(Closed) April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@Mrs. Aardvark:  I sent you a message, I’d love to join the FB group πŸ™‚

So excited for 

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  and @Mrs.RDV!!

Im 35w4d and have been having sharp/shooting pains in my cervix.  LO is getting hiccups 1-3x’s a day…I wish I could do something to help :(. We are still getting the nursery together and I’ll be washing her clothes this weekend and getting my hospital bag together.  So much to do, so little time….smooches and blessings April (and now March) Mama’s!!!

Post # 19
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

So I’m being admitted tomorrow night to get the induction process started. I’m not even remotely dilated so they’re having me come in to get a suppository to get that started before they start the Pitocin Saturday morning. 

Post # 20
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

SO EXCITING. Ah! We need our dates/genders list up the top too, so I can remember who I’m stalking next!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 21
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

A quick update on the OB front: baby girl is doing great! My blood pressure & proteins are back to average, she’s measuring at 40 weeks (I’m almost 36) so no massive growth. Dr. P couldn’t feel much of her head, and is sticking to the 2/5 engaged-3/5 palpable pelvic measurement. She’s head down and bum up and I’m as happy as a clam.

Post # 22
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

Nursery is Done! Ready when you are Baby Aardvark! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 23
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@jaguar:  Great news!!

View original reply
@Mrs. Aardvark:  The nursery looks terrific!!

Post # 24
590 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@diva81esq:  thanks! πŸ™‚

Question on cervical checks: have you ladies had them? Do you find the information useful? I am 37 weeks 3 days and the doc has asked if I want one at the last two appointments. I have heard they are uncomfortable and am not really sure what I would do if she said I was 2cm or something. It is my understanding these things can change pretty quickly and I feel like unless I am at 5+ it would just make me antsy. (And I would hope there would be other signs if I was that far…. or am I missing the point of the whole thing?  

Post # 25
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@Mrs. Aardvark:Β  My midwife doesn’t do them until you’re in labour. Her take, and the view I’ve adopted as well, is that they really aren’t very useful in predicting anything. Some women can walk around dilated for weeks, whereas others can go from 0cm to significant dilation in mere hours. It can also introduce germs/bacteria and I figure the fewer of those the better.

I am okay with not knowing and going with the flow, but I know some women find it really helpful from a mental preparation perspective. Totally a personal decision.

Post # 26
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

my midwife doesnt do cervical checks until labour either which is perfectly fine with me!!

i am officially on Maternity Leave!! was very strange leaving work today. The guys at work have been very generous in collecting for an £80 mothercare voucher. i even got an easter egg from the sales guy who always stresses me out.  i was treated to a KFC lunch and Krispy Kreme donuts too πŸ™‚

I feel a little lost already!

Post # 27
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I had my first cervical check this past Wednesday (36wk 3days). Supposedly I am 1 cm dilated already but I have been very lightly spotting for 2 days now – so I think she may have helped that 1 cm along! I don’t think they are totally necessary and I hope I don’t spot every time – regardless that’s how my office handles them so I will be checked weekly from here on out. 

Today I also packed up my office at work just in case I don’t come back from our spring break. It feels so weird – and kind of awesome. I did plan to work until my due date (4/14) but I packed everything up in case she’s early (or I feel like garbage).  

Post # 29
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

The nursery is officially done!  And just in the nick of time!:)

Post # 30
590 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  Love it! The colors are great! And I think we have the same crib πŸ™‚

Post # 31
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - Sweet ceremony by the sea and sunset celebration on the North Shore of Hawaii

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  looove! I’m obsessed with the navy stripes….well done, mama!

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors