(Closed) April 2011 Brides…whats on your August to-do list?

posted 8 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

For sure in August we want to: gather the rest of the addresses we don’t already know, make a final decision on invites / Save-The-Date Cards (we have found some things we like but haven’t bought any yet), set up a room block, work on our website (its going to be really simple, but I want the address on the STD), and figure out some decor things.

Specifically, I’m meeting with a florist who we will probably end up going with, want to learn more about lighting and if we should do it, find tablecloths, and most importantly, figure out something to make our wedding more personal [see below]?

We have already taken care of a ton of major things [church, ballroom which includes food/bar/cake, band, photographer, my dress, hair/makeup artist]. I’m not very creative and my overall goal for the month is to spend some time thinking about how I can inject a little more of US into everything, if that makes sense.

Post # 5
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We have really done nothing yet Surprised except book our venue, but there was never going to be anywhere else I would get married anyway – we are getting married and having our reception at the yacht club my grandparents and parents have been members of for decades, my parents reception was there also.

But this month we are going to try and accomplish some tasks.  

• Find a band or DJ – preferably band
  • Hire our photographer
  • Research videographers
  • Collect as many bridesmaids as I can and take them dress shopping!

Food is taken care of with the club, I bought my dress in June, and I have hopes of doing my own flowers…

Post # 6
33 posts
Newbee

My next chore to tackle is to pick out the bridesmaids dresses.  A friend of mine is completing the STD’s.  I hope to have them out in the next couple of weeks.  We already have the venue, caterer, photographer, videographer, and my dress.

Post # 7
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

We got out our save the dates, next up for August is to meet with our florist to decide on flowers and sign a contract with our ceremony musicians.

Post # 8
301 posts
Helper bee

This month I have a lot that I want to get done.

• I put a deposit on my florist.
  • Still trying to find my dress.
  • Picking out the girls’ dresses next week.
  • Going to different bakeris to try and decide.
  • Experimenting with DIY centerpiece arrangments.

That’s about all I have planned right now :”]] There is just so much to do!

Post # 9
414 posts
Helper bee

I just ordered STD’s, need to get addresses.  That’s all I really wanted to get done this month.  So I’ve completed my to do list…woohoo!

Oh, and continue to work out, eat healthy.  But that’s on the list EVERY month!

The topic ‘April 2011 Brides…whats on your August to-do list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors