(Closed) April 2013 babies, part 4!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 318
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@Sunchick19:  Awesome hubbies DEFINITELY make things better. I’m glad all is going well with you! xx

Post # 319
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Thanks, lady…we are definitely optimistic!!  You look fabulous and WARM, no frump πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  OMG, that accident sounds scary…so glad you’re better and both you and baby are doing well!!

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  I see nothing wrong with your mom planning your shower, my Mother-In-Law is planning one forus and my mom, grandmother, and aunts are planning another (different cities)…ENJOY!!  Congrats on completing registering, we haven’t even started…YIKES!!

View original reply
@Sunchick19:  Glad tha tbaby is growing well!!  Thanks for the list, love your insight!!

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  Looking fab, as always!!  Happy 21 weeks and 3 days to you (or 4 depending on the time there)!

View original reply
@mrsrangrang:  My due date moved up 3 days, from 4/21 to 4/18 at my 19 week appointment, I’m not too concerned she’ll make her arrival when she gets ready (but, I am still aiming for 4/14)

Post # 320
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

are heat pads ok to use? im having issues with my neck today. i cant move it at all as i have pinched a nerve and also my hip has given out on me. i read the back of the packet and it says no to use whilst pregnant. why might this be?

I do have a lavender wheat bag, but i read somewhere that lavender is a no no too. I might have to make awheat bag out of an old sock and uncooked rice.

ETA:

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  I have just read that you have been told to use a heat pack so it must be ok right?

Post # 321
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Heating pads are perfectly fine.  Just don’t put it right on your belly – don’t want to put your little one in a hot tub in there! πŸ™‚  I use my heating pad frequently for my back.

Post # 322
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  thank you. its one of those sticky ones. i might attach it to a scarf and wrap it round my neck. Im sat here at the moment with a plastic bottle filled with hot water on my neck as im at work!

Post # 323
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  Awww, I’m glad you get the week to recover and I hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear that baby’s kicking away in there though!

View original reply
@Sunchick19:  Thanks for the great list! Definitely helpful to us first-time mums!

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Looking good (and definitely not frumpy!).

View original reply
@mrsrangrang:  We’ve stuck with the same due date. My u/s have all been pretty spot on it terms of dating. My midwife said that she likes  to give first-time mums the benefit of the doubt and leave due dates a little later so as to buy us more time before anyone starts talking induction πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  You look adorable (as per usual)!

AFM, I’m 23w1d and in the last few days the baby has become a crazed maniac! Movements are now easily felt from the outside….except of course when DH tries to feel them. Seems I’m growing a stubborn baby who only wants to do things on his/her own terms! It’s crazy how much stronger the movements have become. Last night I was sitting on the couch with my phone resting on my belly. Every time baby kicked, my phone leapt a little off my stomach πŸ™‚

Post # 325
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  So jealous that you can feel the movement so much!  I can feel my little guy move here and there, but still not all the time.  And definitely not from the outside!  How awesome!!

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I so admire how active you’ve stayed throughout your pregnancy!  I wasn’t super active before, but am definitely feeling the need to be now.  I’m so stiff and achey and I think some sort of exercise would totally help.  But, I’m so tired by the time I get home from work I just want to veg out on the couch!

AFM,  I’m 22.5 weeks and finally feeling better!! I have a bit of a cough still, but nothing like it was.  Thank God!!  I’m not sleeping super well – I wake up every single night between 2 and 3 for no good reason.  Not even to pee.  I guess it’s just my body’s way of prepping me for middle of the night feedings.  I’m glad to report that I’m only up 9 lbs!  Woo hoo!!  That’s on my own scale at home.  First thing in the morning after I’ve peed and am totally naked.  As I’ve said – I don’t even look at the scale at the OB’s office.  I’m convinced doctor’s scales are always off anyway.  Couple that with my appointments being at the end of the day and what not, I just don’t trust that number.  πŸ™‚

Post # 326
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Good for you for hitting the gym! A had a hard time with motivation for awhile there, but now I can’t get enough! I’m not sure I’ve ever enjoyed working out as much as I’m enjoying it while pregnant. I can’t quite put my finger on why, but the three hours a week I’m doing crossfit are some of my favourite. I love it so much!

As for weight gain, as long as you’re taking care of your body and eating healthy it’s pretty much out of your control. I was up 17 lbs last week at my 22 week appointment, which my midwife was very happy with. She said she’s more concerned about women who don’t gain enough as opposed to those who gain too much (within reason, of course).

Post # 327
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I would say it is fine to use the heat. I’m using it on my neck and upper back as per my doctor. Just for 15 minutes at a time he told me. I think it would be ok for you to use it, it really does help.

Post # 328
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Week 24 ~ Where is the time going? And where did all this belly come from?

Post # 329
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@diva81esq:  Thanks lady! πŸ™‚ xxx How are you guys doing?

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I do lukewarm heat packs/hot water bottles, or wrap it in towels so the direct heat isn’t right on me or bub. 

Post # 330
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  So jealous of wiggly moving babies. Sometimes I wish our due date was at the beginning of the month!!!

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Lady, if you’re up 20lbs, you certainly CANNOT tell from your pictures. I never like to put numbers on things anyway, but I promise – it doesn’t look like it. Baby belly only! x

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  I’m with you! I weigh in on my home scales (first thing, nekkid) and don’t really take the dr numbers too seriously, since I’m always MORE there, and bloated, and sweaty, and fully clothed. 

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  Beautiful belly!!!

Post # 331
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

I have to have my Glucose Tolerance Test (the full one, yick) early .. coming up this Monday. It’s scheduled for when I’m 22 weeks, instead of the usual 28, since doctor P is concerned that I’ll have it thanks to the PCOS/borderline insulin resistance levels. That’s why he kept me on Metformin, too.

I’m supposed to have a carb-heavy diet this weekend, then fast from Sunday night before the full 3-hour test. He skipped the quicker one, since he wants to know my fasting levels too.

Anyone got any advice for me? 

Post # 332
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

NEWBIE here. Hello, everyone, and happy 2nd trimester to ya! πŸ˜€

Due date and gender: 4.11.13, BOY! πŸ™‚

What was your first baby purchase? 3/4D Ultrasound

Have you felt movement yet?  Has your partner? MOST DEF and ALL THE TIME!

What are you most insecure about? My juicy thighs, even though I secretly love them. I’m not used to having a layer of fat, but bring it on, baby! πŸ˜‰

What’s your best pregnancy moment, so far? Daddy talking to baby.

What are you most looking forward to this holiday season? A honeymoon/babymoon! πŸ™‚

For fun, tell us a cheesey joke: Okay, I have one that is applicable. Do you know what bootydo means? Her belly sticks out more than her booty do. πŸ˜‰

The topic ‘April 2013 babies, part 4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors