(Closed) April 2013 Brides – What have you done so far?

posted 5 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

For centerpieces I am doing cylinder vases with about 2 inches of black river rocks in the bottom covered in water with a red led light hidden in them and a red rose pomander on top with a hanging crystal hanging from the bottom down into the vase. And I think I am going to wrap some decoratve ribbon around the top and bottom of the vase too.

Favors are a candy bar as well as individual candles in damask votives.

And the invitations are going out sometime this week

Post # 4
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m doing cherry blossom stems in long skinny vases, and I think I’m doing seed packets for favors.

Still don’t know about the invitations tho! Most people are out of town, but I also sent save the dates! Maybe beginning of Feb. for an April 27 wedding?

Post # 5
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

We sent our invitations yesterday so things are getting real!

Our centerpieces are ivory and light peach flowers with greenery in julep cups.  We might have a few tall arragements, depending on how the RSVPs come back and how many tables we have.

Favors will be pieces of cake in a to-go box.  Also doing a canvas Out of Town bag, so that’s sort of a favor.

Invites sent yesterday, RSVP date is March 6.

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee

I am getting more anxious than excited. But I AM looking forward to the honeymoon.

We are having purple and apple green wildflower-like blooms in mason jars hanging from the pews in the church that will also end up being our centre pieces. Our theme is a bit understated and country inspired.

That being said my fiance is Italian so our favors are two stemless wine glasses with a monogram, our names & wedding date inside an organza wine bag, also with green and purple personalized MnMs.

We are having over 250 people, and most of my side is out of town. We didn’t do save the dates so I sent out the invites just before Christmas and requested RSVPs by Feb 1st. With that many people, we really wanted a more concrete idea of a head count ASAP for our budget. We’ve gotten about a third of the responses so far.

I HIGHLY recommend something I found on pinterest, which is using a black light invisible ink marker to write on the back of response cards, the name of the guest you are sending it to. I saw it, but chose to pass on the extra effort. I just got back a response card which says Guests: 3. No names, no return address. Nothing. So I may have to have Mystery Guest 1, 2 & 3 on my seating plan until they can be identified. Lol.

Post # 7
1880 posts
Buzzing bee

1. NO IDEA. I am trying to find and hire a wedding planner because I’m so stuck on decorations. And we need a day-of coordinator anyway.

2. No favors… everyone can be satisfied with the food and drinks. And everyone I know just throws the favors out, anyway, unless they’re edible. I’ve started putting together gifts for everyone who has helped out though.

3. We’re planning on sending our invitations out between the beginning and middle of February (aiming on having them all out by Valentine’s Day). Our deadline for the final head count for the venue is March 20, so we are having the RSVP deadline be March 15, because then I have a few days to harrass people if they haven’t replied. I am concerned though because we are getting our Save-The-Date Cards and invites from this etsy seller, and she was SO slow on communicating for the Save-The-Date Cards – like it seriously took two months. But they’re the only ones my fiance liked. So I am trying to hurry her along with the invitations.

Post # 8
260 posts
Helper bee

Our centerpeices are glass dishes with lime slices attached to the glass, floating candles and rose petals/flowers surrounding them on the table. Our favors will be handmade soap (which we will be starting soon!) The main things we have left are booking the rehearsal, talking with the DJ and making favors. Invitations will be going out very soon too!!!.

Post # 9
134 posts
Blushing bee

@msvintage:  We are pretty much done with everything. We are doing very tall all white centerpieces with hanging crystals and candles. I will insert a picture of them. We are doing red wine bottles as favors (full size). We already sent our invites out two weeks ago and are getting back our rsvps!! Its a lot of fun!!!

Post # 10
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@JenniferD:  Your centerpieces are gorgeous. 

Also FINALLY booked our honeymoon…or minimoon rather. Either way it is finally booked and I am so freaking excited for it. Now to stop slacking and find a good seamstress so I can start setting up my fittings

Post # 13
8455 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@JenniferD:  Hey date twin!  I’m sure your guests are going to love your favors.  Very pretty centerpieces too!  It’s exciting to see all the wedding details coming together.

Post # 14
134 posts
Blushing bee

@msvintage:  We paid around $5000 for everything. So I guess the centerpieces were a little over two hundred each. I think it was very reasonable.

@housebee:  I cant wait!! We are almost there!! Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather!

The topic ‘April 2013 Brides – What have you done so far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors