(Closed) APRIL 2014 Brides! Where are you in planning?

posted 6 years ago in April 2014
Post # 47
5063 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

@BrideofGroomzilla:  thanks. It’s really fun isn’t it lol. 

Update: I’ve just bought my little cousins bm dress. Woop, that’s another thing done. We also wrote out all our invites out we’ve just got to get the menu inserts printed & then we can send them.  Tomorrow marks 100 days to go! 

Post # 48
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

Soon2BD-CBee  Yep we’re at the invitation stage too. We are 21 addresses away from a completed guest list. Then we’re sending out invitations on the 15th.

One of my friends told me that getting the RSVP’s back is a nice exciting time, and a great break from the tedious planning piece…give us something fun to look forward to.

My bachelorett party is next month, and my shower is March. Time is flying. WooHoo…I’m ready to get this show on the road.

Are you telling your parents to wear a certain color or type of outfit?

Post # 49
5063 posts
Bee Keeper

@BrideofGroomzilla:  We’ve written, addressed & stamped our invites for the all dayers 😀 YES!!! 

Just the evening ones to go. 

I’m so excited to get acceptance cards. 

I’m really excited to see what my maids have planned for my hen. 

No I’m not asking parents to wear a certain colour. I’m just glad they are all with us, my mum was poorly last year, we were worried we’d lose her…thankfully her health improved. 

Post # 50
8 posts
Newbee

Ahhh I’m so glad I found this thread!!! We’ve been engaged forEVER (October 2011 to be exact…) and so we’ve always had the “we’ve still got so much time” mindset, until we realized we only had 6 months left, we did NOT have so much time left and we had SOOO much left to do!!!

We’ve really stepped up the planning in November/December so I don’t feel as anxious anymore. We still have to book:

– Videographers (but this was a last minute to decision we made only a few weeks ago!)

– Decor (this one is huge, but they’re so time consuming to go to all the consultations, we’re kinda leaving it until we’ve booked everything else)

– Flowers (half considering DIYing this since grandma used to be a florist and what I want is actually quite simple, but will look around for quotes first)

– Photobooth (we were so ready to book, and then when I read the contract, it was for a different booth than what we wanted! So now we’re trying to find another vendor)

I totally do feel that the pressure is ONx1000 because my dad’s the senior pastor of his church and I kid you not, there are like 7 other weddings this year, most of which are like back to back Saturdays. Thank goodness mine’s the first of the year – I’d totally hate to be one of the later brides cuz even if I wasn’t comparing my plans to the wedding I just attended, I’d be sure that my guests are comparing my wedding to the previous 7! Plus, nothing to induce sheer panic and anxiety like receiving the invite for the wedding right before yours when you haven’t even started considering invites yet (at least, that’s what it’d do to me!!!…)

Post # 51
5063 posts
Bee Keeper

Team D-C are feeling so accomplished. Yesterday we paid the venue, catering, flowers & cake off in full. 

Since losing weight my mum is buying me a wedding dress today…I’m so excited. 

Post # 52
5063 posts
Bee Keeper

Found my dress, ordered it, paid for it. Fitting in March 🙂 

Post # 53
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Akiin Beach Club, Tulum Mexico

@Soon2BD-CBee:  Hey girl, just started posting again here.  How are you doing with your planning?

In general, here’s my new update on my planning.

DONE:

• Save The Dates (sent)
  • Venue
  • Food (cocktail and dinner)
  • Cake
  • Photographer (+ had my engagement photos taken in Mexico back in Sept.)
  • Film crew
  • Flower decorations (center pieces, canopy, bouquet, botounniere)
  • Civil and Mayan officiants (having civil/legal ceremony + mayan)
  • Wedding dress
  • Formal invitations (mailed!)
  • Wedding rings 
  • Wine and Liquor
  • Lighting and sound (DJ) 
  • Live Mariachi band
  • On-site security and coordination
  • Makeup and hair stylist
  • Wedding website (just need to launch it once we send the invites
  • Bridal Accessories (veil, sash, shoes, jewelry)
  • Accomodations
  • Flights
  • Teeth whitening – (found an awesome Grupon, dental appointments booked!)
  • Honey Moon woohooo!!!
  • Registry

TO DO/PENDING:

• Groom’s suit and accesories (tie, shoes, socks, cufflinks etc.)
  • Dog’s health certificate and passport (this is done a week prior to departure)
  • Wedding favors

I’m trying to add a live band, but may be a little bit out of my budget… We’ll see!

Post # 54
987 posts
Busy bee

@Soon2BD-CBee: Oooh, can you post a pic?!

Post # 55
36 posts
Newbee

@BrideToBe14:  I think my list is almost identical to your sisters! Some days I feel like i’ve gotten so much done and then I really think OMG, I still have so much more to do!!

I just decided on a reception layout about an hour ago while in a training class at work!! Haha!

We haven’t decided on set in stone centerpieces yet though!! But I love conversing with other April brides to know that i’m not the only one with a lot left to do!

Post # 56
512 posts
Busy bee

I will post an update since my last status, it gives me peace of mind!

Photographer booked – phew!

Tasting complete and menu determined

Transportation sorted out and booked

Hotel rooms for Friday & Saturday night booked

Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses purchased

Invitations nearly complete – one more round of proofs should do it and they can start printing

Cermony music chosen

Showers scheduled (2)

Hair/makeup trial scheduled

Here is my working list of to-dos:

Stuff and mail invitations

Book Rehearsal dinner

Write Ceremony

Out of Town Gift bags

Ammenities baskets for restrooms

Favors (making 80 jars of pickles)

Hair & Makeup game plan

Shoes/jewelry/accessories picked out and purchased

Seating Chart

Programs

Flowers

Decor 

Gifts for parents and siblings

Gift for my groom

Prelude/recessional music & final must play/do not play list

Dress fitting/alterations

Climate Control (this will have to wait until last minute)

I also have to fit in buying and moving into & furnishing a new home (closing date on Feb 21st) and getting some botox and I was supposed to lose 15 pounds too.  

The topic ‘APRIL 2014 Brides! Where are you in planning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors