(Closed) April 2012 Riviera Maya brides??

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 4
1508 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m getting married in the riviera maya but not until 2013. Where are you getting married?

Post # 6
1508 posts
Bumble bee

We’re pretty sure we’ll get married at the Barcelo Maya Palace. We stayed at the resort earlier this year but in the tropical section. There’s 5 different sections to the resort: palace (5star), tropical and colonial(4.5 star), and the beach and caribe(4star). Great resort, varying prices to accommodate different budgets, family friendly but not over run with kids.

Someone also created a website much like this one, with forums etc about the resort. Very helpful for planning! (unofficialbarcelomaya.com

Post # 7
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@kthun: It’s a beautiful resort.  My future hubby and I went there on our first vacation together shortly after getting engaged.  I would suggest getting the upgrade to the VIP section.  We loved it there.  Good luck with everything!!  (We now live only a few hours from that resort)  We will be heading back to Ontario for our wedding.

Post # 9
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@SupermansSweetheart:  I’m considering having my wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace.  If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of rate are you getting?  We haven’t got our group rate back yet, so I’m just curious what kind of range I should be expecting.

Also, in terms of layout of the resort, is it rather large?  On the scale of the Gran Bahia where you require golf carts to get around the resort?  I’m just a bit confused if they treat the Palace, Tropical, Colonial, Beach, etc as separate resorts or if it’s a giant one separated into those categories.

Post # 10
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@kthun:  Now Jade was definitely one of my top contenders.  If you don’t mind me asking, what was the group rate you got?  I fell in love with this resort right away but I have a feeling that it may be a tad bit out of budget for our guests.

Post # 11
1587 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

We’ve selected the riviera maya but not till January 2013

Post # 12
1508 posts
Bumble bee

@preshrunken:  Try this link for a map of the resort http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/userfiles/file/map.pdf

If you are considering Barcelo I highly recommend you join the discussion board at http://www.unofficial-Barcelo-maya.com , tons of info and pics on weddings there from past brides etc. It all abut Barcelo but the hotel itself has nothing to do with it, so it’s unbiased.

The resort is very large, although when we were there we stayed to our section of the resort. It is kinda set up as different resorts within the property. If you stay at the palace you have free reign of the entire property, if you don’t stay at the palace you won’t have access to the palace area. Everywhere is accessible though.

I was at the tropical/colonial section and we were free to wander there as well as the beach/caribe section. We did a fair amount of walking there however no cart was needed. I know there is an amazing spot called Playa Azul at the very south end of the property(used a lot for weddings) and if u were at the palace or tropical/colonial it would be a trek. For weddings they will shuttle you and guests down there. 

We haven’t booked our rooms or anything yet so I can’t help you on rates. My wedding isn’t until may 2013 soi won’t be reserving until probably this may. 

If you need more info or anything wasn’t clear let me know 🙂

The topic ‘April 2012 Riviera Maya brides??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors