(Closed) April 2013 Babies – Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
5479 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Also, Candy Nee- I love love love the dog picture πŸ™‚

How far along? 12w 4d

Gender: We prefer a boy, but honestly I have no inclination one way or the other.  I don’t think we’re going to find out the gender either.

Total weight gain: 3 or 4 pounds

Maternity clothes? Not yet, except for the really cute dress I got off the clearance rack at Target a few years ago… and I had no idea at the time that it was maternity- until AFTER I wore it a few times Embarassed

Stretch marks? Not yet

Belly button? Pierced innie, and I haven’t decided if I’m taking it out or getting a plastic stretchy navel ring thingy.

Sleep:  I’ve never been a deep sleeper, and pre-pregnancy I got up to pee at least once in the middle of the night.  Unfortunately, now I have trouble falling back asleep after I get up to pee.

Best moment this week (so far): MrDane put his head on my tummy, as if he were listening for something.  I asked if he heard anything, and he said “FEED ME NACHOS!”

Worst moment this week (so far): I thought I was over the intense fatigue but it’s back this week πŸ™

Miss Anything? I could go for a juicy red steak.  I kind of miss beer and wine, but not as much as I thought.  Cooking red meat thouroughly is breaking my heart much more than skipping the cabernet.

Cravings: Cheese, carbs, carbs with cheese, cheesey carbs, and cheese.  And carbs.

Movement: It’s too early.

Classes? The hospital offers several, and I plan to take those in the next few months or so.

Nursery progress? We have talked about what we want to do, but haven’t actually DONE anything yet!

Names picked? Boy- Andrew James, girl- Emma Joanne BUT… Emma is so popular these days we might change our minds.  The middle names are family names, and we’re not sharing our name choices with anyone IRL at this point.

Milestones? Our first u/s.  MrDane saw the baby first because the screen was facing away from me (they couldn’t find the heartbeat with the doppler, so they took a quick peek just in case) but as soon as I saw his face light up I knew everything was ok!

Struggles? Meh, none really.  I thought it would really take a toll on my spirits to stop working out intensely, but honestly I’m so tired I couldn’t care less.  Gimme a grilled cheese schmammich and let me take a nap!

Most worried about? Typical worries, I think- we just want a healthy baby.

Most excited about:  NT scan next week, and getting started on the nursery.  I think it will feel more ‘real’ once we have a room set up and I can peek in and imagine our baby in there.

Post # 5
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Ashley1001:  Drinking some orange juice usually helps to wake up baby.

Post # 6
2011 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

all i know is toast and marmite does not work and poking your belly doesnt either! i will try orange juice for the next scan. At least the pictures were easy to take because baby was sleeping!

Post # 8
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Uggg,….ROUGH WEEK. I’m 10 weeks now…. I’ve been spotting/bleeding with mild cramps since Wed at noon :/ Doctor is having me come in next friday, October 5th for an ultrasound and some shot because of my Blood type…O-

I’m thinking its the worse, hoping for the best, but glad I’ll find out the answer in 7 days :/

Possitive thinking is so hard when the interwebz all say it could be either normal or a misscariage. UGHHHH

Post # 9
591 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

Well… I have been lurking long enough… Time to out myself! 

How far along? 12w 3d

Gender: TEAM GREEN πŸ™‚ (But I think it’s a girl and so does Mr. A, My dad is SURE it’s a boy)

Total weight gain: -3 (up from -6 at my 10 week) Morning sickness has not been my friend

Maternity clothes? YES!! 2 pair of pants… A bit earlier than I NEEDED them but Boy do they feel WAY better than my regular jeans (which require a hair-tie through the button hole if I have to sit for any amount of time.)

Stretch marks? Non yet…Knock on wood

Belly button? Innie

Sleep: The more the better! I have become the queen of naps. The only thing that stops me from being a sleep machine is that I have to pee ALL the time!!

Best moment this week (so far): The first day of not feeling like I am going to hurl all day after the morning sickness had started (yay for light at the end of the tunnel!) or Sharing the news with our parents. OR, Seeing our little wiggle worm on US for the first time at 10 weeks, looked WAY more like a person and less like a blob than I was expecting. (oops didn’t see that this said “this week” In that case being past the 12 week “Safe” mark)

Worst moment this week (so far): Week after week of being pukey and exhasted. 

Miss Anything? Sushi!! It is one of the few things that sounds good and it sound SO good!!!

Cravings: Crunchy anything. Tart apples. Curly Fries

Movement: Not yet.

Classes? Plan on taking some, not yet though

Nursery progress? Ummm…OH! I think I have a chair picked out….But that’s all.

Names picked? I think so…But they are both secret. Shhhhh πŸ˜‰

Struggles? Morning (all day) sickness. Also it hurts when I sneeze now.

Most worried about? Birth…And then raising a person who will contribute to society…But mostly birth at this point.

Most excited about: A)The end of morning sickness B) Meeting this baby C) Seeing Mr. Aardvark as a dad πŸ™‚ 

@Luckygir15: Wishing the best for you! Sending you bee hugs!!

Post # 10
170 posts
Blushing bee

@Candy_Nee – You’re announcement is adorable.

I had my NT scan today.  Won’t know the results until next week.  But I did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time — AMAZING.  And I got another pic of our nugget.  S/he was waving to me!! πŸ™‚

13 weeks

And here’s the photo I took of our dog with our announcement (which I will post on FB after our next appt on 10/23/12).

Post # 11
5479 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Luckygir15:  Thoughts & prayers dear, keep us posted πŸ™‚

@Mrs. Aardvark:  Welcome aboard the baby train!  I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

@MrsKoz:  I’m loving all the dog pictures!  I would have liked to use our dogs in our announcement, but we have three, two of them are great danes.  The likelihood of getting them all in the same space and remotely looking in the same direction is pretty slim.  Maybe we’ll give it a try before we go facebook public.  (Our families know, and most of our friends, but we haven’t said anything on fb yet)

Post # 12
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

I love the announcements!!! πŸ™‚ I have no idea how we’re going to do it yet – but I definitely plan on mentioning the IF side of things, in writing or otherwise. It’s been such a struggle to get to where we are now, it’s important other people know it.

I’m still not 100% sure on how I want to announce – but I still have 9 days to think it over! 

Post # 13
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m loving the dog picture announcements!

How far along? 13 weeks 2 days

Gender: Team green for us. I’m hoping for a boy and Darling Husband really wants a girl, but we’ll both be happy either way.

Total weight gain: At my appointment at 12 weeks I was +12lbs

Maternity clothes? One pair of capris I’ve been wearing. Going to buy some pants this weekend. Wore my belly band this week with my dress pants but I don’t really like it.

Stretch marks? Not yet

Belly button? Innie

Sleep: Still getting lots, going to bed early. I get up once a night to pee, but that is nothing new. I did this pre pregnancy quite a couple times a week.

Best moment this week (so far): Having an extra day off work to catch up on some sleep.

Worst moment this week (so far): Eating McDonald’s for dinner tonight because I was too lazy too cook.

Miss Anything? Wine

Cravings: Fresh fruit

Movement: Not yet

Classes? Plan on doing a birth class, but later on

Nursery progress? Nothing. We have discussed a theme but that is as far as it has gone

Names picked? We had them picked by the time we were ttc. Isaac David for a boy, Antoinette Joy for a girl

Struggles? Staying awake all day at work can be a tough one

Most worried about? Giving birth and having a healthy baby

Most excited about: First u/s next week!! Can’t wait to see this LO.

Post # 14
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Oh, and all you guys already past 12 weeks are making me super envious. This late-April due date is KILLER! πŸ˜‰

Post # 15
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MrsKoz:  We’re planning on doing a similar announcement on facebook with our golden. Such a cute idea πŸ™‚

Post # 16
170 posts
Blushing bee

@Luckygirl15 – Prayers and positive thoughts your way.

@DaneLady – I <3 Great Danes…they are gentle giants!  I usually use peanut butter to get my dog to cooperate.  Actually, I had to put pb on the sign she’s wearing for our announcement.  Works every time πŸ™‚

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors