(Closed) April 2014 Babies Part 4 – Into the 2nd Trimester!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 677
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@OldMrsMcDonald:  My heart is breaking for you, I can’t even imagine getting this kind of news. 🙁  Sending all my prayers and thoughts to you and your husband.  *hugs*

Post # 678
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@OldMrsMcDonald:  praying for your family tonight…so sorry to hear the news

Post # 679
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@OldMrsMcDonald:  So sad to here this news. My thoughts are with you and your family.  I hope you and DH can find comfort in each other during this trying time.  Hugs and warm thoughts to you guys and your little one!

Post # 680
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@OldMrsMcDonald:  I don’t even know what to say. I am so, so sorry. I am incredibly sad to hear this news and wish there was something we could do. 🙁 I hope you and your husband can find the support you need through this, and that you can both practice some self-care (including sleep, which I’m sure you’re still missing out on). Lots of love and good thoughts your way, dear. 

Post # 681
2177 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Thanks again to everyone. Your support does make an impact.

We have decided to get a second opinion just to make sure we are making the right decisions. We don’t expect anything drastically different, but felt that more information can’t be hurtful. Unfortunately, the second opinion doctor won’t see me until after 19w, or thanksgiving.

I won’t give you the depressing details of what I’m feeling or thinking, other than I have never wanted to die before today. This is all such a cruel thing to deal with. My husband crying and feeling our baby girl move are the most devastating things ever.

To add insult to injury, leaving the hospital this afternoon, there was a mama and brand new baby girl in the lobby, all dressed and swaddled in pink, waiting to be picked up. I thought I was going to pass out from a broken heart right there and then.

Thank you again. Please keep sending us your positive vibes.

Post # 684
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Hi gang,

I failed the gestational diabetes screening (I had it at 18 weeks because of my age and family history), but passed the 3 hour test.  I know that’s the next hurdle for a lot of us – if anyone has any questions about it, let me know!

Post # 685
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@OldMrsMcDonald:  Hang in there.  Maybe it can still all work out for the best.

Post # 686
2177 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@irin997:  We were called in because my AFP levels were so high. We then had a 2 hour ultrasound, where the doctor measured every single thing he could. Based on even my cursory glances at the screen, you can clearly see there is a problem. Baby’s head and brain also measured nearly 2 weeks behind and have a lemon shape instead of round. The spine, in addition to being open, has a yet undiagnosed defect where it forms almost a z-shape, or looks like it has buckled.

We did have an amnio, but won’t have preliminary results until tomorrow, and final ones in about 10 days. The doctor and geneticist were pretty clear to say that the amnio results will only tell us if things are worse than we already suspect.

Post # 687
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@OldMrsMcDonald:  Oh love. I’m just so so so sorry. Maybe you can at least get more answers from the second doctor. Did you decide to name her and if so care to share so we can all personally send thoughts to her? Do you have anyone in real life to help support you both right now? I can’t even imagine what you are going through and just thinking about it makes my heart skip a beat. 

Post # 688
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@OldMrsMcDonald  I’m so so sorry for your news. Heartbreaking.  My thoughts are with you

Post # 689
2177 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  We haven’t had that conversation yet. On one hand, it seems easier to not name her, but on the other, she will always be our first child.

My husband is my main form of support right now. All of my close friends are scattered about the country, and my family lives about 1000 miles away as well. My mom and dad would come out, but they recently became full-time caregivers for my grandfather who has dementia after my grandmother was in a car accident. She is now in a full-time convalescent center for recovery from multiple serious injuries, so my grandfather needs someone with him around the clock.

My friends are supportive from afar and have offered anything we need– I just honestly don’t know what that is, and talking is almost physically impossible at this point, because I can’t make it far without descending into sobs. I’m mainly communicating via email and text, it’s easier to take my time and write than talk.

Post # 690
1440 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@JediAshley:  When do you receive the results of your Matern21 tests?

The topic ‘April 2014 Babies Part 4 – Into the 2nd Trimester!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors