(Closed) April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 62
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Nursery looks awesome!

View original reply
@jaguar:  
View original reply
@DaneLady:  
View original reply
@lilbear:  Your bump photos look great! I really need to get my act together and take another one.

AFM – Had doctors appointment this morning – baby is head down but hasn’t dropped.  60% effaced and cervix is 1/2 cm dialiated (haha).  BUT my blood pressure was too high πŸ™ They told me to stop working, sent me to the lab for blood work (after trying to do it in the office and giving me awful bruises), and now I have to go back on Thursday.  Hoping my labs come back clean and my Bridal Party goes down in the next few days! I go into work tomorrow for a hour and finish things up but then that’s it for me – maternity leave at 35w6d.  

Post # 63
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@MrsApple414:   when my blood pressure was high i read that orange juice and bananas help lower it. i have been drinking lots of orange juice and eating a banana every day and my blood pressure went down to normal. probably a coinsidence but worth a shot!

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  i agree a lot of the banned essential oils seem to have no evidence to back it up. i think that the reason why they say not to use them because of the lack of evidence to say they are safe and trials on pregnant woman is unethical.

Post # 64
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I am a big pineapple fan… but I did make my mouth hurt last week when I sat down and ate a heaping bowl full… I think I read somewhere that you would have to eat like 10 to get concentrated enough levels of whatever “induces” labor to do anything… but it’s fun to feel like I am doing something to help. I guess eggplant is supposed to be good too but I am not sure why. I don’t like eggplant as much so maybe I will hold off on that until I get really desparate! πŸ™‚

Post # 65
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

View original reply
@MrsKoz: Fabulous nursery! 

View original reply
@jaguar: Still glowing, mama. <3

View original reply
@ChocolateLime: The Moby Wrap is AMAZING and an absolute life saver! I just recently bought a 2nd one in organic eggplant. I had one with my son and he fell asleep instantly in it, even when fussy and gassy. He loved being snuggled close and I could easily see him, bond with him and breastfeed him. It is SUPER easy to use, but might be difficult with a big belly. I also love how portable, adjustable and perfectly gender neutral, great for mom and dad or anybody else who sits for or cares for baby from time to time. My son used it until he was over a year old! Definitely recommend it. πŸ™‚

ALMOST 38 weeks and I decided to prank my Fiance and babysitter via text the other night to be sure they were on their toes and ready at the drop of the hat. Just a simple “MY WATER BROKE!” message had my phone lighting right up, which was awesome to see, since babysitter is my 2 year old’s father, who happens to be staying 2.5 hours away, and it happened to be guy’s night for the Fiance. It was so surprising to hear the excitement in his voice, since he is always so calm and collected about everything. Haha. Soon, grasshopper, soon. I managed to avoid a 38 week appt with the midwives this week, since the schedule was completely booked and I used to only be available Fridays. Nice! So, I don’t go in next until 39 weeks, 1 day! The appts are always a bit trivial, since we have a heart rate monitor at home and I don’t ask for them to check my cervix. I already know baby is head down and engaged, so it’s all just a matter of waiting it out at this point.

My cousin was induced, as mentioned, a week overdue, but the pushing was not successful after 3 hours and she had to deliver her son via c-section. He was 9 lbs, 9 oz, 22″ long at 41 weeks, so certainly not GIGANTIC, but part of the reason she was induced for going over (that and blood pressure). I visited her in the hospital on Saturday, between my two baby showers, and what a sweetheart. He was absolutely precious; however, where I thought he would excite and prepare me, he made me nervous and feeling even more unprepared. Lol. I guess I have always been nervous about the actual delivery until right up to the delivery. πŸ™‚ Just wanted to report that he is happy and healthy and nursing very well.

Post # 66
2015 posts
Buzzing bee

I have been lretty rubbish at taking bump pictures but i finally got around to it.

So here is 37+5

Post # 67
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  You are so cute. That bump is definitely 100% baby!

So, I’m 99% convinced that this “meeting” that got put in my calendar a couple weeks ago for later today is not actually a meeting but some sort of work baby shower. I am totally onto my sweet colleagues, but am keeping it to myself, because I don’t want them to know that I caught onto their surprise πŸ™‚ I was already pretty sure of what was going on, but it was further confirmed when I walked in this morning and they all stopped talking as soon as I walked in the door. If I’m wrong I’m going to feel really dumb (and be completely unprepared for the meeting!).

Happy Tuesday, everyone. April is SO freaking close!

Post # 69
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2004

Hi Ladies, I am always lurking around so just want to say all of you are looking great, the nurseries are gorgeous and Baby Holt is too sweet! Jaguar seems a bit quiet today… I hope all of you get some rest before the April baby boom continues after Baby Holt’s birth! (Which is a super fabulous name, by the way!)

Post # 70
590 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  aww yay for surprises! My work friends threw a surprise bridal shower for me and I was so clueless.  Even when I walked up to the conference room and saw streamers I was like oh no someone else is having a party in here…we’ll have to move our meeting! Duh :p I couldnt even blamr that on baby brain!

Post # 71
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi Ladies,

5 days already and I’m just so in love with this little man. Pretty tired but we are adjusting. Last night was a much better night in the sleep department. I do not know what I would do if my mom was not here to help out. I’ve been able to shower and nap without having to worry about Isaac. And she has been cooking us wonderful dinners for when DH gets home from work. My advice is to get as much rest as possible now and make sure you have your hospital bag packed as you just never know.

Here is my birth story:

March 20 8:20pm my water broke. I was just hanging out online and thinking of what to have for a snack when this happened. I called DH from upstairs and we quickly put together a hospital bag. We were both a bit in a state of shock. I called my mom to let her know what was going on and then we went to the hospital and they hooked me up to monitors and then checked me. I was 3cm and my contractions were about 5 min apart. They said I could stay or go home and come back later if things were progressing or for sure at 8am. I chose to go home. We packed the rest of what we needed for the hospital, I had a snack and went in the shower. We were going to lay down and hopefully get some rest. Well, by the time I showered my contractions were coming pretty fast. I did lay down and then DH said after about 5 minutes it was time to go back.

So we headed back. They sent me straight to a labour and delivery room this time. I got hooked back up to monitors and started to get asked my medical history. I went into this with the thought that I would not get any medications but other things were in the plans for me. My contractions were coming so fast and in my back as well. I was so uncomfortable that I decided and epidural was in order. This is a decision that I’m very glad I made. By the time they had it in and the doctor checked me at about 1am I was 9cm. Baby was sunny side up this point and the doctor tried to turn him, but it hurt way too much. So for the next few hours hubby slept and I dozed in and out. I’m very glad for the epi as without it I would not have been able to rest.

At around 6:30 I was checked a final time. I had been checked sometime in the night but they decided the baby needed to move down more before pushing. At this final check the nurse decided on a practice push. As I was not feeling much they started oxytocin and downed the epidural. By 7:30 it was time to start pushing. It wasn’t too bad but I could definitely feel it. At 8:15am Isaac was born. Then came the stitching. This part was pretty uncomfortable even with the freezing. I had quite a bit of tearing, but I had my baby boy in my arms.

After an hour we were moved to our room. Isaac had low blood sugar when he was born and was pretty lazy about eating for the first 24+ hours. They had to give him some formula just to het his blood sugar up. He had so many heal pokes I felt so bad.

Breast feeding is going pretty well. It was hard at first, but then they had a lactation consultant come see us and we got it right away with her help. She came again later to supervise a feeding to make sure he was eating before they would discharge him. At about 8:30pm on Friday night we got to bring our boy home.

He is now eating like a champ, although he needs lots of stimulation when he does eat.

Yesterday was our first trip out of the house to of all places Wal-mart. But we needed to get a few groceries and a couple baby things. Thinking I had a couple more weeks, I was not completely prepared.

Post # 72
2015 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  congratulations again and im so glad you are starting to get into a routine. I wish my parents lived closer as i think the extra pair of hands would definately be a help. unfortunately my mum doesnt drive and its such a hassle for her to get here on her own.       

my hospital bags have been packed for months just in case. i would hate to have not been prepared ( im a bit of a panicker!)

Issac is a beautiful name.

So im getting a little fed up now with my own dad telling me im fat and have put on loads of weight. For the record i have put on 36lbs and i was underweight to begin with (i was told to aim for 40lbs weight gain by the widwife). Yes i have put on weight in my face and arms but that is it, and im pretty sure its water retention.

I rarely eat deserts or sweets and it feels like everytime i mention i went out for lunch and had a pudding which i never do, he makes a jibe about me being fat.

I wouldnt mind but its not like my dad is slim he could do with losing a fair few pounds but i would never tell him that!

Post # 73
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Your pics are beautiful.  Love them!

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  Glad to hear everything went rather smoothly for you.  Can’t wait to see more pics of baby Isaac.  Congrats, again, on his arrival πŸ™‚

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Don’t let your dad get to you.  You and your midwife know what is best for you.  If she suggested you gain 40 lbs then that’s what you should do…even if it makes your arms and face a little bigger for now.  

Post # 74
590 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  thank you for sharing your story! I cant believe he has been here 5 days already!

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  how rude! I am up about as much as you and if anyone said I was getting fat I would just hope the could run faster than I could waddle after them! I am sorry you have to deak with any extra hassle right now. Your body abd midwife seem to have the right idea though. Forget what anyone else says.

Post # 75
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@DaneLady: 
View original reply
@Mrs. Aardvark:  Yes, it was definitely not a meeting πŸ™‚ Probably around 20 colleagues were there with a ton of food and some very generous gifts. It was really, really thoughtful.

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  Glad to hear things are going well so far! What a blessing to have your mother there. I feel like everything will be okay because I know my mum will be staying with us that first week or two.

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Um, seriously (about your dad)? Pregnant women gain weight because we’re growing HUMAN LIVES. There is absolutely no excuse for saying that. Your body is doing what it needs to do. Trust it πŸ™‚

Post # 76
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  congrats again momma!! Sounds like everything went well for you!

The bumps are looking great ladies!!!

We’re home and struggling with his weight and eating quite a bit. His weight went down over 10% in the time between birth and the doctor yesterday. We had to start supplementing with formula. He’s also a bit jaundiced so we have to keep going in for bilirubin checks. It’s been a rough few days. But this little guy is so cute its hard to stay upset for long. I’m hoping to get my birth story together in the next few days. 

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors