(Closed) April 2013 babies, part 4!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 363
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  yes I did & we are registered for that too!  It is so cute! One of my favorite things about this set is that there are a bazillion accessory pieces so we can go crazy girlying up the place! it will probably make her hate the color pink once she is a teenager lol!

Post # 364
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

i love it! i was looking at the decal but thought it might be a little too much pink in it  for a neutral room

Post # 365
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I was doing okay holding it together over the Connecticut shooting. Of course I was shocked and devastated by the news, but I was managing….until this morning when I read a cousin’s post on FB about her young daughter’s reaction and I totally lost it.

As I lay in bed crying, I couldn’t stop thinking about all that we do to protect our babies from the moment we get that BFP when they’re only the size of a poppy seed. And we go through pregnancy worrying about doing everything right. And then they are born and as much as we want to protect them and as much as it will be our instinct to do anything and everything we can to keep them safe….we won’t always be able to.

My mum has always said that having children is like have your heart walk around outside your body, and I think I’m starting to have the smallest understanding of what she means by that.

Post # 366
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  That is a nice nursery set. That will be so exciting to get it.

View original reply
@lilbear:  That is such a cute nursery set.

I keep looking at nursery things but can’t make up my mind on what I really want to do. My sister and cousin are throwing me a shower in January when I go home for a visit, so once I get back I will start seriously shopping. All I really know so far is I want white furniture and a seasame street theme.

Post # 367
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  I hear you. I’d do anything to protect this bub.. the world is a scary place.

Post # 368
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@lilbear:  Love the bedding set you choose!

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  The CT shooting is very scary.  It’s horrible that people don’t even feel safe sending their kids to school.  

DH and I stopped at Land of Nod this morning to look at glider rockers.  I really want the Luca Glider by Monte but I wanted to (1) sit in it to make sure it felt good to me and (2) determine, in person, if it was worth the cost ($1,600+ with ottoman, tax, and delivery).  It was amazing.  Although, since we still have plenty of time before baby boy arrives I am going to continue to look for other options that are similar and not so expensive.  But if I don’t find anything else then I am willing to pay the money for the Luca Glider.  Here is a photo it:

And here’s my weekly bump photo ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 369
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

24 weeks this week! Hubby has been working on the baby’s room for a while now and it’s really starting to come together. He installed crown molding, bead board, and a chair rail and is almost done painting. It’s looking great and I can’t wait to start decorating! I’ve been feeling great aside from the HORRIBLE acne that has taken over my chin and forehead. Not good. I’m thinking about trying the castor oil/olive oil concoction. I’m getting desperate. Loving all the kicks and punches from LO. This stage of pregnancy has been so much fun. Here’s my belly picture from this week.

Post # 370
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

Look at you guys all gorgeous at 24 weeks! ๐Ÿ™‚

I was obsessed with Land of Nod bedding (there is a lilac and white baby girl set I’m aching over) but it’s SO expensive & they wanted to charge me $100 to ship to Australia. No thanks!

Hubby agreed on our baby girl name over the weekend. I love that she’s named.

Well, the glucose test is over and I’m fine. Other than being bored out of my mind, it wasn’t too bad. I blogged about the whole thing {which you can read if you want the link} and… I have to wait for results now. I think I’ll be waiting for a while, because of the Christmas break. In other news, 22 weeks today!

Post # 371
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  That chair looks so cozy. Cute bump!

View original reply
@jodyblair: Looking good. I’m jelous that you can do your pictures outside.

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  That is exciting to have a name picked out. Glad to hear that the test went well.

Post # 372
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Has anyone else had Braxton Hicks yet?

Im not even sure if thats what it was but it was in my back which i thought only happened with real labour. I only had it the once and it felt like a really bad period cramp which took my breath away. Not sure if its normal to be in my back or not. Its been an hour and a half and i havent had it again.

Post # 373
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012 - St. Philip Catholic Church/Arcadia Brewing Co.

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I am not really sure if I have or not. I did have what felt like strong period cramps that started low in my belly and radiated up toward the top of my bump. I was a little concerned but they came and went so quickly (maybe a week or so ago, and not since) that I decided not to worry too much until it started happening again/more often

This weekend I went through my closet and drawers and packed up anything I couldn’t get on/zip. It was so refreshing! I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe that had just been hiding in my “none of that fits anymore” black hole of a closet. I figure this will also save me some heart ache of staring at my skinny jeans day after day after the baby arrives…. Instead I can just pick things out of the pre-baby box as they fit again. I also took the chance to donate things that hadn’t quite fit right since early college days so hopefully everything that goes into the box will come out at some point!

Post # 374
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@lilbear:  Love your bedding set.  Super cute!!!  I also have a friend doing the “no poo” thing.  She really likes it.  I still can’t quite go there just yet.  ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  Love your nursery set!! Super cute!!!  Glad everything went seemingly well at your test.  I’m sure you’ll pass with flying colors!!

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  LOVE that glider!! It looks so comfy!

View original reply
@jodyblair:  Looking good!!

So, DH got to feel the baby kick yesterday!!! He was sooooo excited!  We were laying in bed watching TV and I could feel the baby flipping and flopping all around in there.  I put my hands on my belly and could feel the whole belly jump.  I had him put his hands there but he couldn’t tell the difference b/w that and my breathing.  So, I laid on my side and put his hand there and a few minutes later we both felt a swift kick.  Me on the inside him on the outside.  The look on his face was fantastic.  I’m so glad he was able to feel some of the first external movements.  It was a great moment.
In other news, I have killer heartburn today.  Like KILLER.  I’m dying!!!

Post # 375
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  I love that chair! We are doing Gray and Baby Blue I think so I might need to look into that chair! Any runner ups you have found?

We are liking this for a nursery set – Then we plan to add baby blue in with our own touch and extra sets of sheets.

We also signed up for our childbirth class for Feb 2nd and our Childcare class for Mar 2nd.  I went to the Dr today and at my practice they rotate so I saw someone I had never seen prior and really like him – he talked to me about which classes were worth the money and time, etc.  He recommended skipping the breastfeeding class and just doing the childbirth and childcare if you felt you needed it.  I’ve was a nanny for years and grew up watching children but my husband had no sibblings and never he even held a baby until recently so we signed up ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 376
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi ladies! 

Its been forever since I’ve been on this board, its been soooooo crazy here.  I’m in school for nursing, and my last final was on Friday.  I’ve been studying like crazy and thankfully ended up with 3 A’s and 2 B’s (YAY!!!!)  DH was nice enough to come home with a horrible cold that he shared so for the last 3 weeks of school, I’ve also been fighting with this cold and trying to function.  It got to the point that I went into the doctor and got put on antibiotics for a week.  I’m just now starting to feel better.  

With all that, the fun baby stuff had to be put on hold for a while.  We did manage to squeeze in a shopping trip with the inlaws, who bought us a travel system as an early Christmas present.  We also had a Dr.’s appt. at 22 weeks, and everything looking good.  We are on track for our due date of April 12, and baby’s heartbeat and size is right on target.  

Its been fun catching up on all that everyones been up to, the nursery and bump pictures are awesome.  I’m looking forward to doing some of that in the next 2 weeks while I’m on break from school so hopefully I’ll be able to drop in here more often too.

Post # 377
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  I was *this* close to buying that grey and white neutral set – great taste!!!!

The topic ‘April 2013 babies, part 4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors