(Closed) april 2013 brides – when are you sending save the dates?

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
13014 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Well, I’m March 2013, but bumping for the April 2013 ladies and answering your question, too.

We’re sending save the dates in late July/early August.  Our wedding invovlves traveling for most of our guests, so we wanted to give them ample time to plan (although most guests know about the wedding already and the location).  We decided to do magnets, because I think they’re so fun!!

Post # 4
5242 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

My wedding is April 27th in my home town and a destination wedding a week after that so we will need to send out save the dates really soon as we have to let people know about the trip a year prior to it. I also have no idea about style, colour, or price but I guess it is something I should look into very soon.

Post # 5
2965 posts
Sugar bee

I am an April 2013 Bride, however, Im not sending out any Save-The-Date Cards. Our family lives around here so there is really no need. However, if you are doing a Destination Wedding I would say send the invites about a yr out but usually they are sent out no less than 6 mons out. 

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee

My fiance and I live in Chicago and are getting married in Sarasota, FL. This will require 90% of invitees to travel, so we are sending out the Save-The-Date Cards as soon as possible. I want to make sure that people who want to attend will have plenty of time to save money for the trip. We aren’t doing anything too crazy, but I don’t want people to feel left out.

Post # 8
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@katie395:  Im having a Destination Wedding so will be sending out the Save-The-Date Cards in a week or so….once they get written 🙂

Post # 9
198 posts
Blushing bee

We were not going to order save the dates – we really don’t need them as most of our guests are local… however we do have a few guests that had asked about them so I started looking around – I found a deal on vista print .com and got 100 STD with envelopes and only paid $25 with shipping… we don’t need anything too fancy and for that price I figured hey why not ?!?!

Post # 10
2965 posts
Sugar bee

I did end up getting some save the dates. I got tired of people constantly asking me when the date was (and my grandmother is also forgetful!). I found a deal on 123print.com. I got 100 StDs for 10.95 (and that included tax!)

Post # 11
297 posts
Helper bee

we ordered our save the dates from vista print and got them yesterday. i’m mailing them out on monday. Our wedding is during the peak spring break season here on the central gulf coast of florida. so our guests need to be able to get a head start on finding accommocations if they wanna stay longer than a few nights. 

Post # 12
2448 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We’re sending save the dates in August for our 4.6.13 wedding. Invites will go out in December, once we’ve nailed down everything for the wedding. 

Post # 13
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

As soon as I get my engagement photos (sometime in the next week or two), I am planning to mail my S.T.D cards in mid August for out of town guests and magnet cards to my traditional family members in September.  I also made a S.T.D. video that I will send to my closest friends and family only in September as well.

I got some great deals and had cards made from shutterfly.com that I used for backup in case I run out of the S.T.Ds.  But for my official engagement photos, I’m planning to use Wedding Paper Divas for the magnets and Minted for the cards.

Post # 15
1086 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Ours will be ready by Friday, I’m so excited. We will likely have them sent out in the next 3 weeks!!!!! Sooooo excited!!!!!!!

Post # 16
165 posts
Blushing bee

Probably send ours out early august. Gotmagnets from vista print for about $8.00 for 100Remember beer to count guest as couple not individuals when u order. 

The topic ‘april 2013 brides – when are you sending save the dates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors