(Closed) April 2014 Babies Part 6…on our way to theThird Trimester …Yeah!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 423
4435 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@Sunshine1011:  Sending positive thoughts your way:)

View original reply
@quierajen:  Yes Cora has dropped for sure! My LO is still high- DS never dropped (my water never broke either!), so maybe that will be what happens this time as well.

View original reply
@megz06:  I will miss the kicks and movement for sure. This is my last pregnancy (2 kids is enough for us!), so it’s sad to think I have less than 8 weeks left in my life of being pregnant.

Post # 424
894 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

View original reply
@little_d:  My pregnancy thus far has been almost exactly the same as my mom’s pregnancy was with me. Short amount of manageable nausea that ended early on, really happy and loving being pregnant, sciatica pains in late pregnancy, lots of being tired. I’m curious to see if my labor is similar too. She had prodromal labor with me for 4ish weeks before she had me, i.e. actual contractions not just braxton hicks. She had one false labor at 34 weeks and then at 39 she woke up at 3am with contractions that she knew were different, slept off and on, went to the mall, and at about 7pm labor was getting hard, she went home and labored at home for two more hours, got to the hospital at 10pm and was 4cm. She went through transition at midnight and had me at 1:11 am, so 22 hours total of labor, but only 6 hard labor hours. I loved hearing this story! You guys should ask your mothers to tell you your labor stories too!

Post # 425
4435 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@quierajen:  That’s cool how closely your pregnancy mirrors your mom’s! My mom is only 4’11” and had 2 c-sections. The first left her with bad scar tissue and bleeding for over 9 months, and then I was almost born in the cab on the way to the hospital!  It was back in the day when they the doctors would keep feeding a pregnant woman until she went into labour (this was in Japan), so my mom said she was so stuffed and uncomfortable. I don’t want any of that stuff to happen to me!!

Post # 426
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I feel like I’m carrying low, so I don’t know what I’ll do when he drops! And he’s pretty active, so it feels like my bump looks different day to day.

Post # 427
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@megz06:  I’ve totally recorded a few videos of LO moving around. I figure she might find them funny when she’s 15. 

You guys are all looking right on track size wise. I’m getting nervous because I have only gained 15lbs total and no gain between my appt tomorrow and last time. Guess ill see what my doctor says. :/

Post # 428
894 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  I have recorded Cora moving too! So nice to have it once she’s earth side I’m sure 🙂

Post # 429
1440 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  I’ve actually lost weight the last few weeks.  So I’m only +12lbs. Granted I was plus size pre pregnancy. 

Post # 430
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My dad is still in the ICU. Thankfully they didnt intubate him, the cpap machine is doing enough. They said he cant get out of icu until his carbon dioxide levels are normal because with that you basically fall asleep and never wake up. I think what upsets me most is hes baby girls only grandpa and hes so close to meeting her! 

Post # 431
1732 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  Did the doctor tell you that you need to gain?  I think if you’re eating normally/nutritiously and averaging an upward trend, that’s ok.  I’ve only gained about 10 so far, but I’ve been advise to gain less than 20. 

And when in doubt, try Ensure! It’s not just for little old ladies!

Post # 432
9799 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@quierajen:  She does look low!  I feel like I’ve been carrying lower the whole time so I’ll be interested to see if it changes later on.

View original reply
@rachiebabie:  Lovely!

View original reply
@MrsMagillToBe:  You look great!  All belly for sure!

View original reply
@Mermaid1082:  You look great for 29 weeks! 

I want to think mine is head down most of the time but I can’t tell what parts are feet or hands that are stretching and moving around.  The only reason I guessed head down is because I think I feel hiccups that are always lower (never higher up), around the area I get ligament pain.  Of course I also thought she might have been sideways based on movement one day.  She still might be moving around quite a bit.  My OB still couldn’t tell at my last appointment, she just said as your uterus thins as you get further out so she should be able to feel and tell later on.

I’m up 25 lbs, I was just trying to stay under 35lbs so hopefully that will happen.  I don’t understand how my weight can fluctuate so much.  I looks like it jumped up 2 lbs in the last few days!  Maybe some of it is water weight fluctuation.

Post # 433
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Thanks for the responses guys! Got back from my appt and she confirmed I’m still small. DR said I went from 26-29w fundal height (on 28w and 31w visits). That shows LO is at least growing but if I’m behind at the next appt they are going to do an ultrasound. She said I am small and she wouldn’t expect me to have a huge baby but she wants to make sure she’s got enough fluid and isn’t restricted in growth. I was also instructed to try and drink and eat a bit more even if I don’t feel like it. Ugh. Now I’m going to stress for the next two weeks. At least I regularly feel her so there is some reassurance. I am really regretting my decision to not buy a Doppler now. Hmp. 

Post # 434
1732 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  What kind of things do you normally eat?  It might not hurt to add some higher calorie things that don’t add much volume.  Peanut butter, whole milk, nuts, avocado – that sort of thing.  And I wasn’t kidding about Ensure!  It’s got a lot of nutrients and calories, specifically for healthy weight gain.

View original reply
@kes18:  I only know my guy is head down from an ultrasound at 28 weeks, but the hiccups down low is a good indicator.  You usually feel them through the top of their head, oddly enough.  I feel hiccups really low, like he’s knocking on the exit door, if you know what I mean!  I feel kicks and punches and stretches all over.

Post # 435
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@MrsMagillToBe: super jealous of your bump, so adorable! & of your weather!!! Its extremely cold here with like 3 feet of snow on the ground. 

Post # 436
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@quierajen:  You have definitely dropped! My little one has dropped also. Well, either that or she just stretched out more because I still feel like I’m getting kicked in the ribs constantly as well as having a head sit on my bladder. I guess that’s what happens when you’re barely 5 ft tall.

As you guys know, I have been dealing with recurring BV during my pregnancy. Well, I have it again and just started taking my 5th round of antibiotics. It really sucks and my doctor tells me that I’m at a higher risk of preterm labor with each occurrence. They don’t want to put me on bed rest right now since my cervix is still tightly closed and I really don’t want to be on bed rest at all. The birthing center I’m supposed to be delivering at only takes women who are over 34 weeks pregnant and I can only do my planned waterbirth if I’m over 36 weeks pregnant, so I’m just praying I make it to full term. 

Post # 437
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MrsMath:  Sorry to hear the infection’s back 🙁 Fingers crossed baby will stay put and things will go as planned for you! 

ETA: Isn’t it crazy we’re now cruising through the 30-weeks? Where is the time going?

The topic ‘April 2014 Babies Part 6…on our way to theThird Trimester …Yeah!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors