(Closed) April 2013 Brides – When are you sending out STD’s?

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We have a lot of out of town guests … so I’m thinking maybe August at some stage? I’m not actually sure how soon you’re even supposed to send them out. 

Post # 4
1086 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I haven’t had them made up but I will be sending them out by the beginning of July at the latest. 90% of my guest list will be out of state so I have to get a move on it. I guess if most of your guest list is in town waiting about 6 months until the date would be reasonable but I don’t want to give anyone reason to not be there

Post # 5
156 posts
Blushing bee

I sent them out on Friday, but I’m getting married in Jamaica and my guests are scattered from Alaska to Australia.  I think 6 months would be good for a domestic wedding.

Post # 6
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

You should send them out as soon as you’ve signed a contract and secured your date with your venues. Unless you were more than a year away, you can’t give your guests too much warning to save the date. It’s not like an invitation, in which case sending it too early can cause people to set it aside and forget to RSVP on time.

Post # 7
360 posts
Helper bee

We’re doing a semi-destination wedding in Key West so we’re planning on mailing the Save the Dates sometime in June. Usually you send the Save the Dates about 6-8 months before the wedding.

Post # 8
97 posts
Worker bee

I am getting my e-pics done next month and will have all the Save-The-Date Cards mailed by July for an April 5th wedding 🙂 

Post # 9
198 posts
Blushing bee

We got our STD’s in the mail a few weeks ago – I’m thinking about sending the out of town ones at the end of July, but all of the rest in September ?? Not really sure yet, but I dont want to send them out too early…. then again I dont want to send them out too close to the invites also 🙂

Post # 10
573 posts
Busy bee

I’m sending our Save-The-Date Cards in September, then invites in January. The majority of our guests are in state, and the ones who aren’t already know our date anyway because I’m blogging about the planning process.

Post # 12
780 posts
Busy bee

We have already sent ours out.

Post # 13
1770 posts
Buzzing bee

We are having a destination wedding, so we sent them out about 2 weeks ago.

Post # 14
665 posts
Busy bee

We had joint Engagement party Thank you and Save the dates made. They arrived in the post yesterday and Im hoping to have them out by the weekend! Our wedding is not very far out of the City and few coming from out of town but I figured since we know the date we might as well share! 🙂 

Post # 15
315 posts
Helper bee

We’re planning on sending ours in August/September. We have quite a lot of local guests who are family, but our friends are scattered all over Australia. One of the lovely perks of marrying an airman! ha ha

The topic ‘April 2013 Brides – When are you sending out STD’s?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors