(Closed) APRIL 2013 BRIDES!! How are you feeling?

posted 8 years ago in April 2013
Post # 32
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I am starting to get stressed out!!  Invites went out last Saturday and I am getting texts all day saying how much everyone likes them!  Very excited about that!    Just had my first dress fitting on Monday that was awesome!  So excited.  My biggest drama right now is the amount of motel rooms available.  I am getting married in a very small town and we have already booked the entire motel in the neighboring town and filled the other motel close by and this was even before the invited went out!!!  Things are starting to come together it justs seems like everytime I turn around something else needs to be done!

Post # 33
2375 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@NavyBride16:  did u only just put your invites out? we did in Dec – a bit eager maybe lol. oh well!

Post # 34
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@RiverBride13:  ugh my rsvps are due in 5 days and I have only gotten just under half back. It is like everyone is waiting until last minute. I think that may be my biggest stressor right now is really having no clue what our final head count will be since there are still so many rsvps out there 🙁

Post # 35
1123 posts
Bumble bee

I’m April too, even though it says March, it wouldn’t let me change it.

I’m feeling as great as I can be considering we have to change our venue and just found out Tuesday. Invitations are already out so woops.

Lots to do but still lots already done.

Getting close ladies! Soon we will be a MRS

Post # 36
331 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@nearlymarriedlass:  We did.  We planned on 6 weeks out.  We sent Save the Dates out in November with the hotel information on them. 

Post # 37
3 posts
Wannabee

I am felling thankful for my wedding planner, but still super stressed! Between thank you cards, parties, menus, budgtes, etc I feel like Im about to pull my hair out! (I should also mention we have invited 750 people and I have had 8 showers) I know how hard I have judged other weddings I have attended so I am so worried I will disapoint myself! Im glad to see there are so many others of you that are feeling like me though! Let’s all say a quick prayer for no rain for all the wedding dates in April!!

Post # 38
445 posts
Helper bee

I’m definitely starting to feel stressed out. I’m picking up our invite envelopes today from the calligrapher and I want to try and have them sent out by Monday, but my bachelorette party is also this weekend so we’ll see what happens!! I’m starting to really feel the sting of my bank account slowly emptying too. 🙁 My wedding shower is the 16th and I’m having a hard time finding a dress. Sorry I’m so rambly, that’s what happens at 2 am to me!!!

Post # 39
56 posts
Worker bee

My veil arrived in the mail and it became real! I’m super excited.

We are having an elopment wedding with 5 friends to celebrate and holiday with us, so there isn’t much to organise. My vows are done, I have decided on my DIY make up, all I need to do is buy some earrings.

Post # 40
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Stressed! Yesterday I worked on our invites for 12 hours straight. I had no idea DIYing them was going to take so long! hopefully they will go out TODAY, 7 weeks before our wedding (Apr. 20). Is that reasonable? Our RSVP date is March 30. I am praying none of the invites get sent back to me, b/c it some of our Save the Dates did (wrong addresses), and the post office took FOREVER to do it! Just don’t want to sent second invites out, and too late to make the RSVP date.

I also tried to DIY our cake and our flowers. Realized this is not going to work out logistically, so I am calling a few family friends today who own a bakery and a florst co (out of their garage) to see if they can help!

The other big things are locking down our rentals and valet service.

and the rehearsal dinner

we also don’t have a place to live after the wedding (YET).

OK i just realized I should be a lot more stressed than I am!! AHHH!!

Post # 41
297 posts
Helper bee

excited and stressed! i started my period today and we are exactly 5 weeks out!!!!  Argh!  so now I’m not sure if I will get it again the week before or the DAY OF!!!!! OMG what if this is me???

Post # 42
297 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@kris325:  oh my goodness! what happened with your venue???? at least we live in an area where there are so many parks & beaches, if all else fails you can go that route!

Post # 43
196 posts
Blushing bee

A little anxcious. We met with the music minister at the church on Sunday to discuss entrance and exit music and from where we parked we could see the reception location. We are having out reception at a pre- Civil war home that belonged to an author here in Atlanta. It has a beautiful brick patio and all kinds of greenery that fowers during the spring… or so we thought. As of Sunday there is nothing but mud in the back… MUD!!!! I about had a panic attack! Our wedding 6 weeks away…. I hope it looks a lot better than! I have no idea what to expect.

Post # 44
5 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@prettypincushion:  Sorry for the delayed response! I am getting married at my church in Donelson and the reception is at the Noah Liff Opera Center..

Where is yours? 

Post # 45
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Mine was going to be at the Mcconnell House in Franklin, but as of last week it was cancelled. I am sure your wedding will be beautiful though!

Post # 46
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@prettypincushion:  I only got back 24 out of 80 something. We had to call the rest. Our total count is 170. Which is a little more than we expected, but we will manage. 🙂

The topic ‘APRIL 2013 BRIDES!! How are you feeling?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors