(Closed) April 2013 babies, part 4!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 333
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

View original reply
@ChocolateLime: ADORABLE belly and <3 the poncho! πŸ™‚ I took your advice and I’m lurking. Lol.

Post # 334
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@bohosioux:  YAY! welcome πŸ™‚ ou will soon go from Lurking to obsesively posting- or is that just me!! 

Post # 336
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Ugh, I have a nursery related vent.  Our nursery has a lot of odd walls (either taken up by closets, windows, or slanted ceilings), so instead of a book shelf, I was planning on hanging up picture ledges and just sitting the books in those.  I found some at Ikea that I love.  They’re exactly what I want and super cheap.  However, the nearest Ikea is 2.5 hours away and the stupid website won’t let you order online!  UGH!

Ok rant over.

View original reply
@bohosioux:  Welcome!

Post # 337
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hey everyone! I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that we closed on our house yesterday! I am so excited, we can finally start with the nursery, that is once we are all moved in πŸ™‚ We are planning on having the wood floors refinished and have a little painting done before we move. So hopefully right before xmas we will be in our new place. 

Also I am a teacher and I just came down with pink eye! I am heading to the doctor now to get drops. It’s not too bad, just annoying. 

Glad to see everyones bellys and nursery ideas! Welcome 

View original reply
bohosioux!

Post # 339
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

Thanks, everyone! Happy to be here. πŸ™‚

We have an ultrasound next Friday and another peek on our baby boy. Always a fun way to start the day!

Post # 340
2226 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I know right?!  Luckily, after venting on the gloriousness that is facebook, DH’s aunt messaged me and said she was in Charlotte (the closest Ikea) and she’d pick them up for me!  Hooray!! 

Post # 341
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  I plan on going to IKEA to get those same shelves for baby Koz’s room.  They are $10 each, right?  I have another option for you.  I looked at this shelf on Etsy before finding the ones at IKEA: http://www.etsy.com/listing/111137777/showcase-pictures-and-momentos-with-this

He will do custom orders.  So you can give him the dimensions of the IKEA shelves and he will quote a price for you with shipping.  There are a ton more options on Etsy, as well.  Search and I’m positive you’ll find what you want.

Oh, never mind…just saw your other post about DH’s Aunt picking them up for you. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@bohosioux:  WELCOME!

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  No advice since I haven’t ever had that test but wanted to say good luck.  I go for the 1 hour test next Friday.

AFM, DH and I are STILL debating about a name for baby Koz.  I have a name I’ve fallen in love with.  He isn’t on board.  And I’m very, very picky when it comes to boy names.  I want something not too traditional but also something not too out there.  And I want a name that has a nickname.  

And I ordered my baby shower invites this week and finalized the proof.  I’ve choosen a Sock Monkey theme.  I’m going to help my mom with the planning (decorating, etc) as much as possible since she’s not very good at that type of thing.  Love her to pieces and she is going to do a great job with planning the shower but she doesn’t understand the details and how important they are to me.  If I left it up to here she would have hand written invites and sent those out.  Which is fine, nothing against that, but I want printed invites that go with the theme. πŸ™‚

Post # 342
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Very cute! We havent even starting talking about a shower yet. I have started a registery on Amazon, but nothing else…..im sure I will get my butt in gear once we are in the house. One thing at a time. 

Post # 343
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Silveramos:  Congrats on the house.  I love wood floors; I refinished mine in the house I owned before moving in with DH.  

It does seem kind of early to start with the shower invites.  But I found out the lady that makes them is on vacation, and then DH and I are on vacation.  And we’ll have to send them out a few weeks in advance.  So I had to order them now so that we had them in time for all the vacations, etc.

Post # 344
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  Good luck on your GD test! I don’t have any advice, as I haven’t discussed GD testing yet – my midwife said that’s what we’ll talk about at my next appointment (26 weeks). Keep us posted πŸ™‚

View original reply
@bohosioux:  Congratulations and welcome!

View original reply
@Silveramos:  How exciting about the house. Congratulations to you and your DH!

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  A sock monkey theme is such a good idea and very cute. I love the invitations!

I’m a total nerd and ordered a Christmas themed maternity shirt a couple weeks ago on Etsy. It arrived today. I think I’m going to wear it to Christmas dinner πŸ™‚

And I remembered to snap a 23 week (well, technically 23w2d) belly shot before heading to the gym earlier this evening:

Post # 345
Bee
6472 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@bohosioux:  Welcome! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@DaneLady:  You are wonderful – thanks lady! I’ll be sure to drink a tonne. I’m loading up my Kindle as we speak, since I was told that I can’t get up/move around once the test starts. Eeep. I’m so nervous about failing. (Even though I’m sure I will!)

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  LAME. We have an Ikea here but it’s an hour away, and ALWAYS packed. I hate going there unless I have a plan in place to hit through things as we go. Last time nearly everything I wanted was out of stock – terrible. 

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Thanks for the good luck, lovely. I’m sure you’ll ace your 1-hour! I LOVE your invitations. So freaking cute. We’re thinking February for a shower, too. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  Oh I LOVE that Christmas shirt – so cute. Thanks for the good luck. I’ll be a guinea pig for you. πŸ™‚

Post # 346
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

i am so tired today, my eyes feel dry and scratchy, i just cant get to sleep at night.

Went out for dinner last night to catch up with the girls i used to work with and they forgot our roder so didnt get our food until 9:15pm by the time we had eaten and got home and into bed i had the worse indigestion and gas pains ever. I still have them this morning so i have been drinking milk to try and settle my tummy but i feel so …bleugh… i am never eating that late again!

Nosebleeds are also doing my head in. i hink my sinuses are blocked-oh the joys of pregnancy!

Post # 347
2226 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  I’ll keep the etsy seller in mind incase his Aunt can’t get them.  Yep, they’re only $10 apeice.  Well, the ones I’m getting are $15 cause I want the longer version.  But still soooo cheap!
Your shower invite is so super cute!!!!

The topic ‘April 2013 babies, part 4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors