(Closed) April 2013 Babies- part 6!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 138
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Still weekending over here! Obviously we don’t have President’s Day in Canada, but in my province we have a fairly new holiday called Family Day. I so needed it this week!

Weekend has been good so far…..I’m almost afraid to type it because I don’t want to jinx it, but baby flipped again (while I was watching my belly…that was some crazy action!) on Saturday afternoon. I can’t tell exactly where the head is, but I know it’s no longer right above my belly button and I’ve been feeling a good deal of pressure, so hoping it’s down close to my pelvis. I’ve been doing everything I can (squatting, sitting on the birth ball etc.) to make baby want to stay head down. Fingers crossed!

In a fit of insomnia I bought the drapery fabric for the nursery at 5 a.m. this morning;

And bought this giraffe lamp (with which I am now thoroughly obsessed…I seriously Facetimed both my parents just to show them the lamp) yesterday:

I think our plan for today is to do nothing. We might go to the movies…I guess that would require me to change out of my PJs though!

Hope most of you have the day off as well!

Post # 140
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hey everyone! I am also still “weekending” enjoying my presidents day off. I feel like a lot has happened since I last checked in. We finished painting our nursery, bought a dresses/changing table, put together our crib, hung curtains,and framed some art for the walls. 

We have completed all of our classes that I had signed us up for, Baby Care Basics, Breastfeeding Intro, and Labor and Delivery (crash course). I felt that they all three helped a little, but nothing was profound. Although my DH learned a lot (since he doesn’t seem to read up on anything about the pregnancy) I am still unsure if I want to have a natrual birth or go with the epidural. I like the idea of being able to move and get into different birthing positions throughout the delivery process and having an epidural would limit that (make it nonexistant). I haven’t studied about different pain management techniques yet, and really have only heard of the Bradly Method. I am not sure if it is something that I should look into seriously or not. 

We also had our first baby shower yesterday. My sister was the host and she did a great job! We felt so loved and happy to have friends and family be apart of our special time in our lives. Since we just moved into a new house in December, we decided to have the shower here. That way people could see out new place and celebrate the baby.

For my 32 WEEK (!!) photo i posed in front of some decor for the shower. I kept the pic in color this week. Also, here is a photo of the nursery: 

Post # 143
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Have you had any Braxton-Hicks contractions yet?

I think that I have had a few, but not consistantly.

Have you started having cervical checks yet?

Not yet.  

Do you have any stretch marks?

Thankfully, not yet. I am nervous about the last 8 weeks though. That is a long time to grow.

Do you have an innie or outie (pre-pregnancy) and what do you have now?

I had an innie, now it is flat. A flattie. 

Do you have a Linea Negra?

The linea negra is starting to show. It is more prominant below my belly button, but it is also beginning to show above my belly button too. 

Any random/strange/odd cravings?

I too like carbs and dairy. With that I also love to put Frank’s hot sauce on the cheese and carbs. I have also been eating a lot of cereal, usually as a snack.  

How are you sleeping?

I toss and turn throughout the night, but I am not really that uncomfortable, thankfully. I use a body pillow to spoon.

What is your most annoying pregnancy symptom?

Fatigue. I am tired all the time, and getting up off the couch can be sooo hard sometimes Wink  

What is your best pregnancy moment so far?

Now that we are past telling the family, feeling the first kick, finding out the gender..I think that having the shower yesterday was a great moment. Feeling the love from all the special people in our lives felt very special. 

Post # 144
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

I’ve had a few, but not regular at all. Went through a phase where I’d get a few BH the minute I stood up after peeing. Super weird. Things are quiet at the minute. 

No, and I haven’t asked about them. I don’t particularly want them, to be honest – not until labour has started, anyway.

YES. I had one, lone red welt – it’s now several, and I see lots of wrinkles forming under the biggest part of my tummy. I’ll be tiger-striped for sure at the end.

I had a REALLY deep innie (always have) and it’s still in. πŸ™‚ 

Nope. I do have a really hairy belly now, though. 

I just want food ALL THE TIME NOW. But then I get it, and I can’t fit it in. 

How are you sleeping?

Pretty average. The bathroom visits are no joke – every two hours without fail. I suppose it’s at least slightly preparing me for baby?

Annoying… painful? Well, I’d have to say the constant back ache/rib burning. I’ve been blessed with a healthy pregnancy so far, but this pain.. ack, it’s awful.

Still feeling (and occasionally seeing) baby girl move. I love her so much already.

Post # 145
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

None yet

No, and I haven’t asked when, maybe I’ll ask that when I’m there tomorrow.

Not yet, which surprises me with how much my belly has grown. But I won’t be surprised if I get some in the next 6 weeks.

Innie. It is mostly flat, but sometimes part sticks out.

Yes, up to my belly button.

I crave the sweat stuff. So I’ve been eating lots of fruit and trying to stay away from the candy.

How are you sleeping?

Most nights not so great. I find it hard to get into a comfortable position and stay that way.

The lower back and hip pain.

Seeing how excited DH gets when he is bonding with the belly. It has been the best a couple times when he has come to bed after I’m almost asleep and he will rub my belly and get some alone time with the baby moving around.

Post # 146
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Nope, none yet.

No, my midwives don’t do cervical checks until you’re in active labour.

Some small red marks on my hips and a small stretch mark I had on my lower abdomen from puberty has gotten red at either end, but that’s it so far. Using Bio Oil liberally followed by cocoa butter every day.

Innie before and still. It’s still pretty deep.

I have a slightly more noticeable one below my belly button and above my belly button it’s very faint.

Not really. And even my insane need for citrus has been waning.

How are you sleeping?

Not bad – could be worse. My hips are still burning a little but I find a pre-bed stretch and sometimes a middle-of-the-night stretch helps with that. Baby is a maniac between 3:30 and 4:30 each morning, but I can usually get a pretty good sleep after that.

Acne on my back and chest – my face has cleared up. Otherwise I still feel pretty normal πŸ™‚

I was pretty excited the other day when I saw the baby flip back into a head down position…….let’s just hope he/she stays that way this time!

Post # 147
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

A few here and there, but nothing major.  I tend to get them when I have to pee.  Weird

Nope.  I think it may be too earl still

Ugh, yes below my belly button and spreading to my hips. They’re gross.  I’m trying not to freak out about them especially after all I went through to get pregnant.  But, they’re still gross and make me feel really self conscious about them.

It was a really deep innie.  It’s still an innie now, but it’s stretching sideways which is strange.

I have a light one below my belloy button that’s blending in quite nicely with my stretch marks.

Not really.  Mostly comfort food.  And I’ve noticed that I’ve become a picky eater, which I have never been before.  Unless something sounds really good right in the moment, I have no interest in it.

How are you sleeping?
Not great.  I can’t get comfortable or stay comfortable.  And, of course, there’s the waking up several times to pee.

Right now it’s the swollen hands and feet and cankles.  It’s really cute.  My fingers feel so puffy that they’re actually sore in the morning.

Watching DH feel the baby move.  He gets so excited about it, it’s quite possibly the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

Post # 148
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I have been MIA lately – but glad to see everyone is doing well!

I don’t think so… 

No, at 35 weeks I will. 

Nope

Had a innie and still do

Nope

Lot’s and lot’s of sweets when I normally crave salty things.  

How are you sleeping?

Still sleeping okay – up to pee, and some nights I have some hip pain/burning but nothing awful.  

I have this awful pain at the top left of my stomach (right below the boobs) that gets worse when I sit or stand for long periods of time.  So work is unbearable since I sit all day.

Shopping with my mom for baby.  It’s nice to see her excited about him. 

Post # 149
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

You bet!

Nope and I am glad! My midwives don’t check your cervix until you believe you are in labor or go beyond your due date. 

Nope, but sometimes it’s hard to tell since I can’t exactly see under my belly. Lol.

Innie before kids, flattie now. πŸ™‚

No.

Fortunately, no, but right now some blue corn chicken enchiladas sound fantastic!

How are you sleeping?

I’m extremely comfortable, but my mind is restless, so sometimes I have a hard time falling and staying asleep.

Moisture in the knickers. :/

3D ultrasound! <3

Post # 150
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Everyone is looking really good. I can’t believe how close April really is. My DH is very excited for our LO to be here, he said he can’t wait to hold and cuddle our baby.

Today I went to the OB and everything is going great. I got to have a quick ultrasound as he was having a hard time determining the position of the baby. It has moved and is head down! That made me very happy. That should be my last look at the baby before it is here. I go back in two weeks and that will be my first internal exam as the end nears.

Post # 151
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

yep get them every now and again.. theymake my belly pop out, hubby gets weirded out when i show him… but i think its just funny.. but can be uncomortable… 

nope, not until 39wks i think.. and they do a strech and sweep or somthing?? or i might have that wrong.. but thank goodness not yet.. 

Ergh! yes. I had my appendix out when i was 10 and the scar has fused the skin to my muscle, so i only have stretch marks on that side, where it pulls. looks weird!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™ i hope they dont get bigger..

an innie pre and stil have an innie.. not sure if it will pop out..

nope. nothing..

just want milk.. 

How are you sleeping?

like crap!!! and it doesnt help that DH has started to sleep walk.. it wkes me up and i have to get up and put him back to bed..  and the kraken doesnt like me to sleep on my right side, which is annoying cause its my favourite pos. and then getting up to pee. oh and insomnia.. itsgreat! 

foot under my rib all.the.time. :/ it hurts, i cant sit on our lounge properly and have to sit on th floor so i can lean comfortably on my side.. 

having DH rub cream on my belly and knowing its not going to be too much longer!!

Post # 152
170 posts
Blushing bee

I don’t think so but maybe.  If I have then they haven’t been painful.  But I do notice my tummy tightening every once in a while.  But nothing consistant. 

Not yet.  They will start in 2.5 weeks. 

Not from pregnancy but I do from when I used to weigh over 200 lbs (eek!)…glad those days are gone! 

Innie pre-pregnancy and still an innie.  But I can see that my belly button is getting much shallower so there is a chance I could have an outie before Baby Boy arrives. 

Nope. 

Nothing out of the ordinary. 

How are you sleeping?

Not the greatest.  Up a multiple times per night and 1/2 the time I can’t fall back asleep for an hour or more.  Just this morning I woke up at 4:30AM and couldn’t fall back asleep. 

Definitely the lack of sleep.  Not far behind is the also the back pain and the difficulty putting on my shoes. 

By far…feeling Baby Boy move and wiggle in my tummy.  And seeing him on the ultrasounds. πŸ™‚

I’ve still been super busy and haven’t had a lot of time to post (although I have been trying to keep up with reading your posts).  I had my baby shower on the 9th and Baby Boy got a TON of stuff – he’s definitely spoiled!  I’ve been trying to get everything that he got put away before my work baby shower on March 1st.  Weekend have been so jam packed lately and I’m really looking forward to mid-March when things settle down a bit.  I really want to relax those last couple of weekes before baby arrives.  DH and I still have not agreed on a name and that is causing me some (ok, a lot) of stress.  Hopefully we can come to a mutual decision soon.

Here is my 33 week bump (didn’t take a 32 week bump photo):

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies- part 6!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors