(Closed) April 2013 Babies – Part 2

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 347
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  they have taken bets in the office here too!

Spent a lovely weekend at my parents house on the south coast. Mum took me shopping ๐Ÿ™‚ i have to admit i was a little short tempered this weekend and did end up upsetting my dad, which upset me and ended up in a blazing row and me storming out and driving home :S oops. i did wake up to a text from my dad this morning though saying how he understands my hormones are all over the place and that hes sorry for upseting me and he loves me! going to have to send my dad a nice present now i think!

im a litle late with the pictures, missed my 15 week one so will just wait till thursday for 16 weeks ( 4 months wow, gone so quick yet so slow at the same time)

Post # 348
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Congrats on {nearly} 4 months – that is wonderful news!!! 

I’ve been in a foul mood all day today. Crappy work stuff, and I’m SO over it. How long until Christmas again? I’m done.

Post # 349
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Welcome back and welcome to the new commenters on here!  And yay for another TEAM BLUE-er!!!

I was 15 weeks on Saturday.  And, for some reason I felt like I was back in my first trimester!  Saturday I was nauseas all afternoon and soooo tired.  Then, yesterday, I slept in till about 9 or so, then fell back asleep on the couch before noon!  So weird!!

Post # 350
5473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hey hey!  Welcome aboard/welcome back

View original reply
@Silveramos:,
View original reply
@ms.charming:, &
View original reply
@nikkialys:

Also adding on to the previous poll (too late to edit!) are Team Blue: MsCharming and Team Green: MrsAardvark!!

I’m excited to live vicariously through everyone finding out the gender since we aren’t!

Here is my 16 week pic:

I feel much bigger than I look.  I feel great though, not queasy at all anymore, and I’m only tired if I try and do too much in one day and don’t take a nap.  I’ve been feeling a few more ‘bumps & thumps’ as far as movement goes but no real KICKS yet.  I’m looking forward to feeling stronger movements and MrDane will be able to feel as well, but at the same time I’m enjoying NOT being too disturbed by a bunch of movement while I’m sleeping! 

Hope all the other April mamas are doing well and feeling better!

Post # 351
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Congratulations and welcome to the April mamas who’ve just joined the thread!

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Thanks for composing the list of Team Pink/Blue/Green. Yay for Team Green! My mum is coming along to the anatomy scan and I’m mildly terrified that she’s going to accidentally let the sex slip to us (her background is in medical imaging, so she knows exactly what she’s seeing on an u/s).

I’m super excited this morning, as I got to work and listened to my voicemails only to discover that I’ve been offered care with one of the midwifery practices in my city. I’ve been waitlisted since the day I got my BFP (I’ll be 16w tomorrow), so I’m thrilled to have gotten a space. We’re also meeting with a doula later this week, so we’ll have to decide if we want to go ahead with both the doula and the midwives, or just the midwives.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Post # 352
5473 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  It’s wonderful that you have that many options opening up for you early enough in your pregnancy that you have time to become comfortable with a provider ๐Ÿ™‚  Oh, and tell your mom to keep a lid on it! 

Post # 353
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We had our NT scan this morning (finally) and the doc said everything looked good – we won’t get blood work till later this week, but he told us not to worry.  I’m planning to finally bite the bullet and tell work tomorrow – ek so not looking forward to that – but figure it needs to happen before we blast it on FB.  

Everyone’s bump pictures look great! I still don’t have much of one so I haven’t taken any photos.  Maybe in the coming weeks ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 354
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

eugh been feeling so sick today. i bought some new maternity jeans yesteday which i have worn to work today but i think they need stretching out a bit because they feel a bit snug (like my others did when i first got them) and i think the pressure on my tummy is making me feel and be sick. Although they arent so tight that they are leaving a red mark or anything.

On the plus side got measured for a new bra on Saturday and WOW i feel so comfortable!

Post # 355
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Here’s my 15 week bump.  I blame the large size on the 3 pickles and a rice crispy treat I just ate…

Also, sorry it’s massive!

Post # 356
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Awww…look at all of these LOVELY bumps!!

Post # 357
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Everyone’s bumps are looking so good!

View original reply
@ms.charming:  That is a really cute announcement!

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I can’t believe it is 4 months already. When someone said that to me this weekend it took me a minute to catch up. I just keep thinking in weeks and never really think about the progress in months.

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  Hope it goes well telling work and I’m glad everything at your scan went good.

It felt like a little party happening in my uterus this morning. Lots of little bumps and nudges. It is such a strange feeling. DH was incredibly happy when I told him this after work today.

Post # 358
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Has anyone started purchasing maternity clothing? I have just a little. I went to Motherhood and bought three leggings, a few tops that are just a solid color so I can wear them more often without people noticing as much, and I also got a pair of jeans. I did get the belly band, but have not used it yet. 

I feel more comfortable in the maternity clothes, however I don’t want to spend a fortune on clothes so early so I am trying to make due with bigger clothes that I already have in my wardrobe.

What about everyone else?

Post # 359
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Silveramos:  I’ve been wearing maternity pants for about 3 weeks now. I bought one pair of dress pants and one pair of jeans. I wear pj pants and track pants around the house. I do have a few maternity shirts, but I am still wearing some of my bigger longer shirts. I don’t want to spend much on maternity clothes, they are so expensive. I’ve been keeping my eye out for second hand clothes but haven’t had too much luck, except for the few shirts. I didn’t like the belly band much.

Post # 360
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I feel bigger than I look, too. Still mostly normal belly for me. I think you look great!

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  Great news on getting a spot in the midwifery practice. Now you can rest easy!

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  Good news on your positive NT scan. Telling people was so great. ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  It’s amazing what a new bra did for my comfort, too. Gotta look after the girls.. all going well, they’ve got a lot of work to do in the coming months.

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  Gorgeous pic – and such a lovely bump. Rock it, mama!

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  Eeeee movement. Squee!

View original reply
@Silveramos:  I got a good pair of maternity jeans from Old Navy, but most of my other clothes right now are just elastic waisted ones. I’m not ‘bumpy’ enough for the maternity clothes to look right just yet – but I’m so excited for that time to come.

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  I found the belly band a bit uncomfortable. ๐Ÿ™

Post # 361
5473 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@Silveramos:  I picked up a few maternity pieces here and there, when I see a sale.  Old Navy had a fabulous sale going on a month or so ago, but their pants don’t fit my hips & rear so I ended up with a few shirts.  We have a Burlington Coat Factory (don’t be confused, it’s not just coats- they are like TJ Maxx or Marshalls or Ross) and I grabbed a few stretchy maternity tank tops for like $6 each.  I also have a few items from Target, and I hit the clearance rack at Kohls as well. 

I still wear regular shirts & sweaters, and one pair of jeans still fits fine and even buttons so I wear those sometimes too.  Lukcily, I’m in scrubs all day at work and I sit around the house in sweat pants so I haven’t needed a ton of outfits.

Oh, I heard mixed reviews on the belly band thing, so I just used a hair elastic through the button hole in my regular jeans so I could still zip them all the way up.

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors