(Closed) April 2013 Babies- part 6!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 288
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
@jaguar:  thanks love! Fingers cans toes crossed that the pee check comes back a-ok!!

View original reply
@bohosioux:  I am planning on attempting to breast feed. But I’m not going to beat myself up if it doesn’t work. We have a Fisher Price Rock n Play sleeper for him in our room. His nursery is upstairs and our room is downstairs, so he will stay in our room until he’s sleeping through the night so I don’t have to climb the stairs in the middle of the night. 

Post # 289
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@bohosioux:  Not so much hungry but definitely tired.  Although, I do find that I go from not hungry at all to super starving.  DH and I will be using a bassinet for the first months for Baby Boy.  When I’m ready I will move him into his room.  I’m hoping that will be around 2 months old.  

View original reply
@Silveramos:  Love the ruler!!

View original reply
@jaguar:  Sorry to hear about your scare and stay in the hospital.  But very happy to know that your baby girl is doing well.

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  
View original reply
@DaneLady:  
View original reply
@jaguar: Gorgeous bumps, Ladies!   

I did some more work on the nursery this past weekend and got the pack ‘n play put together (that is where Baby Boy will sleep on the main floor and we’ll do diaper changes).  I still want to add some things to the nursery and make a couple changes but for the most part it is ready!

Post # 290
170 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  Love the wall with the paw prints – adorable!

Post # 291
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  Your nursery looks complete! We still need to hang a few things on the walls and put a few more things away (read:figure out where all of it is going to go!). 

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  It is so exciting that you will see your LO so soon! I hope that you are able to enjoy yourself as much as possible while on bed rest. 

View original reply
@bohosioux:  I am planning on using the Rock n Play as her place to sleep in our bedroom for the first few weeks/months. I have never seen those hammocks but they look very cute and comfy. 

Post # 292
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Last weekend I had photos taken. I am lucky enough to have my mom as a professional photographer. It was a casual day and we just had fun. I feel pretty big in the photos (and I still have 4+ weeks to go). Anyway, I thought I would share a few of my favorites from the day:

Post # 293
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@DaneLady:  Sounds like a really good shower. Getting the practical things is good and gender neutral too if you have another one and it is the opposite sex you can reuse most of it.

View original reply
@Candy_Nee:  Your looking great. I can’t believe your little guy is going to be here so soon. That will be so exciting to meet him.

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  Glad you are able to eat some real foods. I like the sounds of your cosy corner, that is a great idea. I wish we had room for something like that.

View original reply
@bohosioux:  I’ve never seen those hammocks before. What a great idea. We are going to have the baby sleep in our room for the first couple months in a basinet. We haven’t figured out for how long, we’ll just see how it goes.

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  The paw prints are awesome! I hope you have good test results.

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  The nursery is looking really good.

View original reply
@Silveramos:  What great pictures!

I was very excited today that our stroller came in that my coworkers bought for me. Now to just get DH to take it out of the box. All we need is the carseat wich should be here by mid next week.

Got a call from my OB today as I had gone for bloodwork after my appointment Friday. He is not too happy with my thyroid function as it is not really improving, so he is refering me to another doctor to hopefully get things straightened out. It is someone in the clinic I go to, so I just have to wait for a call for an appointment.

I am also planning on breastfeeding as long as it will work out. I’m hoping it does, but I’m going to try and not be super disappointed if it doesn’t.

Tomorrow is 37 weeks! I can not believe how fast things are moving along. I am ready any time now.

Post # 295
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Just checking in after this morning’s ultrasound to say that baby, as suspected, has flipped back to head down…YAY! Baby is not yet engaged and is posterior, but there’s still time for both of those to change, just glad to hear that we don’t have a breech baby on our hands anymore 🙂

Measuring 36w5d (I’m 36w1d) and approximately 6lbs4oz with a lot of hair!

Post # 296
2226 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  loyou love love your nursery!!

View original reply
@DaneLady:  yours too!!!!!

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  so glad baby is head down!!

Post # 297
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Everybody’s nurseries all look great! Ours is almost complete, we just need to unpack a few more things from the baby shower and then all we need is the baby!!! 

Is anyone else worrying about dealing with family once the baby is born? My parents can be VERY overbearing and I’m so nervous about how to handle them when I’m in labor and when we come home from the hospital. I only want DH with me for labor. I really don’t want any visitors at the hospital until after the baby is born – and knowing that my mom is pacing around the waiting room will totally stress me out.  (Also DH’s mom just emailed me for “the exact address of the hospital” I’m delivering at!) I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings but I don’t know if that can possibly be avoided. By all means they can visit the hospital once the baby is born, I just want privacy during the actual labor & delivery. 

Also, once the baby is born, DH & I want 1 week without overnight guest so we can adjust to our new family of three. My parents live 1.5 hrs away and always insist on sleeping over when they visit. My mom was very critical of my sister (who is an AMAZING PARENT) when she had her children and was upset that my sister didn’t cook for & entertain them enough when they visited (she was taking care of her week old newborn!) so I feel like again they will really stress me out! Anyone else going through this or have any advice?

Post # 298
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Everyone’s nurseries look so wonderful! Our crib and dresser get delivered Friday, so we can begin finally putting the room together.

View original reply
@Silveramos:  beautiful pictures!

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  hooray for head-down baby!

View original reply
@MrsApple414:  love the paw prints!

View original reply
@MrsKoz:  May I ask where you got the bedding? I am also an owl fan. 🙂

View original reply
@Mrs.RDV:  Fingers crossed the thyroid issues are easily controlled.

Post # 299
2226 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Silveramos:  gorgeous pics!!

View original reply
@lilbear:  were going through this with DH’s parents. Since im being induced, we’ve said they can come to the hospital during labor, but no one can be in the room during delivery (including my mom who is coming in from TN). then when he told them we wanted to be alone for a bit after delivery to take in the first moments as a family of three, his mom freaking cried! She said the same thing happened when her other daughter in law had a baby and its cause she’s the mother in law. Ugh!! we weren’t even alone when we conceived, give us a few damn minutes to enjoy that time! He also told them that they can’t just come over without calling and she got all pissy about it and kept asking why. How about its our house and we said so! 

So I totally get what you’re going through. All I can say is be upfront with them about your expectations and stick to your guns. This time is stressful enough without having to worry about family crap. We always say to be our own advocates at the doctor, we have to do it with family too!

Post # 300
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@lilbear:  I say the way you handle this sets the stage for future interactions. So be firm about what you want and need w/r/t alone and bonding time with the baby. Be very clear about your expectations – don’t hint, tell them straight up what you guys need.

Post # 301
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@lilbear:  My advice, which echoes that which I received from my midwife and the doula who led our prenatal classes, is don’t tell them you’re in labour. L&D is difficult enough without the added pressure of knowing there are people waiting for you in the waiting room. We’ve been completely up front with our parents that we will call them after the baby’s born and that they are welcome to come visit after we’ve had time for skin-to-skin bonding and establishing breastfeeding.

Insofar as what to do once you’re back home, I think you need to set boundaries now. Explain that you won’t be hosting anyone, as you will be recovering physically and working hard on bonding with your new family. This is not a time to be a hostess or to have to entertain. Provide specific hours when people can come visit and ask for the help you need: ask visitors to hold the baby while you shower, throw in a load of laundry or bring a meal.Honestly, I know we all like to please our parents, but this is not a time to be concerned about that!

Frankly, if they don’t like it, that’s just tough 🙂

Post # 302
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@DaneLady:  The nursery looks really good. If you have a bunch of disposables that were gifted to you, might as well use them up first. We are going to do disposables for the first few weeks and then do cloth. I already have a good stash, there are lots of good deals if you take the time to look around online.

View original reply
@hergreenapples:  Good to hear that baby is head down! What a cute profile picture.

View original reply
@lilbear:  I was going to say the same thing as
View original reply
@hergreenapples: regarding not telling anyone you are in labour. This is what we are doing, except for my mom as we are hoping she will be there. As for everyone else they can find out once the baby is here and we feel up to having other people around. Our new little families are the main focus.

AFM, my doctor sure meant business when he was putting in a referal to an internalist. This morning at work I received a call saying they were fitting me in at 2pm. So off I went. I got to answer a million questions. She basically said that my thyroid could be all whacky these past months just because of pregnancy or there could be something else going on. So I got sent for a bunch of bloodwork and given a new prescription. As well, I have to go for bloodwork every 4 weeks from today for a couple of months at least until my thyroid levels out again. She also said that it doesn’t look to be affecting the baby as it has been growing normally throughought my pregnancy, so that was good to hear. I guess I will find out more next week.

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies- part 6!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors