(Closed) April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 47
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - Sweet ceremony by the sea and sunset celebration on the North Shore of Hawaii

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  looove! Everything turned out perfect, lady. I love the grey walls, mobile and prints – too cute!

Post # 48
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

36 weeks!!!

Post # 49
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

first day of Maternity leave today and I really have no idea what to do with myself! I am having my eyebrows shaped at 4 today but i feel a little lost!

I have already cleaned the bathroom, and tested the car seat in my car, maybe i should get started on cleaning the rest of upstairs and start on downstairs tomorrow.

Has anybody else bought a Moby Wrap?? or any other baby sling for that matter?

Post # 50
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I have a moby and a beco butterfly. the beco seems pretty idiot-proof but I haven’t mastered the moby yet. I tried one of the pictures from the enclosed booklet but its really tricky to make it drape properly when I still have a big baby bump!  I’ve heard there are good instructional YouTube videos out there so that’s my next plan for attempting the moby.

Post # 51
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@jaguar:  You look beautiful!

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I’m a little jealous that you’re starting maternity leave already.  I’m waiting until the last possible moment so I can spend more time at home after Baby Boy is born.  Plus, I know I’d be having the same feelings as you — lost as to what to do with my time.  I did get a Moby wrap but have no clue how to use it.  Maybe you chould do that today…look up some YouTube videos on how to use the Moby.

Post # 53
2015 posts
Buzzing bee

just looked up some instructional videos for the Moby Wrap. It seems fairly simple but i just found the Mei Tai wrap which i think i prefer over the Moby. Not sure why but to me it looks more secure and makes much more sense how to use.

I proceeded to wipe down all the kitchen cupboard doors and get rid of the cat paw prints that seem to have appeared all over them. i have been cleaning since 9 am (its now nearly 1pm). got a few strong braxton hicks whilst cleaning the floor so im hoping baby is  moving further down.

Post # 54
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  You may also want to look at the Baby K’Tan, which is supposed to be very similar to the Mody but more fool-proof (no tying required).

I’m jealous that you’ve already started your leave…I have four days left of work and they are dragging. Not really sure what I’m going to do when my leave starts either…I’ve left myself a few projects though (hanging the last of the art in the nursery, printing the address labels I’ve made for the birth announcements, getting the snow tires off my car…if it ever stops snowing etc.).

View original reply
@DaneLady:  You look great and your puppy is too cute 🙂 It’s snowing here too. I like winter, but I’m pretty much over it now! Hope you’re feeling well.

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Your nursery looks awesome! I’m going to hang baby’s first initial as part of a gallery wall type thing I’m doing above the dresser, but obviously can’t do that until we know whether we have a boy or a girl. I bought the first initials for both our boy and girl name (they were like $5/each so I was able to justify it!) and will try to paint them at the beginning of my leave so I can just hang the right one once baby arrives.

DH’s three sisters threw me a really lovely shower yesterday. They even coordinated it around the nursery colour scheme. Here are the gorgeous cookies my SIL’s super talented friend made as favours:

Post # 55
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  we have a moby and have been practicing with a stuffed animal someone got the baby. I think it has gotten easier. We also have an ergo baby since I wasnt sure if DH and I would like to use the same thing abd also incase baby has a preference. …

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  those cookies look amazing! 

I am starting to get antsy. 38 weeks tomorrow.  So far baby is dropping but no real signs of labor. I had a few pretty strong Braxton Hicks yesterday but nothing noticeable after I went to to bed. Oh well. More walking around and pineapple for me!

Post # 56
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  HOLT! He’s beautiful! Hooray!

(I’m channeling Arrested Development and have both my fists in the air – “HOLT!”)

Post # 57
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@jaguar:  Gorgeous, lady!

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  We have a Beco and a Maya wrap. I need to look up the Maya youtube videos. A friend has also offered to make me a sling, which would be great for the early months – I think they only work for ~3 mo and under.

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Still looking good! I love your dog photobombs. My mom was trying to get photos of the nursery this weekend, and the cats kept jumping in the the crib. “HAI YOU BUILT GIANT LAUNDRY BASKET FOR US, RIGHT?”

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  Those cookies are phenomenal! I have a friend who’s also super-talented at decorating cookies. She’s tried to teach me, but I am not sure i have the patience.

View original reply
@Mrs. Aardvark:  Pineapple, eh? I’m going to have to remember that!

AFM, I’m 35 weeks as of today. Gulp. We had our shower this weekend – SO FUN. Dr. Seuss theme, no games, just hanging out with our friends and chatting. Spent yesterday washing up the bounty of baby clothes, and doing more work on the nursery. I guess we need even MORE storage. Holy cow, this baby’s gonna have a lot of junk.

Post # 59
2015 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@DaneLady:  maybe i will leave the pineapple then!!

had my eyebrows shaped a short while ago. they look loads better, but she used tea tree oil on them after she was done which i read is a big no no when pregnant. I washed it off once i got home – hope its ok though Undecided not too sure why its such a no no.

Post # 60
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Getting large & in charge!!!

Post # 61
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I’ve been using tea tree oil my whole pregnancy. I read some of the info that warned against it and found their reasons completely baseless, so not to worry! I feel like all the “do nots” for pregnancy are getting to be more and more ridiculous. It’s almost to the point where pregnant women should be wrapped in a bubble and left in isolation for 9 months Tongue Out

@lilbear: You look really great!

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors