(Closed) April 2013 wedding where to start!!!!!!!!

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Relaxing a bit.

No seriously, don’t stress.

And when things get tough repeat….

“this is our wedding, this is a party in celebration of our marriage. Not a beauty pagent, not a popularity contest. This is to celebrate our love. Nothing else”

Post # 4
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Hey there! I’m an April 2013 bride, too! I’m about one week before you! I don’t know how much you’ve found out about planning a wedding, but I’ve found that I have to be super meticulous about everything in order to save as much as we can.

At this point, we’ve only booked venue and found our photographer. We’re 90% sure about our guest list, and have 80% finalized our budget. Additionally, I’ve asked 7 out of 8 bridesmaids, and he has his list of 6, but hasn’t asked any. I’m a worry wart, so I like to do in-depth research on the costs of everything before I push the dollars around in the budget (I have to find out how much it’s going to cost to DIY flowers and stationery, rent chairs, tables, linens, sound systems, etc). The research on the small and/or non-essential items like that is just so I know how much I have to negotiate with my caterer, other less flexible vendors, etc.

I’ve done a lot of that sort of planning, but not a lot of booking/finalizing! Any other brides want to chime in on their planning schedules?

Post # 7
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I say try to get all of your big vendors out of the way, we haven’t worked all that much on decor.

But we have booked, venue, caterer, wedding planner,photographer,transportation.

I would hurry up and book all of the major vendors like that. While wedding seasons doesn’t start until May, you also have proms and other spring events to contend with. So you want to make sure all of those big vendors are booked right now.

The topic ‘April 2013 wedding where to start!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors