(Closed) April 2014 Babies Part 4 – Into the 2nd Trimester!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 722
1440 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@JediAshley: so happy to hear!

View original reply
@ladeeeda:  what a fantastic picture! My anatomy photos were not great because she was moving around.

Post # 723
9800 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@ladeeeda:  Looks great!  I don’t think I could have avoided the gender if I wanted to.  Since I know what to look for, mine popped up on the screen right away and I could tell.  It was fairly obvious unless you don’t know what you’re looking for.  Do they try to hide it from you if you tell them you don’t want to know?

Post # 724
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@ladeeeda:  that picture is AMAZING!  was this at 20 weeks?

Post # 725
7643 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@ladeeeda:  Awesome photo 🙂

@JediAshley: Great news!!

Post # 727
7643 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@irin997:  Baby gave me a good roll yesterday, but that is the most its done. Otherwise I will feel little flutters, but it quits when I place my hand there. DH is really trying to feel and hear it too. So cute!!

Post # 728
4435 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@irin997:  babies are so tricky- they all immediately stop when someone other than mama tries to feel the kicks!

Post # 729
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@irin997:  I still have barely felt the baby move!  I’m so anxious to feel it for longer than just a second!

View original reply
@megz06:  I think our babies are similar… nothing but short flutters for me!

We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and everything looked ok!  The femur length was in the twentieth percentile, which seemed odd to me, especially since the head was in the 70th percentile, but the doctor seemed to think it wasn’t a problem.  We still decided to be team green, so no idea on the sex.  It was SO hard yesterday, but I’m with 

View original reply
@irin997: , hopefully it will be worth the wait!

Post # 730
7643 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@Subie:  Are your flutters really short? Like mine only last 3-4 seconds at the most. Sounds like you had a good appointment 🙂

Post # 731
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@Subie:  
View original reply
@megz06:  I haven’t felt any flutters for about 5 weeks now, and when I did they were short, 2-3 seconds.  Last week I felt like baby brushed up against the front of my tummy, but nothing since then (20 weeks today)…. I am so anxious to feel constant movement!

Does anyone else have placenta previa (low lying placenta), or have any prior experience with it?  I was told no sex, no traveling, no heavy lifting and to minimize as much stress as I can.  It can “fix” itself and move higher as the pregnancy progresses, it just made me nervous!  The bonus to it tho, is they have schedued another u/s for us at 27 weeks to check for any progress and we get to see babe again!  If it hasn’t moved up by 38 weeks, they will schedule a c-section.

Post # 732
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@rachiebabie:  my SIL had it and by 28 weeks it corrected itself and everything went fine. It’s really really rare for it to not correct itself. I wouldn’t worry to much right now.

Post # 733
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@awakemysoul: 
View original reply
@kes18: 
View original reply
@irin997: 
View original reply
@megz06: 
View original reply
@ANewMrs:  Thanks ladies!

View original reply
@ANewMrs– yep this was our 20 week!

View original reply
@kes18:Yes, they purposely tell you to look away when they are down in that area.  The tech never puts the gender in the report, so the doctors don’t know what it is either.  This way they won’t slip and tell you.

View original reply
@irin997: I know! I’m so excited to find out at the end!

Post # 734
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@rachiebabie:  I haven’t been diagnosed with low placenta yet, but I am worried about my risk for it.  The last doctor appointment I had they told me I have an anterior placenta which is why I can’t really feel much baby movement.  I have been reading on google that an anterior placenta isn’t really ideal.  I’m hoping it’s not low.  I think I will find out after Thanksgiving during my anatomy scan.

I am nervous and excited for the anatomy scan.  I want to see baby and find out if it’s a boy or girl.  I am nervous they will find something wrong with baby’s growth or my placenta.  Hoping everything turns out ok.

Post # 735
1440 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

What are you ladies doing for the crusty nipples? Think I should get nipple balm? I assume they make it for breast feeding mamas.

Post # 736
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@awakemysoul:  I got some nipple balm and it works wonders for my nipples. They get dry and itchy all the time and it really helps. 

So last night DH and I went out to a small pub we used to frequent a lot. We know the owner and haven’t seen him in a while so he waited on us. He couldn’t believe how ‘big’ I was. He asked how far along I was and when DH said 22 weeks, he was like “wow, I thought you were more like 28 or 29 weeks”. I made a small comment about being only 5 feet tall to laugh it off and thought it was done. Then through dinner he made comments like, “what can I get you? i know you must be hungry” and “I’m sure you want dessert, right?”. Then as we were leaving he again says, ‘I can’t believe how big you are, are you sure you’re only 22 weeks?’ Ugg it made me feel like crap. I was a size 14 pre-pregnancy and have always had weight issues. I have only gained 3 or 4 pounds, but my bump is all in front and is going strait out so it sticks out a lot. I know he is an old man and doesn’t understand pregnancy etiquette, but it still made me mad. 

The topic ‘April 2014 Babies Part 4 – Into the 2nd Trimester!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors