(Closed) April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 137
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@lilbear:  You doctor can’t make you be induced. If you aren’t comfortable speak up. Ask for a biophysical profile u/s and then ask if induction is “medically necessary.” According to the scientific literature, outcomes for babies are just as good at 41 weeks (often better) than for 40 weekers. Outcomes don’t start to decline until 42 weeks, and even then those declines aren’t statistically significant. Canadian OB guidelines don’t recommend induction until 42 weeks.

Also ask about more natural approaches to induction such as membrane sweeps, AROM and foley catheters before agreeing to Pitocin (if an unmedicated birth is your goal).

Post # 138
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

40 weeks today and no sign of baby. Midwifes are seeing me again next week for a stretch and sweep and to arrange my induction at 42 weeks. Baby is now 3/5-4/5 engaged and sounded very content and happy in there.

Symptoms today have been lots of more painful that usual braxton hicks and lost a few little bits of mucus plug.

Post # 139
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  thanks for the advice on resisting a 41 wk induction! The Dr sounded completely set on this where there is no room for discussion, which I really didnt like. As long as everything is healthy & ok I plan to refuse an induction up to 42 wks. Of course I’m hoping baby comes in her own so I don’t have to have that conversation with her again! My non stress test is on Monday and its with a different Dr in the practice so hopefully she’ll be more reasonable. I really like your ideas of other methods before pitocin (if it comes down to an induction)!

Post # 140
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Thinking of all you mommas who are past their date or look like they may go past!  Hope your little ones make their appearances sooner rather than later!

Post # 141
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@lilbear:  yea, she basically told me that she doesn’t see a benefit to being pregnant after 40 weeks, so 41 was her recommendation for induction. It looks like it could be a moot point for me though, at my appt today I was a “solid” 3 cms dilated and 80% effaced and soft. So she doesn’t think I’ll make it to my next appt next Thursday. Fingers crossed that baby read gearing up!!  

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  thank you for the info! I always get tongue tied and nervous when I disagree with people, especially if they are professionals like my OB! It helps to have more info to use in my argument.

Post # 142
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@mrsrangrang:  I hope he moves head down for you!

View original reply
@jaguar:  Adorable pictures! So happy for you!

Post # 143
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  So glad the expressed breast milk is helping Holt gain weight.  You’re doing a great job, Mama!

View original reply
@mrsrangrang:  Oh no…hope LO decides to turn back to the proper position soon.

View original reply
@jaguar:  She is gorgeous!!  I need to get on making an appointment to get newborn photos done.

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I’m happy to hear the NST went well.  And my fingers are crossed that the caster oil smoothie you made does the trick to get LO to make his or her appearance.

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  You’re looking beautiful!

AFM – Baby Boy (now known as Brandon Alexander) has arrived!  

On Saturday night I got up off the couch to go upstairs to bed around 9:00pm.  When I got upstairs I felt a trickle of fluid coming from my lady parts.  I went to the bathroom and there was bright red blood in my panties.  I looked up “bloody show” and everything I read said that it should be mucousy and tinged with brownish or pinkish blood.  I went down stairs and told DH the situation and we agreed that I should call the doctor to get her opinion on whether or not we should head the thospital for a check up.  But first things first…I had to take a shower.  There was no way I was going to the hospital without one!  So after getting out of the shower I called the doctor.  She said to go in and get checked out just to make sure Baby Boy was doing ok.

We made it to the hospital around 10:30pm.  We went up to L&D and were put in a room for examination.  They hooked me and baby up to the heart rate and contraction monitors.  At this point I was having contractions but didn’t know it because they weren’t yet painful.  The nurse checked me and said I was 1.5cm dilated.  After her exam my water broke (it was about 11:00pm by that time).  DH said ok. so can we go home and then come back later??  The nurse chuckled and responed that No, now that my water had broke we were there until Baby Boy arrived.

We were moved to a room shortly after that.  Doctors orders were to start me on pitocin so that my contractions would progress and become more consistent.  By 3:20am I was ready for an epi!!  All of my labor was in my lower back and it was painful.  The nurse checked me and I wasn’t yet at 3cm.  She said they wait until 3-4cm to give the epi.  She did offer an IV drug to take the edge off but I declined and said I would wait it out.  She came back around 4:15 and checked me again.  This time I was at a solid 3cm and a “stretchy” 4.  She called the doctor to get my epi – YAY!!

The epi procedure was completed by 5:15am.  When they checked me after the epi was administered I was at 5cm.  The nurse said “You should have you baby by noon today”.  Well, Baby Boy had a different idea.  I progressed from 5cm to complete fairly quickly.  By 8:00am I was ready to push.  I don’t know exactly how many contractions I pushed through but I would say about 6 or 7.  Baby Boy was born at 8:26am on Sunday, April 7th.  He was 6 lbs 3 oz and 19.5″.  He got a 9 on both the 1 min and 5 min Apgar.  He’s absolutely perfect!!

Post # 144
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Awww thanks for sharing your birth story! I love the pictures – he is sooo cute!

Post # 145
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Congratulations! He’s beautiful.

I’ve been creeping on this page for about 30 minutes now. I can’t wait until it’s my turn! Good luck to all the ladies that haven’t delivered yet and CONGRATS to those that have! 🙂

Post # 146
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Today is my due date!!! Still losing tiny bits of mucus plug and cramping in the evenings, but nothing consistent enough to make me think baby bear will be making an appearance just yet. Yesterday and today I have gone on 3 mile walks with DH and tomorrow is my NST – hopefully she she decides to come out soon!

Post # 147
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Another shot of my girl, while we wait for the rest of her newborn shoot. 🙂

Post # 148
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@jaguar:  your newborn shots are beautiful. I unfortunately with the wedding coming up cant afford for a proper photographer, but my work colleague who does a bit of photography on the side said he would come and take some for us for free when the baby arrives. 

40+4 – will today be the day? i doubt it! i did think maybe the 15th or 16th but as the days drag on im thinking its getting more and more likely baby b wont make an appearance on his/her own. I have been measuring a week small throughout so maybe they got the dates wrong slightly…….

My dad gave me strict instructions to have the baby before the 15th because thats when he goes back to work!! sorry day, i have let you down!!

Post # 149
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

hi everyone!! hope the new mummies (mommies), are all doing well!! Im so fricken jealous right now!!! still pregnant,, but i havent reached my due date yet, so i really cant complain.. but i just want our little man here.. and im so uncomortable!!!!

would love to hear how you knew you were in labor?? like what the feck do contractions feel like or what hapened in your day leading up to it..??

So still havent finished the nursery.. ergh.. just decorating it now.. but hey baby wont even be in there for a bit so i still have time if the little critter does make an appearance.

And we dont have any names.. so if you feel like sharing some boys names pass em on.. open to anything!!!

Post # 150
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2004

Where is Danelady, Hergreenapples and Chocolate Lime!  This thread has been very quiet and I keep on checking whether there is NEWS!

Post # 151
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Katie Koekblik: I agree! It’s like one of your favorite shows ending in suspense on the season finale – C’mon, I want to see more babies! 🙂

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors