(Closed) April 2013 Babies

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 287
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the love and support. It’s been helpful to know I’m not alone. πŸ™‚ The midwife doesn’t want to meet with me for another 2 weeks–seems like a long time to wait for an appt. No?

I will continue to see how you girls are doing!

And hoping for a BFP within the next few months!!

Post # 288
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

So I took my first weekly photo yesterday (I am 10 weeks now).  Not sure if what I’m seeing is a baby bump, bloat, or just belly fat – seeing how I feel like I’m eating all the time, I’m sure it’s just a roll – ha ha!!

When do people normally start showing???

I’ll try to post the picture tonight to show you guys the layout I’m going to use each month.

Post # 289
5473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Ashley1001:  I’m 10 weeks today as well, and my stomach is definitely not as flat as it was πŸ™  I was marathon training (running 25-30 miles/week) & lifting weights 2x a week and now that has obviously come to a halt!  I’ve also been eating more pasta & potatoes than I normally would.  I think I’m getting a little soft in the middle, for sure- but I also think that maybe my body is hanging onto fat more than it used to in preparation for pregnancy/delivery.  That’s my theory anyway, it makes me feel less like a lazy terd and more like a mom in training!

ETA: I have also only gained one pound…so I’m not gaining weight, but the weight I have is definitely distributed differently (if that makes any sense)

Post # 290
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

Hi ladies – we just got back from a weeklong  vacation so I am just catching up now!.  I have been so unbelievably tired – yesterday my husband asked if I wanted to take a nap while he took our son out to the playground.  I was so grateful  – and hormonal?- I felt like crying πŸ™‚ I am also thirsty all the time.  I can’t get enough.  The hunger has subsided and been replaced by round the clock queasiness. ugh i forgot how unpleasan the first trimester was.

I see my OB Thursday for an US – hope to get a good strong heartbeat then.

View original reply
@ash:  I am so sad to hear this πŸ™   I have many good friends who have gone through this devastating ordeal – but the good news is that they are now the proud mamas of beautiful babies who came quickly after.  I wish you the same.

View original reply
@Ashley1001:  I think at this point any “showing” is probably bloat πŸ™  I think the uterus is still in the pelvis at this point and comes up somewhere around the second trimester. but don’t quote me on that πŸ™‚  good luck with your pics! I don’t have that kind of devotion

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  so happy to hear your appointment went well!

Post # 291
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hey ladies, I hope your week has started well!!

I attended a conference today and had hardly any nausea or mouthwatering…kept PLENTY of snacks in a lunch bag πŸ™‚

Tomorrow the hubs and I are going to our first U/S for dating and anatomy, according to my numbers i will be 7w6d…we’ll also get some counseling and bloodwork to determine whether I’ll have to begin Lovenox injections. Nervous and anxious, praying to see a strong and healthy heartbeat!!  Eeeeeeeeee!!

Smooches and blessings!!

Post # 292
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@ash:  I am so very sorry.

View original reply
@diva81esq:  Diva, best wishas for a strong heartbeat!

Post # 293
347 posts
Helper bee

Ok ladies – here is the layout I plan on using each week.  I normally hold my stomach in… so I really had to concentrate on taking a picture totally relaxed.

@diva81esq – Hope you have a great appointment tomorrow!

Post # 294
108 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Ashley1001:  Love the layout you’ve been using! I’ve been taking weekly pictures but I can’t figure out what I want to do with them yet. How did you design that?

I finally broke down last night and ordered a doppler. I’m driving myself crazy wondering if everything is sitll ok in there and I really think being able to listen to the heartbeat will give me some piece of mind. If only I could order an ultrasound machine online too πŸ™‚

Post # 295
347 posts
Helper bee

@jodyblair  I just designed it in photoshop.  If you want to use it, or something like it (I can change colors), I can send you the file.

Um – I saw those dopplers online and alsmost bought one!  You have to tell us how it is!!

Post # 296
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

My friend is due April 6th… I think I’ll stalk this board. (-:

Post # 297
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@Ashley1001:  I love your layout! Gorgeous 10 weeks bump. πŸ™‚

I am kind of sad to admit that I am terrified of taking bump pictures. I’m a bigger girl to begin with, and I’m scared of just looking fat through this whole pregnancy. 

Post # 298
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Had my first midwife appointment yesterday. She is so lovely. Took 3 viles of blood for testing and did a urine sample which was all clear- no protein or sugars detected.

Filled out all my paperwork and got my blue folder to take away with me. They took a detailed family history and came to the conclusion that although i am low risk of clotting right now by sickness has put me a a slightly higher risk which will be monitored.

I have been told that she will keep a close eye on my mental state for signs of prenatal depression due my my history of anorexia and depression and gave me a leaflet for my Fiance to read.

Im now 9 weeks and 5 days.

Symptoms are slight cramping and twinges – is anyone else getting these?

nausea and vomiting

food adversions

slight dehydration from the vomiting

2 more weeks till my Nuchal Scan

Post # 299
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hey April Mamas!!

Our first ultrasound was amazing!!  We saw Baby Esquire and s/he was dated at 8 weeks and 2 days…so, my due date is now 4/21/13!  The heartbeat was strong at 160bpm and I can’t wait to see our LO again!! We scheduled our NT scan for Columbus Day…counting the days!!

Good news is that the Dr wants to hold off on determining whether I’ll need Lovenox injections, but I am taking low dose aspirin until then πŸ™‚

Today was absolutely AMAZING!!  Smooches and blessings to you ALL!!

Post # 300
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@ChocolateLime:  You’re so close to the magical double digits. Yay! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@diva81esq:  Such exciting news! Our due dates are very close (22nd for me) – so glad all looks good.

I feel big and bloaty and huge today. (Only 8 weeks+2 days)

Post # 301
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper

Also, I’m starting this week (8 – well, 8.5!) to take belly pics, even though I’m plus sized. I know it’s mostly all my regular belly, but I can see a bit of shape shifting happening!

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors