(Closed) April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 77
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to pick up some bananas! and By The Way you look fabulous! Your dad has no idea what he is talking about! You are all belly and are going to be one of those lucky ladies that leave the hospital looking like you didn’t just have a baby πŸ™‚ So don’t worry or stress over that one bit! Not worth your time.  

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Your pictures are beautiful! I love that you included your dogs! 

AFM – yesterday I went into work for a hour and finished things out – feels so weird to be done! But I am very thankful I have the time off and capability to enjoy a month off before baby is even due.  I was planning to go to lunch and maybe a few stores afterwards yesterday but felt too sick and weak πŸ™ Also, I’ve had a ton of cramping and BH’s after the cervical check – anyone else experience this?  I go back to the dr tomorrow at 2 – they are fitting me in after their lunch break.  I’m hoping the bp is back to normal and that they don’t want to do another cervical check.  I didn’t really find it painful but all the cramping and BH’s after are annoying! 

On another note, anyone using a birthing ball? I borrowed one and I have been trying to bounce on it a bit each night – but no clue if it’s doing anything. 

Post # 78
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I had to post this. i came downstairs to Mr B putting my monkey in the car seat to practice!!

Post # 79
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  I had cramping & BH after both of my cervical checks so far too. It stinks but my dr said its totally normal. Also – I got a birthing ball myself. I actually got it more for AFTER the baby is born – I plan on bouncing on it with the baby in my arms to help soothe her if she’s crying. It was my sister’s ace in the hole for soothing her son, so I’m hoping it works for us too! I’ve been bouncing on it for about 30 min each day starting about a week & a half ago. So far it hasn’t really moved things along in the dilation department. I’m still only 1 cm dilated but my cervix is thinner than it was last week (hooray progress!) 

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  You look amazing and you are definitely all belly! I wish people knew when to keep their opinions to themselves – making anyone feel bad (especially a pregnant lady) is just so wrong. πŸ™

On another note – my dr told me today that since I am full term (37w 3d) that “I can go ahead and go into labor whenever I feel like it.” Lol if only I had a say – pretty sure baby bear is the only one calling the shots from here on out! 

Post # 80
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Ummm that is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen πŸ™‚ 

Post # 81
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

I had a clump of mucousy discharge yesterday (after about a week’s worth of yellowy snotty mucous after peeing) & I’ve had cramps ALL DAY today. Nothing consistent or anything, but I’m really hoping these are signs that my body is preparing for pre-labour over the coming weeks. Ouch!

Post # 83
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I am 37 wks 5 days today and I STILL haven’t hit that super uncomfortable stage yet, which makes me think baby bear is going to make a late appearance! However, I went shopping at an outlet center yesterday (for more baby clothes!) and I was a little sad at all the cute outfits and spring dresses that are in the stores for women – I miss shopping for regular clothes! I was never crazy about being stuck just shopping at like 2 different maternity stores and I can’t wait to have my body back and able to dress like a normal person again!

Post # 84
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Too cute of a photo!

View original reply
@lilbear:  I’m not sure the birthing ball is doing much for me either but I find it makes me feel like I might be doing something πŸ™‚ Also, if I go on my knees and put my stomach/boobs on the ball it feels really good to get the weight of the baby off my body while still being able to lean on something.  

View original reply
@jaguar:  Very good sign!!! 

AFM – Went back to the Dr’s yesterday.  My Bridal Party is still “higher” but my labs and urine were all fine.  I go back Monday so they can keep an eye on it but as long as it doesn’t go up any higher I should be okay.  I go to a group practice and see a bunch of different Dr’s so the one I saw yesterday was not nearly as worried about it as the one I saw last Monday.  Slightly frustrating they all have their own opinion on what is considered “worriesome”.  Oh well – for now I’m still taking it easy (since now I’m on maternity leave) and going to enjoy my time with my DH πŸ™‚ 

Post # 85
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - Sweet ceremony by the sea and sunset celebration on the North Shore of Hawaii

Hey mamas! Hope everyone is feeling good….the bump photos are so lovely (even though we feel so swollen and THIS BIG). πŸ™‚

We started having our non stress tests at the hospital this week, since I had a slightly low PAPP-A result during my 2nd NT scan. The little dude looks healthier than ever and passed with flying colors….but we have to go 2x a week until he arrives, just in case. Ooof! And at yesterday’s weekly OB checkup, she announced that I’m 1cm dilated, cervix is nice and soft and the little dude has gotten lower. πŸ™‚

We’ve ordered and received everything else from our registry/baby list this week, including all the breastfeeding and post partum recovery stuff (thank goodness for those HB guides or I would’ve never known about all that stuff!!!). Diapers, baby toiletries, bottles, pump, cloth wipes and everything else is washed and put away.

We’re in napa/yountville this weekend for our babymoon and it’s been so relaxing so far. The food and wine have been heaven!

What’s everyone up to this Easter weekend????

View original reply
@DaneLady:  you look great, mama…so so close!!!! I agree these last weeks are crawling by. and I feel like I’m the slowest moving human on earth. Ooof! 

View original reply
@lilbear:  I miss regular shopping too! i was at least able to pick up some cute summer knit maxi dresses and skirts from the gap that are comfy now and I can wear later. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  glad to hear your Bridal Party is holding steady and hope you get lots of relaxation this weekend!

here’s my almost 38wk bump after dinner last night. He’s getting BIG!

Post # 86
590 posts
Busy bee

We are less than 24 hours from April! πŸ™‚ feeling light but more consistent than normal braxton hicks today. Not timing anything since I dont want to get my hopes up.  I feel like the wait is our first test of patients as parents. My in laws keep telling me how antsy they are too :p

Hopefully this is the last or one of thr last bump pics

Post # 87
590 posts
Busy bee

Post # 88
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

It’s April!! It makes me excited.

Lately I have been feeling uncomfortable. I was carrying a load or five to the basement two days ago and hurt my back, ugh! Sleeping and sitting on the couch has been uncomfortable since then. I’m 38wk1d and ready for baby to come. 

Post # 90
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Candy_Nee:  OMG, CONGRATS! He’s precious! And LOVE the nursery! XX

@Mrs.RDV:  Congrats!!! What a wonderful birth story!

Happy April!!!

I’ve been following you all for the last nine months; gosh hope I don’t sound creepy. I love keeping up with my 1+ TTC gals, and in bonus, I got to follow the rest of you lovely ladies in the process.

Best wishes to all those who are approaching delivery soon! Good luck mama’s! Can’t wait to check back and see more birth stories!

Post # 91
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@DaneLady:  thanks. Yeah, things have gotten much better. His bili levels are down enough that were out of the woods. I have a friend who is a lactation consultant and she came over on Friday as a last attempt at breast feeding. She is a miracle worker. She introduced us to the glorious ness that is the nipple shield. We popped that bad boy on and Holt latched right on and we haven’t looked Back!  We haven’t had to give him a bottle in days. I’m still pumping to keep my supply up and get a back up for when I go back to work. 

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  thanks love!! How are you?

Happy April girls!!! I can’t wait to see all the little ones make their debuts!!!!!

If I can offer one piece of advice that has saved my sanity this week, it’s to remember that everything is temporary. Labor and delivery don’t last forever. They’re temporary. Any sleep or feeding issues are only temporary. I was so upset about all our feeding issues and now I realize that it was only a few days. This too shall pass has been my motto. 

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies are being born!! (part 7)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors