(Closed) April 2014 Babies….. Part III!!!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 347
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@JediAshley:  I would check with the laws in your state whether being written up for pregnancy related absences is legal.  I would call your HR department and talk with them just to check.  

View original reply
@MrsMath:  That’s adorable your DH has your us pictures on his toolbox!  So cute!

View original reply
@jackieee:  Haha I was at work yesterday in a fitted (maternity) tank so it was big on me with my teeny belly.  Apparently my work pants hid it because I went out later in some khakis and it was unmistakeable that I’m either chubby in the belly or pg.  

I’m spilling the beans next Friday at work and on FB after our NT scan.  Can’t wait!  This secret is too hard to keep.  🙂

Post # 348
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@megz06:  I haven’t really been telling people either, but after October 3 – it’s go time!!!  I mean not facebook go time, but at least work go time haha. 

Post # 349
7643 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@ANewMrs:  Ah! After my appt is FB go time and everyone go time. My work already knows since I work at a clinic and the nurses keep asking me how I’m feeling, lol. DH’s work doesn’t know, nor does his kids. I fear his kids knowing.

When do you plan on FB announcing it or announcing it to everyone?

Post # 350
7643 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@irin997:  I wish I had your attitude about it, lol. Spilling it to everyone. My pregnancy hormones need to take a dang hike.

Post # 351
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@megz06:  Our anniversary is December 31, so I think I’ll put it up then.  Something like “What a difference a year makes…” and our shoe announcment picture.  I’m going to hold off on telling students for awhile too.  Avoid getting the parents in a tizzy too early. 

I was thinking how funny sex ed will be this year.  Like “And that’s how a baby is made” with 50 girls’ heads swiveling back in my direction with an Ew, I know what she did face. 

Post # 352
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

View original reply
@ANewMrs:  

View original reply
@megz06:  

We are taking our announcement picture tonight and likely posting it on facebook tomorrow. I REALLY wanted to wait until our 14 week appointment but my Mother-In-Law already posted on facebook. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DH didn’t tell her not to 🙁 

I quickly changed my settings so no one can post on my timeline or tag me in posts which may give me some time but I am worried about offending my sisters/other well wishers…

Doc pretty much said we are in the clear at this point but I am so nervous! Decisions, decisions…

Post # 353
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Oh, I am so glad today is Friday! I ended up having to leave work early today because of a migraine. I was on a fieldtrip this morning with some of my BD kids (I am a para educator in a 3rd-4th grade behavioral disorder classroom), and started to get fuzzy vision, and squiggles all across my eyes. I knew right then that the day was not going to be getting any better! I made it back to school with the kids, but since I cannot take Excedrin Migraine now that I’m pregnant, I was in so much pain! I even had to run to the bathroom and throw up. I told my teacher and the other para’s what was going on, and they told me to go home and take care of myself. I was so thankful for the support of the wonderful people I work with! It made me tear up because they were so concerned about me. 

I am feeling a little better now. I ended up sleeping for 3 hours, and my doctor said to take some Tylanol and drink some caffine. So, I am sipping on my first cup of coffee since I found out I was pregnant! Sad thing is that the smell is making my stomach churn! My hubby was all worried when I told him I was going to drink some coffee. It was cute! He made sure that I’m not having very much. Lol. The migraine has since become a little more managable, and I am thinking about starting homework since I can’t lay in bed anymore. I hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend! 

Post # 354
7643 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@ANewMrs:  LOL oh my that would be embarrassing! I don’t think I could handle that!

View original reply
@MissTatas:  Darn mother in laws! That would upset me. My mom keeps telling me no FB until she tells her sister, lol. Each person we call we are making sure to tell them no FB for now please. Whether they will listen, I don’t know, but I would think out of respect for the parents WHO’S BABY IT IS they would, but people become rude/excited/anxious when a baby is due in the family 🙂

View original reply
@MissPixie:  Yuck. That sounds awful. I had a headache too after my pumpkin smoothie. I am thinking too much sugar maybe for me. I made my mom swear there was no coffee in it because only coffee and carmel colored pops give me this bad of a headache, and she said she swears she didn’t (I made her swear because I told her I didn’t want coffee while pregnant and she went off about how when she was pregnant she could. I’m just like let me listen to my doctor). Hope you feel even better soon!

Post # 355
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I can’t wait to tell everyone either! Unfortunately, I still have waaays to go since I’m only in week 8 and want to wait till late in the first trimester. We haven’t even told our parents, still trying to figure it out and such. I guess we’re just taking our time. Maybe for MIL’s birthday that is coming up and giver her a card or gift that has something to do with baby. I’m still looking up ideas though. We’ll wait  some time to post on FB though, maybe around December.

Post # 356
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My husband and I could not wait to tell people! Lol. We found out around week 4, and we ended up telling his parents and my parents right away. I also told my little sister right away, since she has gone through two pregnancies. Over the last few weeks we have also told his sister and our grandparents, as well as my brother and sister-in-law. We have not told me We are always hanging out with and are really good friends with my husband’s cousin and his wife, and we could not keep it a secret from them for very long! The first time we had dinner with them and I did not have a drink, they were on to me! Lol! But it’s nice that they know since his wife is also pregnant, but in the 2nd trimester now. It’s been good to talk with someone who has recently gone through what I am now experiencing. I think after the 12th week appointment (October 15th. It seems so far away!), we will have my sister-in-law take some photos to announce that we are expecting and start to tell everyone else in my family. I have to be honest and admit that I am not really looking forward to telling my other sister that I am pregnant. She has always been difficult to like, and she recently went to schol to become a widwife, so now that is the only thing she EVER talks about, and I am sure she will always be trying to give me advice and tell me how to give birth. I am glad that she found something she enjoys, but she can just be a little too much to handle sometimes! I am sure I sound a little bit mean since I have not told her and am not looking forward to telling her either, but everyone else in my family understand and feels the same way! Either way, I am just excited for this secret to be out! 

Post # 357
732 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@MissPixie:  That is so awesome that you have a friend who is also pregnant! Really good friends of ours got married back in May and have been trying since then. I was really hoping she would be my pregnancy buddy, but they are having trouble. I try not to talk about the baby too much around them because I know they are probably having a hard time with it. 

After my ultrasound around 12 weeks, we both announced it to our coworkers. My parents already spilled the beans to my family several weeks ago and I already told most of my friends. I made something to post on FB and I want to post it so bad, but DH wants to wait and tell his family in person. We are going camping with the majority of them in october, so I have to wait. I will just post it here for now! I am going to post each picture one at a time.

How is everyone else planning on announcing?

Post # 358
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MrsMath:  Cute!! Our immediate and extended families all know, and our close friends know, so I decided to just put it on facebook this morning:

“Today a Starbucks opened ON MY STREET. Walking distance, people! I am the happiest pregnant girl ever!”

About half the comments are, “WHAT!” and the other half are, “Congrats on the pregnancy and on the Starbucks!”

Post # 359
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MrsMath:  We made onsies for our close families and friends (our friends are the aunts and uncles):

Post # 360
1440 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@MrsMath:  That is also my announcing idea.

Post # 361
894 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Exciting news everyone!  I have my gender ultrasound set for October 19th!!! That is so close, I am sooo excited! !!!

The topic ‘April 2014 Babies….. Part III!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors