(Closed) April 2013 Babies, Part 5!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 257
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  My DH is NOT interested in watching any videos.  Right now the most he’ll do is let me read him little sections of info about what giving birth might be like.  He tends to be pretty squemish though, so I think he’s trying to avoid getting overly freaked out ahead of time.  As long as he’s there the day of for me, I’m letting him decide how how much he wants to know.

I had my glucose test (the short one) on Thursday and didn’t pass. The worst part was that the nurse told me that I only failed it by 2 points, which means its very unlikely I’ll fail the long test/have GD.  BUT I still have to fast and go do the 3 hour test.  I’d be way less irritated about it if I had failed the first one by a lot.  They also told me to limit the water I drink before the long test, and I’m not looking forward to it.  I’ve always had a really hard time with blood draws- my veins are small enough that its super hard to find them unless I’m really really really well hydrated.  So limiting water intake pretty much guarentees that they’ll have to try several times to find a vein/get the blood they need.  

On a happier note, our nursery is soooo close to being done.  I still need to get and hang curtains, and I want to find a nice rug for the space.  But the crib, changing table and glider are all set up.  We got a huge bag of baby clothes from a family friend and they are all washed and put away, baby monitor is all set up.  There will be little things to add as we get closer, my shower isn’t until next month, and thats when I’ll be getting a lot of the little things like baby shampoo and washclothes etc.  Its a relief to have it this far along though because I started classes Wednesday, and being a full time student is keeping me very busy.  

I’m starting to get really antsy about meeting our little boy. It seems so much more real now then it did a few months ago!

Post # 258
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

Hello, hello, my busy little mama bees. Today was a beautiful day. Not because of the weather, unfortunately, but because we got to see our little boy!! He had super chubby cheeks and wouldn’t wake up for anything. The tech and I were rubbing him, bumping him..nothing. He would give a little stretch and keep on snoozing. πŸ™‚ I was happy to see him so peacefully and to learn that he doesn’t wake easily, which is a very good thing when I have two other little ones running around. He is measuring almost 2 weeks early, which I have had my eye on throughout this pregnancy. I actually thought I was pregnant long before it was confirmed. So, here we are, possibly delivering as soon as APRIL 1ST, according to the ultrasound but not being changed in my charts. Our little boy will either grace us early or he will be a big ol’ chubby bubby and present himself on or around the 11th. <3

No more cramps for me and I am feeling swell. Baby is head down and content. Glucose test next Friday. Wish me luck! πŸ™‚

+/- 27 Weeks

Post # 259
Bee
6472 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@bohosioux:  Oh he’s just beautiful! Those cheeks! I die! πŸ™‚

Post # 260
1412 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@jaguar: Thanks! So exciting to see them, finally, even if just in 3d! πŸ™‚

Post # 261
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@bohosioux:  So cool to see the 3d image. It really makes the baby real. 

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  I like the color a bit more too! Although both dresses look great with yoru bump πŸ™‚ I haven’t even thought about watching videos. I wonder if my DH would be interested. Maybe I should watch one too!

Lately, I have been getting cramps at the bottom of my rib cage. Kind of under my boob and at the top of my belly. In order for the cramp to go away I have to stand up or reach one arm over my head to elongate my torso.  Along with that I have also had back pain in the same area. Is anyone else feeling this? It seems to happen when I am sitting for awhile. 

We have purchased paint for the nursery, hurray for progress! Still need to finalize which crib we want and buy, along with figuring out a dresser/changing table and chair. Those are the three items that I feel we need, anything else will just be for decoration. I love Where the Wild Things Are so I did order this from etsy: 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/114274523/kids-poster-where-the-wild-things-are?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=where+the+wild+things+are&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all

I feel like I am HUGE now and I know we are only going to be getting bigger and bigger each week. I will be 27 weeks tomorrow here are my 26 wk photos: 

Post # 262
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to update you all, that I got a BFP last week and am now due September 19th!

It was hard going through the miscariage in October, and knowing I would be due in April along with you girls, but I’m over the moon to be pregnant again!!!!

Hope all is well! I couldn’t bring myself to read this board for the LONGEST time, but I’m feeling great now and wicked excited!

Post # 263
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@Luckygir15:  That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you. Big congratulations and lots of prayers for a sticky baby this time πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Silveramos:  You’re looking fantastic. I love the poster! How did people decorate nurseries in the pre-Etsy era?!

View original reply
@bohosioux:  What a cutie. It’s so cool how they look like real babies (well, because they are, I suppose!) now and no longer like little aliens! What a beautiful bump.

View original reply
@jaguar:  Glad to hear that baby is growing well. Have fun at your u/s tomorrow. Post pics if you can!

My DH deserves mega kudos for the fact that he spent the entire day yesterday painting the nursery. He just has to do the second coat on two more walls today and the painting will be done. I really, really recommend the Bridesmaid or Best Man Natura line of paint. It’s super high quality and provides really good coverage with zero VOCs…we’ve been super impressed.

Hard to get good photos of the new colour, because it’s quite overcast today, but here’s the colour before and after (the after is Bridesmaid or Best Man Trout Gray). It’s showing up more blue in the photo than it actually is. It’s a dark grey:

And here’s my completed inspiration board/plan for the room. The background is the paint colour. I am so excited to see it all come together!

Post # 264
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hey ladies, it’s been a while since I’ve checked in but I’m so glad to see all of the wonderful updates, the BFP (wonderful news), chubby cheeks, nurseries…I’ve missed y’all!!

Things on my end have been SO hevtic, but exciting since the New Year…I am 26 weeks today and within the past 2 weeks I can tell LO has grown, she is a Tae-Bo champion (always kicking and punching)!!  DH and I found the perfect home and we are scheduled to close on Valentines Day.  We settled on our daughter’s first AND middle names.  Our first shower is this coming Sunday.

Glucose test this Tuesday and perinatologist visit (and sonogram) is Thursday (I can’t wait to see my beanie, again!)

I hope to be back more frequently, be blessed y’all!!

Post # 265
1412 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Luckygir15: So happy for you! Congratulations and keep us posted. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@hergreenapples: Thank you and what an adorable nursery! Keep up the amazing work.

Post # 266
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@bohosioux:  Aww thanks! Will do!

Post # 267
Bee
6472 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

We had our 26 week 3D scan today!

Baby girl was hiding & constantly face down. Once again, we had to go for a walk and down some sugary drinks to try and encourage her to move!

When she DID finally move, she had her hands & her feet (!!) in front of her face the entire time. No full frontal lovely face shots, but still some pretty sweet ones. She also flipped us the bird as we were finishing up, which I’m assuming means we’re done with scans now. πŸ˜‰

Three pics below – tried to resize, but apologies if they come out big. 

Hands up near face.

Feet! Almost in her mouth!

Licking her hands!

Post # 268
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@Luckygir15:  CONGRATS!!! I am so so happy for you! 

View original reply
@bohosioux:  You and I are in the same boat with the big boys!  Mine always measures big as well.  Here’s hoping they take pity on their poor mommas and come a bit early! 

View original reply
@jaguar:  She is just beautiful!!!

View original reply
@nikkialys:  I was completely annoyed as well that I failed the screen by 6 stinking points and had to do the long test.  My hospital did let me drink water the whole 3 hours though, which was greatly appreciated!  Good luck with it!!

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  Love the mood board for your nursery!  It’s going to look fantastic!

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Your Fiance is such a good sport watching those videos!  We’re taking a labor and delivery class, so I’ll be interested to see how DH responds to the video Im sure we will watch in that class.

AFM – hello third trimester!  I’m a little freaked out that I’m in the home stretch.  I do not feel ready in the slightest!  i don’t have a peditrician, I haven’t even begun to look at daycares.  My nursery is less than half done and our poor little guy has some clothes, but not nearly enough.  I know I have 13 more weeks (or less), but I’m still starting to feel a bit freaked out!  Anyone else?

Post # 271
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@DaneLady:  love the mask picture. The paint colour will tone down. Our green looked really bright to start with but has definately mellowed now. 

View original reply
@Luckygir15:  oh wow congratulations!! Hoping all goes well for you his time around, im sure it will.

As of yesterday i hav ebeen having terible shooting pains in my neck shoulder region especially when i take a deep breath in. I find myself breathing more shallow and sleeping was almost impossible.

Im thinking its just a pinched nerve however Mr Google says pleurisy!!  dont think my chest hurts when i breath in though, just my neck) Its pretty hard to isolate where the pain in coming from which also makes me think its a nerve. When i cough my neck is super painful.

ETA: Went to see baby charlie last night (fiances cousins baby) hes only 5 days old, he was so cute but is nocternal apparently!!

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies, Part 5!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors