(Closed) April 2013 Brides – Timeline for shower and bachelorette parties

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
986 posts
Busy bee

My lovely Maid/Matron of Honor Cubbie is planning the bachelorette party/weekend (she’s flying up from FL) February 16th. My generous and equally lovely aunts are hosting a shower for me on March 23rd.

So excited about both! Though I admit, it’s a struggle because I want to know what’s going on and they won’t tell me, haha.

Post # 4
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I don’t think I am having a shower as for the bachlorette party my Maid/Matron of Honor is planning it and I feel like it will end up with us being drunk bar hopping in Nashville. As for the date I think we are planning like 3 weeks or so before the wedding so probably late march or very early april.

Post # 5
8453 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

We’re not doing showers or bachelor/bachelorette parties.  My girls are flying in from CA for the wedding (in NC); so instead, my Maid/Matron of Honor scheduled a series of dinners and drinks (just us girls!) at various gastropubs when I went to visit this past week.  It was a really fun, low key, series of get togethers.  We’re also doing a Save-the-Date party at the beginning of Nov.  The only other thing I plan on doing is having an afternoon tea with my girls the day before the wedding.

Post # 6
986 posts
Busy bee

@prettypincushion: Jealous! I wanted to go to Nash for it, but then when my Maid/Matron of Honor said she was flying in (she’s from FL) I was like okay, we’re home based. No way I would expect her to fly in then drive down there and back and fly home. 

Post # 7
1769 posts
Buzzing bee

I have no idea yet, it still seems so far off. Probably March.

Post # 8
676 posts
Busy bee

@Miss Otter:  Lol we wouldn’t be going to Nashville if I didn’t live ten min down the street from it lol and you should totally go, nothing like stumbling down broadway drunk off your ass lol

Post # 9
237 posts
Helper bee

Wedding January 26, 2013, Bridal shower and Bach party on the same day – November 24th. 

Post # 10
260 posts
Helper bee

I think the shower may be end of Feb or beginning of March. The weather is unpredictable in Pa. I’m thinking bachelorette party in March as well.

Post # 11
986 posts
Busy bee

@prettypincushion: And COUNTRY. CONCERTS. Haha, that was my main motivation. Thankfully I’ll be seeing Luke Bryan again in February, so I can get my live country fix in then 😉 

Post # 12
676 posts
Busy bee

@Miss Otter:  Lol I really hate country music but if you like it Nashville certainly is the place to be….I luckily know a few hole in the wall rock bars downtown. But I still think you should convince your girls to take you down here just make it a bachelorette road trip lol

Post # 13
2965 posts
Sugar bee

I just had my bridal shower October 13th. It was early because we just changed the wedding date less than a month before the shower and my mom had everything already in place for the shower so we went ahead and had it. I had an amazing time though I found out that I asked flakey BMs to be in it. None of my girls showed except 2 out of 6 and they were both my cousins. I was pissed about that but I didn’t let that ruin my day! I know the plans for my bachelorette party but we haven’t set a date yet. It’s going to be closer to the wedding.

Post # 14
10 posts
Newbee

Both the shower and the bachelorette party will are planned for the weekend of March 23-24.

Post # 15
445 posts
Helper bee

My mom is throwing our bridal shower on March 16th and my bachelorette party will probably be March 3rd.

Post # 16
1086 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My Maid/Matron of Honor lives in Michigan,, I live in South Carolina so that kinda puts a damper on things. I wont be having a shower. But we will be having a bachelorette party. Two BMs are in Florida the other in Michigan and one more in my home town. So we are waiting until the night before the wedding after the rehearsal dinner for the bachelorette party. So we can all be together

The topic ‘April 2013 Brides – Timeline for shower and bachelorette parties’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors