(Closed) April 2012 Brides…where are you going on your honeymoon that time of the year?

posted 9 years ago in April 2012
Post # 17
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Our wedding is April 7th and we are going on the honeymoon around 12th April. My passport expired in November so i’ve re-applied and should have a new one after the new year so then we’ll be able to make a booking. But we’re hoping to go to some part of Asia, Thailand, Bali, Singapore are the top faves at the mo (we’re travelling from New Zealand), we can’t wait!

Oh and because i’ve had to apply for a new passport we thought it best to kill 2 birds with  1 stone and have my name changed prior to the new passport as this would mean I wouldn’t have it under my old name for the next 5 yrs of our marriage so when my passport arrives it will have my future husbands surname on it….very cool idea we thought! He’s already calling me future Mrs Hemming already lol

Post # 18
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We’re waiting a month and going to Spain, Italy and France. We wanted the weather to be a little better.

Post # 19
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

We are going to Central Oregon. Pretty sure it will be snowy but we both like snow sports and were looking for a relaxing romantic place we have never been too that wouldn’t eat up too much of our trip with travel time to or from.

Post # 20
273 posts
Helper bee

Everyone has such great destinations!  We’ll be staying in the Finger Lakes (where our Destination Wedding is happening) at our vacation home for a week or so.  Its a great time of year to be in that area and I cannot imagine planning anything else at this point.

In the Fall, we are planning to go to Spain with some of our good friends.  Can’t wait! 

Post # 21
1062 posts
Bumble bee

We switched it and we are going on a 5 day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico.

Post # 22
454 posts
Helper bee

We’re going to Gatlinburg also ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s nearby, my boss will be out on maternity leave so I couldn’t take much time off. We’re going to the beach later in the summer as well. Also where we fell in love and where he proposed, seems appropriate!

Post # 23
11259 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

So nice to find some date twins!!

We have been living in Mexico for 6 months and will be heading back to Ontario for our wedding.  We haven’t picked our honeymoon spot yet.  We travel a lot already so we want to find a place that will be new to us.  For a quick trip, maybe Belize (it’s not far from where we live) or maybe a big trip to Thailand. It will depend on our budget at the time.

Has anyone ever been to Belize or Thailand?  Please let me know your experiences.

Post # 24
1991 posts
Buzzing bee

we havent booked ours yet, but are leaning toward Jamacia (might have spelled that wrong..)

Post # 25
275 posts
Helper bee

Will know tomorrow for sure (FI has his US visa appointment tomorrow)  If everything works out, we’ll do Moorea-Bora Bora.   And since I am confident and wishing with all my heart it will be like that we haven’t planned anything else.    Please send us your good vibes!!

Post # 26
285 posts
Helper bee

We get married April 14th and leave the 16th for a south caribbean cruise.  When I get stressed I look up reviews and pictures, so excited!

Post # 27
2 posts
Wannabee

We are also getting married on April 28th & we booked our honeymoon to the Bahamas. ๐Ÿ™‚ we leave on that Tuesday-Tuesday. Staying right next to the Atlantis. Good Luck!!

Post # 28
11259 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@Jessmshaw: hi date twin.  atlantis is beautiful.  enjoy!!

Post # 29
27 posts
Newbee

All of these trips sound amazing!  We are going to Disney World a few days after the wedding for 10 nights.  We have always talked about taking a trip there, but just never got around to it.  I figure Disney won’t be tooo bad since spring break will be over and school won’t be out yet.  I’m excited though!!

Post # 30
2825 posts
Sugar bee

We’re getting married April 14th, and we are going the next day to Playa Mujeres in Mexico!! I’m so excited!  The weather won’t be too much different than what we’re used to in Texas, but it will be nice to get away and be near the ocean! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 31
2825 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@missmary82: my sister went to Disney for her Honeymoon, she said it was the best time she’s ever had!! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘April 2012 Brides…where are you going on your honeymoon that time of the year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors