(Closed) April 2013 Babies

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 482
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@ChocolateLime:  Yay! That is wonderful news. So glad to hear all went well!!

Post # 483
170 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Ladies!!  I haven’t posted in awhile but I’m been stalking the thread ๐Ÿ™‚  Everyone seems to be doing great — I’m loving all the photos of the scans and bellies!

I am 13 weeks today…YAY for the 2nd trimester!!!  I also have 2 appts this afternoon; my regular appt at the OB (where I really hope to hear the heartbeat today) and then my NT scan after that.  Cannot wait to see our little nugget on the ultrasound screen again.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

How far along? 13 weeks

Total weight gain: +3 lbs

Maternity clothes? Not yet but that’s only because I have a few pairs of ‘fat’ pants from when I weighed 20+ lbs more.  I’ll be buying some maternity clothes next weekend.

Stretch marks? Nope

Belly button? Innie

Sleep: Not the greatest; I wake up at least once, usually twice, to go to the bathroom

Best moment this week (so far): Will be today when I get to hear nuggets heartbeat and see his/her little face

Worst moment this week (so far): Feeling bloated

Miss Anything? Wine

Cravings: Nothing yet

Movement: Nothing yet

Classes? I’ll think about that in the future

Nursery progress? Been thinking about it but haven’t done anything yet

Names picked? Boy – Brayden Michael or Brandon Thomas, Girl – Elleana Harper or Giuliana Alyse

Milestones? SECOND TRIMESTER

Struggles? Getting bigger…body image issues from being 75+ lbs heavier at one time in my life

Most worried about? Making sure nugget is healthy

Most excited about:  My appts this afternoon

Post # 484
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@ChocolateLime:  Glad to know everything went well, and you LO – AWWWWW!!

How far along? 10 weeks 5 days

Gender: Darling Husband wants a boy, I dreamt that I met our baby girl…but am still SO unsure because of all the myths!!

Total weight gain: +5 lbs

Maternity clothes? Not yet growing back into my “bigger” clothes, that’s one benefit of losing 70+ lbs…I still hadn’t donated half of my wardrobe!!

Stretch marks? No more than I already had *hmph*

Belly button? In

Sleep:  Still trying to get comfy not sleeping on my belly…I wakeup 1-2 x’s a ngiht to go to the bathroom 

Best moment this week (so far):  Talking with my dad and him telling me to be careful where I walk and to watch my surroundings because my whole family is invested in our LO!!  He’s so wonderful, my parents and family really couldn’t be more loving, supportive, and excited about our LO!!  It’s the worst kept secret, EVER!!  LOL!!

Worst moment this week (so far): Demolishing a big bag of Lays in 4 days….they are so addictive, you CAN’T eat just one!!  Oh, I love the crispy saltiness…*le sigh*

Miss Anything? Margarita and mimosas

Cravings: Salty, yet sweet snacks and CARBS!!  I’ve eaten grits (yes, I am souther, LOL) almost everyday for the past three weeks and I could eat a sandwich for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

Movement: Nothing yet

Classes? None yet

Nursery progress? We’ve planned both for either gender, Darling Husband still thinks my designs are “busy”…then I showed him standard nursery sets, he had nothing else to say, LOL!!

Names picked? Yes, we’ve settled on our boy name and are still decidng on the spelling of the girl first name

Milestones? Counting down til our NT and the end of our 1st Trimester

Struggles? Getting bigger and not letting my eating get out of control…like others I’ve lost 70+ lbs, previously 135 (gained back95 of that)…I want to make healthy choices, but when carbs have been the enemy for so long, trying to reintroduce them without going overboard is frightening at times

Most worried about? Making it out of our first trimester, that Baby Esquire is developing well…particularly his/her eyes and optic nerves (In addition to my auto-immune issues, I am legally blind)

Most excited about:  My coming appointments and seeing how much bigger our LO has gotten…oh, and sharing the news with our group of friends (over 30 of us) when we spend our annual weekend together, just as our 1st Trimester ends!!  I’ll be the only sober one, so I hope no ones guesses before we can announce it!!

Post # 486
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

So, we announced the big baby news on FB last night.  I originally felt compelled to mention our struggles with infertility (aside: I feel like it has a stigma, like it’s something to be ashamed of and it shouldn’t be, so I wanted to bring it out into the open and maybe help someone who may be struggling as well.  end aside), but Darling Husband really wanted to include our dogs.  So, I let him win with the announcement, but will still mention the infertility.  We got so many comments about how cute it was, so I thought I’d share.  Yes, we’re the crazy dog people who consider our pets our first and second child…

Post # 487
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@MrsKoz:  Glad to “see” you and CONGRATS on making it to your 2nd Trimester!!

Post # 488
1675 posts
Bumble bee

I’ll play!

How far along? 12w3d

Gender: No idea! Darling Husband says boy, but my dad insists girl.

Total weight gain: +5 lbs

Maternity clothes? Nope. Wore my Bella Band for the first time yesterday and am wearing my regular jeans today (but these are jeans that I accidentally bought a size too big….this is the first time I’ve been able to wear them without a belt!).

Stretch marks? Nope

Belly button? Innie

Sleep: SO much better! I think I must have had some hormonal sleep issue up until this week, because I was falling asleep fine, but was honestly waking up 10-20 times a night. It was terrible. Now I’m getting amazing sleeps – such a relief!

Best moment this week (so far): Our first u/s on Monday when we got to see our baby for the first time and found out everything was measuring normally!

Worst moment this week (so far): I had a few waves of nausea again yesterday ๐Ÿ™

Miss Anything? Not really. I did have a tiny sip of DH’s beer last night because it just looked so cold and frosty.

Cravings: Fruit (all kinds), homeade soup, mac and cheese (haven’t indulged this craving yet).

Movement: Too early.

Classes? Still waiting to hear back from the midwifery practices in my city…..whether I get in with a midwife or have to go with an OB will probably determine what sort of classes we take.

Nursery progress? I have a Pinterest board for it, but that’s as far as it’s gotten at this point.

Names picked? Yes, we’ve had our names picked since before we conceived. No, we’re not sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Milestones? Finding out there’s an actual baby in there!

Struggles? I feel like I’m at that point where I don’t look at all pregnant, but I do look like I’ve eaten a few too many donuts.

Most worried about? Having a healthy baby

Most excited about:  Our 18 week u/s; getting an actual baby bump in the coming weeks.

Post # 489
23592 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hey ladies! Since this thread is quickly approaching the 500 post mark, would someone like to start a new thread and flag this one to be closed when you do?  Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 490
347 posts
Helper bee

Ok ladies – I’ve start part 2 for April 2013 Babies!!    Here

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors