(Closed) April 2012 Bee’s, What have you gotten done so far?

posted 7 years ago in April 2012
Post # 3
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Yay only 9 months! I’ve gotten a lot done, almost everything I think haha. 

I have my church, reception site, dress, invitations, centerpiece stuff ordered, had my bouquet made, DJ, photographer.  I still need to do bridesmaids dresses, (but there’s only 2 of them and they’re our sisters so not difficult), limos and I’m sure a ton of stuff I’ve forgotten. How about you??

Post # 4
2003 posts
Buzzing bee

I just got engaged last month, but I have my date, venue, and dress already purchased, and have picked but not signed with my caterer.  I still haven’t gotten my save the dates out though… eek!  And I’m panicking about finding a photographer!

The main thing I am doing now is making paper flowers.  I intend to use them for all the decor and bouquets etc, so getting started now is necessary!

Post # 5
38 posts
Newbee

I have reception site, ceremony site, dress, invitations, save the dates, dj, cake, photographer, tuxes, bridesmaid dresses, and am starting to look into transportation and the hotel blocking.  We still need to finalize the food selection at the venue but otherwise I think we’re off to a good start 🙂  It’s coming quick!

Post # 6
5011 posts
Bee Keeper

I had a year of pre-planning for the wedding so once the ring was on my finger I got going pretty quickly.

So far we’ve booked/sorted:

• Ceremony/reception venue (Castle, gardens and marquee)
  • Dressmaker (for me and the bridesmaids)
  • MoB outfit
  • Kilt suit
  • Caterers
  • Photographer
  • Videographer
  • Stationery
  • Ice cream tricycle with popcorn machine
  • Magician
  • Band
  • Make-up artist
  • Both my and the bridesmaids’ jewellery
  • Gifts for wedding party
  • DJ
  • Fireworks
  • Rings
  • Cake
  • On-the-day wedding coordinator.

And we still need to sort:

• Hairdresser
  • Erm… Not sure there’s much else to book.

Post # 7
22 posts
Newbee

So far: church, venue, dj, photographer, wedding party chosen, save the dates to be sent out in August. Still need more $$$$$$$$$ lol and limo services. Oh and an awesome stylist.

Post # 8
3142 posts
Sugar bee

Stds sent out to everyone.

I Booked my flights and resort and secured my ceremony location and time as well as the reception location for my Destination Wedding to Mexico

I have my shoes, my dress and maybeeee my earrings, but i might get some bigger ones in the end.

I have reserved FH uniform (this formal dress is only a rental for Majors and below since they were it so little and its so expensive)  This means a little trip to Quebec City pre-wedding, for a fitting and to pick it up.  yay 😉

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee

Ceremony and Reception Venue
Photographer
Food/Alcohol
Ceremony Musician
Picked Bridesmaid Dresses
Made Save-The-Date Cards
Booked Florsit
Bought My Dress
Reserved Hotel Room Block

What’s left: honeymoon, hair & makeup, jewelry, shoes, invitations, cake, rings, transportation and reception music. We’re having an iTunes reception to save money!

Post # 10
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

@Oneeleven: Hi if you are still looking for a wedding photogapher for your wedding, I am giving away a FREE Destination wedding coverage for 2012 couples. Please email me at [email protected] for more info and samples of my work. thanks!

Post # 10
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

@Oneeleven: Hi if you are still looking for a wedding photogapher for your wedding, I am giving away a FREE Destination wedding coverage for 2012 couples. Please email me at [email protected] for more info and samples of my work. thanks!

Post # 11
1046 posts
Bumble bee

Just about 8 months left till April- any things stressing April brides out?

I still need to finish a lot of my ‘bridal’ look.  Need to get my bridesmaids to try on dresses, need to find out who I’m renting tables/chairs from, need to work with our friend who’s doing music and another who’s doing flowers and need to finalize a caterer! I feel super far behind just because there’s so much DIY stuff to do! Hoping seeing that other girls are smoking my progress will encourage me to get motivated!!

Post # 12
97 posts
Worker bee

I’m way behind.

But we aren’t even engaged yet. haha

I already have:

Date

Church

Reception venue, food

DJ

Wedding Gown

I’m going to be ordering the paper for my invitations this weekend and going to be doing our save the dates probably the second weekend in October.

Post # 13
1046 posts
Bumble bee

@MissTBee: that makes me feel a little better =D that’s pretty similar to my timeline.

Post # 14
1429 posts
Bumble bee

OMG I am so behind and stressed. We didn’t really set a budget because the only savings we have we are using for a down payment on a house in the future. So we are just doing things paycheck to paycheck.

All we have so far….

Rings

Dress

venue

DJ

I am so lost and don’t know what to do next!

Post # 15
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I have the ceremony venue booked and know where the reception will be, bought the dress, shoes, veil (early, I know, I couldn’t help it 🙂  ) umm… Save-The-Date Cards made and mailed, invitation supplies bought, and wedding party chosen.  I’m sure there’s more that I’ve done. 

The topic ‘April 2012 Bee’s, What have you gotten done so far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors