(Closed) April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

@Mrs.RDV: WooHoo! Wishing you a smooth and beautiful labor and delivery!

@Candy_Nee, Good luck to you with everything this weekend!

I can’t believe it’s really happening HERE COME THE “April” babies πŸ™‚ 

Post # 4
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

OMG…that is insane! I honestly can’t quite get my mind around the fact that we’re all going to have real babies and so soon!

Good luck to the first of the April mamas to pop πŸ™‚

Post # 5
1675 posts
Bumble bee

XP from HB:

37 weeks midwife appointment yesterday. Not much to report…..baby was partially engaged last week, but has now floated completely out of my pelvis, so I’m going to do even more ball sitting and squatting and my midwife recommended sitting with my legs kind of wide and leaning forward to make use of gravity. Also: GBS negative, yay for that!

Total weight gain now up at 39 pounds at 37 weeks. I try not to think about it πŸ™‚

Last night I worked on writing out some positive birth affirmations on index cards. I told Darling Husband that I don’t know what comfort measures will work best for me during labour so I’ve decided to prepare for ALL of them…hahaha!

I’m finding that while I have all the concrete stuff (nursery, clothes, freezer meals etc.) pretty much ready to go, I’m feeling a huge need to spend more time preparing mentally for L&D and motherhood. Of course, it’s one of those things for which you really can’t prepare. Anyone else struggling with this?

Post # 6
1575 posts
Bumble bee

Excited for you April ladies! Can’t wait to read your birth stories πŸ™‚

Good luck Mrs.RDV and Candy_Nee!

Post # 7
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Best wishes, Mrs.RDV and Candy_Nee! Can’t wait to see pictures!

@hergreenapples:  I know what you mean about the mental preparation. I hear so much of the L&D process is mental. I want to make sure I minimize the fear and stress of the whole thing. It’s one reason I’m glad we hired a doula; I feel confident she’ll be a great help on that front.

Of course, I still don’t have all our concrete stuff ready to go, so… πŸ˜›

Post # 8
2016 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I did have a little panic this morning to think that D day will be here very soon!

37 weeks today! i will post a pic when i get home from work.

Post # 9
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Thinking of you mrs.rdv!!!!!!! Can’t wait to hear all about your LO!!!!!

thanks for the well wishes ladies!! I’m starting to get a bit freaked out. The blessing and curse of knowing when you’re having the baby is knowing and having a plan but also knowing exactly when it’s happening so I’ve been obsessing for the past week or so about getting everything done. I have my last OB appt today. She will check for any dialation. If there isn’t any (there wasn’t last week) then ill stop by tomorrow to have her insert a tablet to hopefully kick start dialation. My mom gets in this evening and I’m so excited to have her here!!  Ill keep you girls updated!

Post # 10
1675 posts
Bumble bee

@Candy_Nee:  Yes, there are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both knowing and not knowing when your labour will start! Wishing you lots and lots of luck.

@annifer:  We decided against the doula route (we couldn’t find a good “fit”), and my midwife will be with me throughout the entirety of labour, so that should be helpful. Ultimately though, I feel like it’s all on me, so I’m trying to do all that I can to prepare πŸ™‚

Post # 11
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I can’t believe our April babies are starting to make an appearance!!! So exciting!!!

Post # 12
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

OMG. I remember when you were all getting your BFPs and now you are HAVING YOUR BABIEEESSSS! I am so exicted for you all! 

Best of luck to @Candy_Nee:  & @Mrs.RDV: soon you will have your precious babies in your arms! Thinking of you both and wishing you fantastic deliveries and sweet cuddles with your newborns! 

Post # 13
590 posts
Busy bee

For anyone who missed it on the last board… April mamas now have a facebook group! PM me your e mail if you would like an invite πŸ™‚

Post # 14
4582 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

May Mama here, just popping in to say how excited I am for all of you! Can’t wait to read your birth stories.

Post # 15
1414 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

Remember to PM Mrs.Aardvark for a facebook group invite to follow April mommies and babies. Such a great idea! πŸ™‚

Looking forward to a just Fiance and me weekend. We need it! I could use some sleep, but have been surprisingly energetic lately, getting everyday chores done around the house with enthusiasm and energy to spare. Hope that lasts through the delivery! πŸ˜€

Post # 16
590 posts
Busy bee

@bohosioux:  little bit of pregnancy ESP going on? πŸ™‚

@iheartnerds:  Oh my goodness we are going to have birth stories (and sooner than later!) Not sure why your comment just made it so real but it did!

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors