(Closed) April 2012 brides….what do you have left??

posted 7 years ago in April 2012
Post # 3
2107 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I really need to get hair and makeup booked.  I’m starting to freak out a little on that!  Other than that, dresses for the flowergirls are pretty much the only thing left that we have to book. 

Post # 4
138 posts
Blushing bee

WOW…im really behind…

order invites

order cake (first find a bakery to order from)

Order Shoes

figure out rehersal dinner/rehersal (have ideas but no confirmation)

Finish registering

Hair trial

Book hotel room for BM’s & i 

Book first night hotel

Go to Gyno- start BC

Pick out Tux’s

Send DJ list of music

Sign contract with photographer

Engagement photo shoot

Reception Video- we are making it ourselves

Bridal party presents

i think thats almost everything, lol

Post # 5
91 posts
Worker bee

Very cool post! Our wedding is 7th April 2012 and thankfully things are running smoothly (touch wood).

Invites were posted out before Xmas.

Cake is ordered, can’t wait it will look amazing, booked the bouquets/flower pieces for the men and tables. Wedding favours organised (cupcakes for the children and personalised engraved wine glass charms for adults), vineyard venue will arrange tables for us and catering, ceremony/reception area, found my dress (Allure 8755) which i’ll order from the store after xmas when they’re open again, my girlfriend will do my hair/makeup, photographer/videographer all booked, wedding night accommodation will be at vineyard where the wedding/reception will be. Uncle will marry us and his partner who is a singer will provide entertainment. My big brother will be MC. The main things are organised.

Just need to order bridesmaid dresses online, my darling will book a time after new yr to try suits on for him/his guys and our son and do other smaller stuff like shoes, jewellery, rehearsals etc….i have my s/sheet of jobs so hopefully they’ll all be crossed off in due time 🙂

Post # 6
80 posts
Worker bee

I feel behind also. We did have to change our wedding location completely so I think that factors into our position right now. So far I have:

Ceremony & Reception

Catering

Invitations (almost done)

Photographer (almost done)

Dress

Hotel for wedding

I am still looking for a DJ, florist, cake, groom’s attire, bridal attire besides dress, bridesmaid dresses, event rentals, and bridesmaids gifts. Hopefully this list narrows down VERY soon.

Post # 7
91 posts
Worker bee

you’ll be fine vibride (and yay a date twin!) Just don’t panic too much..i’ve been naughty and organised most of it at work as I have an office job so at my desk/phone all day…i’d be in the same boat as you if it weren’t for that, tut tut aye hehe.

Post # 8
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I am up to my neck in the DJ hunt right now.  I think we are close though.  On tap:

florist

cake

decor (ugh!)

makeup

Good luck in the final stretch, april bees!

Post # 9
273 posts
Helper bee

PHEW!  We have a lot to do ladies!  I’m doing tons of DIY projects to save money, and luckily we are under-budget right now and I think I can still trim a few things which is great!  I’m sure I’ll have to cut out a few DIY projects, but so far I’m staying on top of things.  Here’s my to-do list before the wedding:

• Print Invitations & Send them out (Printing myself)
  • Find Bakery & Order Desserts (need to get on this one!)
  • Schedule our Rehersal Happy Hour (not doing rehersal dinner)
  • Order Wedding Bands
  • Finalize Meal Plan
  • Make Limoncello for favors
  • Order Tuxes
  • Welcome Bags
  • Centerpieces (I’m making them myself by using a combination of potted plants and paper flowers)
  • Aisle Decorations (I’ll probably make some things for this as well)
  • Order gifts for wedding party and parents.

Post # 10
662 posts
Busy bee

@BrittMike12: My list looks a lot like yours. I haven’t been stressed about planning this wedding but lately I feel like I have SOOOO much to do it is getting kinda overwhelming!

Post # 11
2825 posts
Sugar bee

TOO much!!

I have to get the invitations finalized and printed… and mailed, that should have been done like, yesterday!

We should probably register somewhere, we haven’t done that yet.

We need to finalize the restroom order.

Order a cake and other desserts

Start making the paper flower/poms for decoration and our altar…

Making the archway that will BE our altar… haha

get my hair/makeup trial to finalize if I’ll be using that makeup and hair lady

get my ass in shape, and start dress fittings.

scour flea markets to get some last minute decorations

place the rental order… yea, that should have been done months ago.  I suck.

And probably a thousand more things I haven’t done yet… ugh!

Post # 12
22 posts
Newbee

I have sooo much left to do & just reading this post made me freak out even more! lol I get married April 7 & my Fiance keeps changing who he wants in the wedding & etc! I have pretty much everything left to do. 🙁

Post # 13
662 posts
Busy bee

@o0olibelulao0o: Reading your list makes me realize I have a lot more left to do than I thought I did 3 hours ago! lol

Post # 14
91 posts
Worker bee

Hang in there ladies…most women I know work best under pressure, think i’m the same hehe.All the indulging over Xmas hasn’t helped, i’ve been having to hit the gym every day! Keep telling myself it’ll be well worth it though….

Good luck to you all…

Post # 15
454 posts
Helper bee

Phew, glad I’m not the only one feeling like she is running behind schedule! 

We’re driving to Missouri this weekend to do a lot of things:

Measuring barn for wall covering, counting beams for mason jars, ordering tables, chairs, tent, and linens, *breath* giving my dad a daddy-do list (he’s rigging our speakers, building the archway, making our cake topper), meeting with our officiant, going Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping with the BMs, hopefully finding my shoes, contacting our baker, counting tables and chairs to be borrowed from FI’s families church, have my Maid/Matron of Honor do a test hair-do/makeup, check out a tux rental place…I think that’s everything. It’s a lot to fit into 2.5 days!  

On my TN end we need to finish up invites (slated to have families finished before this weekend so we can hand deliver them)

Finish BM’s and Bridal bouquets

Make bout’s

Get gifts for bridal party

go for my final fitting on Feb 5th. 

Make our playlist/buy music

Buy burlap and make table runners

contract a photographer (I almost have one just not sure I’m in love with his style)

get our bands

order food 

Wow, that seems like a whole heck of a lot!!! Glad to be getting a lot of it out of the way this weekend!

Post # 16
20 posts
Newbee

@SunnyBunny: Aww! I’m from Knoxville! Where are you getting married at – Downtown or on the outskirts of town or somewhere else?

All my vendors are booked. We sent out our wedding invites just before Christmas and are getting the RSVPs back now.

I am going into Palm Springs (where our wedding will be) this w/e for my hair appt but I need to book it. I am doing my own makeup. I just have a lot of details stuff – favors, table runners, monograms for the runners, banners for the cake table backdrop, menus printed (or possibly an easle with one menu on display), Wedding programs printed, alterations, getting fit for the wedding, starting to tan so I’m not pasty white, Rehearsal dinner needs to be finalized. That sort of stuff. I did order my wedding lingure from Victoria Secret last night though, and a white velour pantset to run around in for the day-of (they were on sale).

I know this sounds lame, but i need to start up one of my checklists again to get organized so I don’t feel so overwhelmed by all these little tasks.

The topic ‘April 2012 brides….what do you have left??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors