mind for my officiant yet, just looking them up online and then I’ll need to schedule appointments to check them out. I am so excited that we only have 6 more months to go! I hope it goes by fast :”]]

@xshellx2003: That is another thing I have forgot about too! I need to start finding someone for my hair and make-up!

Post # 7
268 posts
Helper bee

Here is my list for the month. I have lots to do… I need to get moving.

• Continue DIY Stationary items (ceremony program cover, guest welcome box, Invitation sleeve, to go slider box, marmalade label, thank you cards)
  • Design ceremony cover, menus, proof namecards,etc
  • Plan ceremony order to start designing ceremony program inserts 
  • Decide Ceremony songs (groom and groomsmen entrance, bridesmaids entrance, Bridal Entrance, Recessional song)
  • Block hotel rooms for out-of-town guests, confirm bridal party rooms & planner room
  • Plan next day brunch, wine tours, week schedule, etc.
  • Continue looking at hair & makeup styles
  • Proof designs (125-150 namecards, 3.5” square menus, tablenames, ceremony inserts, bar menus “specialty drinks)
  • 5Cent sale during this month for BevMo- purchase alcohol
  • Call Alex’s catering to confirm bartending services
  • Look into group flights
  • Look into/book transportation
  • Purchase wedding rings
  • Purchase toasting flutes, cake-cutting knife, garter, guestbook/pen, etc.
  • Start deciding Groom/Groomsmen attire
  • Plan Honeymoon destination
  • Plan Engagement session with Punam, book appointment

Post # 10
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

The big items for this month are to order the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, pick out what the guys are wearing and do a hair trial (and hopefully book).

@xshellx2003: I could use that money tree too Wink

Post # 11
504 posts
Busy bee

I have yet to book an officiant. I found someone that I like and they’re calendar is pretty open so I think I have a little time just in case I change my mind and won’t lose a deposit. I ordered my dress this month so it should be in the beginning of next month. This month I also need to continue working on DIY invites, finalize order of ceremony for DIY programs,print out kids activity books and start putting their goodie boxes together, buy suits for my boys (3), buy rings for groom and I, pay depeosit for wedding cakes, decide on bridal party entrance songs (FI was taken off this taste due to his song suggestions), work on centerpieces some more, get material for aisle decorations (feather pomanders), buy jars for favors, search the ends of the earth for the silverware punch I like for the menus annd make a decision on my Maid/Matron of Honor dress. Wow did’t realize I had so much to do this month. I better hop to it! lol

Post # 12
2742 posts
Sugar bee

I haven’t even started looking at officiants. About how much do they run?

Post # 13
504 posts
Busy bee

@bRooklynRocks: In my area they’re running about $200 for a simple ceremony up to $400 for a more personlized ceremony. I’m really irritated by even having to hire a officiant because Fiance and are getting legally married next month and its just feels like a waste of money to spend that much for 20 mins worth of reading. I know the officiant can make or break the ceremony but I need something to be irritated about right now so officiants are it. Laughing

Post # 14
2742 posts
Sugar bee

@Cheeks11: Thanks. I will be doing my ceremony in Houston so I should budget about the same OR ask someone I know to do it for free. I don’t want to pay someone $200 to talk for 10mins. Sheesh, if I had that kind of job, think of the money I’d make!

Post # 15
504 posts
Busy bee

@bRooklynRocks: I know! You can can get officiant license for free online. That would be a sweet little gig on the weekends!

Post # 16
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

6 months from today for me… I think I might have finally found a dress… Still have wwwaaayyy to much to do… book air flights, hotel, chapel, order cake, order dress, etc…

and I too would like a money tree if anyone has an extra one…hahaha

The topic ‘April 2011 Brides…October to do list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors