(Closed) April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 167
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@DaneLady:  great birth story. I feel like I will never be able to get round to writing mine with the lack of sleep and the amount of boob time with baby. 

I  am typing from my phone but wanted to try to post a pic of Harper Lillian.

it doesnt seem to be working 🙁

Post # 168
2016 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@lilbear:  i didnt get around to trying the RRL tea. I wasnt allowed to take it because of my high blood pressure.

What i had been doing for a few weeks was perineal massage and squats and sitting on the floor with the soles of my feet togther to really open up the pelvis. The night before i went into labour i ate alot of chili sauce and cleaned all the floors in the house on my hands and knees. 

Labour wasnt nearly as painful as i had imagined it would be and i think adrenaline has a lot to do with it. smile through the pain and visualisation really helps. I laboured mainly on my hands and knees too which i think helped with progression.

Post # 169
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

ok i finally got my laptop out so i can share a few pics..

Here is Harper Lillian:

and here she is after her first bath at home:

once i feel like i have a better routine ill write my birth story.

Post # 170
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

is anyone else stil waiting for their babies?? i am “due” tomorrow.. but i honestly feel like its just going to go straight on by…. ergh… 

Loving the new born pics!!! congratulations to everyone!!!

AFM im in a bit of a funk… went to the dr today and he is back to not being engaged and is oblique.. so could be in for a cesar.. but who knows.. we are just playing the waiting game.. it sucks.. ive heard patience is the only real way to bring on pregnancy.. lol

Post # 171
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@mrsrangrang:  I am right there with you! I was “due” yesterday & the day went right on by with not one sign of possible labor. I’ve been walking a lot the past week or so, ate pineapple yesterday, did the deed this morning, bounced on my birthing ball for weeks and still nothing. Anyone try using a breast pump for nipple stimulation? I tried manually but no luck.  

Post # 172
701 posts
Busy bee

MrsApple414 ha ha lol, ive tried walking stairs, chilly and raspberry leaf tea. i have heard galloping helps.. im just a bit scared to try it. (not actually getting on a horse, but pretending to gallop like a horse.) 

Post # 173
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Baby Chloe was due on Sunday, April 14th, 2013.  I was one week overdue and spent the weekend after her due date trying every old wives tale for starting labor.  I was supposed to be induced on Tuesday, April 23rd if she didn’t come on her own before then.  Luckily I woke up at 12:30 Sunday night in labor with contractions that I couldn’t sleep through!

I decided to get out of bed and move around the apartment, in order to ease the pain of the contractions.  I mostly cleaned and bounced on the exercise ball until Darling Husband woke up.  Around 10:00 am my contractions started to get a bit more painful, but still totally manageable.  Darling Husband and I decided to play wii sports in order to keep me on my feet and distracted from the contractions.  This worked for a while.  I also took a hot shower and tried to take a 1 hour nap in the early afternoon.  By 7:00 pm my contractions were fluctuating between 5-8 minutes apart and getting more painful.  Darling Husband and I went on two different 2 mile walks to help with speeding the contractions up and making the pain more manageable.  By 9:30-10:00 pm, the contractions were getting extremely painful.  I could no longer talk through them and our breathing/massage exercises weren’t alleviating the pain anymore.  I was determined to labor at home as long as possible, in order to avoid interventions at the hospital.  I even took a hot bath to try and lessen the pain of the contractions once all of the other coping methods stopped working for me.  The bath only helped slightly and my contractions had progressed to the point where I was tearing up with each contraction and experiencing extreme pain.  After laboring at home for 24 hours, we headed to hospital at 12:30 Monday night. 

When we got to the hospital, a midwife checked to see how dilated I was.  She said I was only 2 cm (she “made” me progress to 3 cm) and 70% effaced.  According to my last doctor’s appointment a few days before, I was a “stretchy” 1 cm and 50% effaced, so that means in 24 hours of labor I only dilated 1 cm!!!!  I literally started crying and finally consented to getting the epidural.  I really wanted to have an all natural & intervention free birth, but I didn’t feel like there were any other options at that point.  In the end, the epidural was exactly what my body needed in order to progress and I have no regrets.

They placed the epidural in my back at 2:00 am and I dilated to 8cm and 100% effaced in just 3 short hours!  2 hours later I was dilated to 9.5 cm and stalled there for a few more hours.  The doctor gave me some Pitocin to try and move things along since I stayed at 9.5 cm for about 4 hours.  When it was time to push, it was just Darling Husband and one nurse in the room with me.  The doctor came in after about 20 minutes and somehow I managed to push for a total of only 45 minutes!  Chloe was born at 1:34 pm on Tuesday, April 23rd.  She weighed 9 lbs 2 oz and was 21.5 inches long.  We did delayed cord clamping and I had two 2nd degree tears that needed stitching. 

So far motherhood has been a dream.  She is such a good baby and we are absolutely in love with our little peanut! 

We did have a bit of a bump in the road after her birth because I was dealing with a spinal headache as the result of the epidural.  (still no regrets on the epidural despite this issue.) Basically, a spinal headache is like a bad migraine that radiates through your body and headache meds don’t work.  I was discharged from the hospital that Thursday, but went back the next day to have a blood patch treatment done to deal with the spinal headache.  Basically they put an epidural line into your back, but instead of the epidural medicine, they place blood from your arm in the line so that it will plug the hole where you are leaking spinal fluid.  You have to lay down for 2 hours at the hospital right after the procedure and then you go home and are on bedrest for 18 more hours.  This really interfered with my ability to breastfeed exclusively and we decided to supplement 1 bottle of formula at night so I could try to rest and recover.  Unfortunately, we also found out at the same time that poor baby Chloe can’t digest formula and was having some major gas/digestive issues.  Poor baby. The blood patch treatment took the worst of the pain away, but I was still having some issues until 1 week after the treatment.  Luckily it did make me feel well enough to start exclusively breastfeeding right away (after the bedrest restrictions were up) and we now have a newborn that sleeps through the night (outside of waking her up for feedings/diaper changes).  

Post # 174
701 posts
Busy bee

just wondering how everyone is going??

we should all have our little bundles of joy. hope everything went well for everyone 🙂

Post # 175
Bee
6474 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

All is good here! Enjoying every minute of being a new mama & is it bad I’m already clucky again? 😉

Here’s Bag Jag at 14 weeks old.

Post # 176
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

This is my 16 week old as of yesterday!  I have not posted in a long time sorry with going back to work finding time to post is hard these days.  He was born on April 22 @ 757am after going to the hospital on April 21st @ 3am after my water broke. Long story short after 2 epidurals and one failed spinal tap and 30 hours of labor He was born via c-section that I requested due to fatigue.  Would not have changed it for the world because he is a perfect baby!! Would love to see more updates from everyone.  I know it is hard to find time for us new moms!

Post # 177
2016 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We had a rough ride with Olivia due to Colic and my post natal depression but i wouldnt change any of it looking back. It definately made my bond with her stronger in the long run. 

Olivia is now 19 weeks old today!

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors