(Closed) April 2012 brides: what are you doing to prepare your “look”?

posted 6 years ago in April 2012
Post # 3
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m staring down my nails and hoping they grow! 

I definitely will be whitening my teeth

I might do a little tanning too, so I won’t judge you <3

Post # 5
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

i am on the same page as you ladies. 

no new beauty products = no surprises

i do have to tan a bit just to even out the tan lines that i got on my shoulders from a tank top

teeth whitening

biore nose strip thing (they work so well)

the dreaded wax my lip

make up trial (self)

hair trial (scheduled for a week prior to big day)

Post # 6
1046 posts
Bumble bee

@mypinkshoes:  omg the lip wax…I forgot about that.  I am not entirely pleased that you reminded me.

Post # 7
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@murmur:  lol, i know, it’s not the most glamorous beauty treatment is it?  however, for me it’s a necessary evil every 3-4 months or so.  i have to do mine at least a week prior; i sometimes get a bit of a bumpy rash.  that would not be good for pictures :/

Post # 9
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@MrsElopement:  how do you like the melter?  do you do all your waxing yourself?  i just use the cold wax strips on my lip.  i tried doing my legs once, not a good result, and i couldn’t even think about doing my own bikini.  i will leave that up to the professionals.

Post # 13
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m praying that my nails grow!  I broke one all the way down today and I’m going for my manicure on Friday.  🙁  I think I’m going to have to reschedule it for Monday so it’ll be a tad longer.  

Post # 15
71 posts
Worker bee

So glad I’m not the only one trying not to bite my nails! I recommend Sally Hansen “Hard As Nails” – I’m perpetually anemic and my nails are always breaking but that sutff has pretty much made them indestructable and they are a great length…also it tastes gross so I keep my fingers out of my mouth lol

I’ve also started teeth whitening touchups

Post # 16
12 posts
Newbee

Hi girls,

Any advice on how to whiten a bit the teath with general home products?… it is too expensive where I live and on top of that I have a broken front tooth (that would need to be changed if others are whiter) and overall sensitive teeth, so my dentists advices me not to do it, as they will suffer  even more Undecided

Otherwise, workout every day, mostly for the arms (they will be most visible) no chocolate, less salt – as I tend to swollen a bit, when I eat salty things, trying to find a good cosmetic for around the eyes.

The topic ‘April 2012 brides: what are you doing to prepare your “look”?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors