(Closed) April 2013 babies, part 4!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 349
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@DaneLady:  We have fun weekend plans!!! we live in nyc so we are attending “Santacon” tomorrow (which is basically just a herd of people dressed as Santas & other holiday themed costumes). It’s almost like a bar crawl but not really. This is our third year attending. The first two years i was a reindeer & this year I am going as a pregnant elf.  DH is always Santa. It’s a lot of fun – although this year I will be totally sober so it may not be AS fun as the last 2 years.  

So has anybody been told that you can “see your pregnancy in your face?” Or asked if your having a girl bc they can tell by your face?  I’ve been getting this recently and I don’t think my face has changed. I keep assuming its because of my acne (which was equally bad pre-preggo) so this comment usually makes me feel kinda bad – like they are commenting on my pizza face. I did (just two days ago) start the olive & caster oil cleansing method (I think @chocolatelime recommended it?) and it was the SCARIEST thing ever to rub oil all over my face because I was sure I would have a zitsplosion BUT I didn’t & my skin feels great. Still pimply but that will take a while to clear up anyway. I feel like I’ve already tried every acne remedy and can’t control it without bcp and dermatologist prescriptions. I think after the baby is born I may try to see a naturopath doctor for my acne. 

Post # 350
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

Anybody else effected by severe INSOMNIA and still getting occasional nausea? I get it everytime I drink juice now, particularly OJ. The insomnia kicked in a couple of weeks ago and has been keeping me up until 4-5 am or later. I am a total zombie.. 

Post # 351
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  I hope your test goes well. 3 hours seems like such a long time, I hope you have a good book to read, or something to occupy yourself.

View original reply
@bohosioux:  Welcome!

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  I’m glad someone is able to pick up the shelves for you. It is silly that they won’t let you order them online. 

View original reply
@Silveramos:  Congrats on closing, it will be nice to be all settled in before LO comes. Hope your eye gets better quickly. Pink eye is definitly no fun at all.

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Such cute invites. I love the theme for your shower.

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  That is a cute Christmas shirt.

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I find my sinuses plugging up at night quite frequently when I lay down for bed. This causes me to snore and drives DH nuts.

View original reply
@lilbear:  That sounds like a fun weekend!

This weekend I will just be relaxing some more. I’m hoping to make some butter tarts and I need to get my Christmas packages in the mail today. I’m heading off to my doctor this afternoon to get checked again and see when I can go back to work.

Post # 353
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

View original reply
@DaneLady: I’m not sure what it’s from because I don’t get nauseous from actual fruit, oranges included. Strange..it is definitely nausea and oj can ruin my morning. Luckily, apple juice doesn’t seem to have any negative side effects. I still get up to pee, but I feel so alert at night that I’m already awake to slip out of bed. Last night, I was working on wedding vows. Lol. I do not recommend writing your vows while pregnant. Thanks to a lovely amp of hormones, I was crying away! πŸ™‚ 

I cannot understand what must be going on inside the heads of any shooters, particularly those knowingly killing defenseless children. Such a tragedy.

Post # 354
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@lilbear:  That is so rude tha tpeople have said that to you!  Why do people think that just b/c you’re pregnant that you’re open to any sort of comment they’d like to say?  Let me know how the oil cleansing works for  you.  I love it and my skin has never felt better.  Even on the days I’m lazy and don’t wash my face before bed it still holds up.

OMG I have the coverage on the news at work about the shooting and it makes me want to cry.  It’s just so so so unbelievably sad and devestating.  There are no words.

Post # 355
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@DaneLady:  I didn’t make the invites; I bought them off Etsy from seller Lullaby Loo.  I am the opposite of crafty so I prefer to purchase items from those who are. πŸ™‚

And yes, completely sickened over the CT shooting.  I just heard about it a couple hours ago since I was working all day and not connected to the news.  Such a horrible tragedy; I hope I never have to deal with anything like that ever in my life!

Post # 356
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

I was a mess at work today after finding out about the shooting… I had to stop reading about it. I had a really hard time keeping it together. It made me want to just keep my baby inside, kangaroo style until they are 30! I just keep thinking about those poor parents. How do you even begin to rebuild your life after something like that? 

Post # 357
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

As a teacher, today’s shooting news was heartbreaking. Those poor babies, and the staff and families that also were involved. It’s just too much.

We bought a Steelcraft Agile pram today (got a great Christmas bargain down here!) and I was really excited about that… until the lady at the store asked if I was having a girl. I said yes, and she said I looked very ROUND and girlish. She then went on to say that she gained weight all over her legs and butt with a girl, so watch out. o_0 I felt like telling her that I had a fat butt before pregnancy, thankyouverymuch.

Post # 358
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Oh.. and we just put an order in for our crib set! πŸ™‚ After seeing lots of white in person today, we changed our minds and stuck to basic timber in walnut. πŸ™‚

This package comes with the crib, mattress, change table + mat & chest of drawers. So excited for it to arrive – before Christmas if we’re lucky.

Post # 359
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

i was reading about the shooting last night- so sad. how can someone do that to children.

How do i get rid of the smell of paint. we painnted the nursery last sunday and it still smells of paint. Mr B hadnt been opening the window in their so i have been making sure i open them every day and have been burning candles in their but its still got a paint smell. Its only waterbased emulsion so shouldnt still smell.

Post # 360
164 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@DaneLady:  lol I am dreading the ass not fitting in pants issue myself. I already have a lot of “junk in the trunk” so I’m sure mine is going to grow too – since its already one of my body’s favorite places to store fat. In that situation I always like to blame the clothes dryer for “shrinking” my pants πŸ˜‰ denial can be a beautiful thing. 

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  oops I gave credit to the wrong girl!! Sorry! So far I am a fan of the oil wash. I just have to give it more time to see if it will actually clear up my acne. I definitely love that it is inexpensive AND all natural. I’m becoming more of a hippy in my older age and I am always looking for more natural options. About a year ago I switched to the “no poo” movement and stopped shampooing my hair every day. I now only shampoo it once a week and it has never been shinier or healthier than it is now. You basically train your scalp to stop producing so much oil. You do go through a grungy few weeks while your body adjusts but you can shampoo with baking soda to get through that period of time. 

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  We just had our crib set delivered yesterday and it looks exactly like your crib! Man you have good taste in furniture! πŸ™‚

Post # 361
164 posts
Blushing bee

Here is the nursery bedding set that we registered for. Our crib & nursery furniture will have an espresso finish. So excited to get decorating!

Post # 362
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@lilbear:  have you seen the wall stickers that match this set?#

The topic ‘April 2013 babies, part 4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors