(Closed) April 2016 Babies – Part 3! Halfway there!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: How many children would you ultimately like to have?

4+

• Post # 3
    4456 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Roll Call!

How far along are you and when are you due? 21W, 4D, due April 7

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)? Team blue!

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite? Favourite part has just been seeing our baby grow, and knowing he’s healthy. Least is probably just the exhaustion, and adjusting to the changes in my body.

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far? Cravings are all citrus, all the time: clementines and grapefruit juice are my jam. Food aversions: tomato sauce and chicken breast.

How’s the nursery/baby’s space coming along? Themes/colors? Pictures? We have the crib and dresser already. I’ve also ordered some decor stuff like the bedding etc, but we haven’t painted yet. DH is planning to paint over xmas break. I do have an inspiration pic: we’re doing blue on the walls and then a safari theme with neutrals (grey, taupe and white)

Are you going on a babymoon? We are, but just a roadtrip. DH is paranoid about me going into labour in another country. Too many horror stories of Canadians going into labour in the US and having to pay a ton bc they don’t cover pregnancy since it’s a “pre-existing condition”.

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? OMG, if he doesn’t have my husband’s hair I will be devastated. When he was a kid he had a perfect white blonde fro of ringlets. It was ADORABLE.

What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? I hope he has his dad’s hard work and dedication. And I hope he’s sensitive like me, but with our sarcastic sense of humour.

Poll question: I have no idea. We’re both in the “let’s see how we do with one” camp. We might just have one, might have more, or might even adopt. If we were to have a second I’d want to wait at least 3 years, so lots of time for those decisions.

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share! Ugh, all on my fridge at home 😛

Post # 4
    72 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

How far along are you and when are you due?

I’m 17 weeks 4 days. Due April 28th 

19 week anatomy scan next week and holding our breath for that one because if its all good we will start to accept that this is actually happening. 

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)?

We found out via our NIPT around 11 weeks. We are having a boy!

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite?

This pregnancy has been a breeze so far. If my clothes weren’t all too small I wouldn’t even know I was pregnant….except for the fatigue in the first tri. That part was unfortunate. 

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far?

Neither but I find as soon as I hear or think of something I HAVE to have it. Not the greatest for trying to stay healthy etc. 

How’s the nursery/baby’s space coming along? Themes/colors? Pictures?

Still too early for us. I love the wall colour as is (pale green) so we will keep that, but haven’t bought a single baby item (nursery or otherwise) yet.

Are you going on a babymoon?

We may go somewhere right after New Years. Trying to figure out whether we are up to it or not. 

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO?

These questions and the poll are a slightly “eye pokey” for me. We lost our first pregnancy at 21 weeks and it was completely unexpected so at this point we are just hoping for a healthy full term baby and the rest we will take what we get. 

To be clear I hope others have fun answering these questions. No judgements from me. I just find them difficult given what we have been through with pregnancy so far. 

Post # 5
    4456 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    cluttersmart:  I haven’t had a MC, but it took us 15 months to get PG, so I understand there being pain etc around your pregnancy, and certain questions touching a nerve. I’m sorry to hear about your loss, and I really hope your scan next week gives you some reassurance. 🙂

PS, Team blue FTW :p

Post # 6
    473 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

How far along are you and when are you due?

22 weeks! I am due April 4th (but last scan said the 3rd…)

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)?

It’s a boy! 😀

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite?

Favorite thing so far is that everything is now going fine, baby is healthy. We had a scare at 6-7 weeks, I am so relieved he is on track since then. Least favorite thing has to be the exhaustion, major pelvic instability and getting use to my body changing. I’ve had an eating disorder in the past and it is pretty hard to see the numbers going up on the scale at that rate and getting bigger everywhere… Since I have a real bump (not a budge anymore!) it is getting better.

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far?

McDonald’s fries. I could eat them all day everyday. I don’t have bad aversions, maybe sometimes chicken or fish but most of the time I can eat anything small amounts at the time.

We started in late September big renovations (both bathroom completely gutted and remodeled, laudry room moved downstairs to make space for guest bedroom) so the nursery is at the moment cramped with furniture and junk. Hopefuly the bathrooms will be done in 2 weeks, then we can move to the bedrooms!

We are thinking of something very gender neutral that matches the decor of the rest of the house. White walls, natural wood furniture (we have the crib and dresser already), touches of grey and orange, art work etc.

Are you going on a babymoon?

Nope. Those bathrooms were expensive ahah! We are planing a big trip for next fall with the baby, when both my husband and I are in paternity/maternity leave.

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO?

I never gave a thought about this… I just hope he is a healthy, kind human being. I am very interested in seeing what both our gene pool combined makes though! I was always very curious and amazed on how a baby is a mix of their parents, I find it quite romantic to know that this child will be half of me, half of the person I love the most 🙂

Poll question:

We will start with this one and see how it goes. If everything goes we’ll will try for 2 but will spread them at least 2.5-3 years apart. I want to experiment every milestones with the first one before having a second one, I want us 3 to have a routine and keep some part of our “previous” lifestyle. I was one who feared a bit motherhood and I think I have to take my time buidling my family. I am not the one ready to buy the minivan yet!

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share!

Way to lazy to get them from the fridge 😉

Post # 7
    393 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

How far along are you and when are you due? 22 weeks + 2 days, due on April 2nd.

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)? It’s a boy!

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite? My favorite part so far was my husband getting to feel him kick for the first time- we both teared up and it was such a sweet moment we got to share!  My least favorite was all of the first trimester- the morning sickness and exhaustion really took a toll on me.

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far? First trimester pretty much all food was an aversion lol.  Now that i’m feeling well, the only real craving I’ve had has been Chick Fil A chicken sandwhiches!  This baby definitely craves the salty/savory stuff.  Oh, and the one weird aversion I had (which was no food related) was the smell of fake leather!  My handbag during the first tri was a cheap fake leather bag and the smell of that bag made me want to vomit!  I had to go buy a new bag!

How’s the nursery/baby’s space coming along? Themes/colors? Pictures? Nursery is painted and we have a crib and dresser!  We’re going with an outdoorsy/camping theme (very us, but also pretty trendy right now which makes finding cute decor really easy!)  I’m on my work computer, so no photos.

Are you going on a babymoon? No babymoon plans as of yet.  We talked about maybe doing a long weekend next year, but I’m not so sure that will happen.  We bought a house about a year ago and now we’ve been in full swing buying stuff for the house before baby comes so most of our money is going to that.

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? We were both blonde hair blue/green eyed kids, so I’m hoping he gets that (seems likely)!  Actually, my husband was an adorable little boy so I’m hoping he looks just like his daddy.  I’m sure whatever features he gets he will perfect though 🙂  It’s been fun wondering who he’ll look and be like.

What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? I’m hoping he has the giving and helpful nature of my husband.

Poll question: I said 3, but I guess my answer is really 2-3.  If we have a girl next, we’re likely to stop, but if we have another boy we’ll probably try for a third.  3 is pretty much our max though (I think I would like 3 even IF we have a girl next, but I don’t know if my DH would be on board for that lol)

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share! Again, no photos on this computer.

Post # 8
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

Roll call is my most fav thing in the world! 

How far along are you and when are you due? 21w1d – I’m scheduled to deliver at 34 weeks which should be the week of March 1st 2016

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)? Teem green. It was hard to not find out during the anatomy scans, but i’m excited to wait now. Only 3 months!

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite? Favourite? Just watching my belly grow and seeing my husband get so excited. Least favourite is being high risk and knowing we will have premies. 

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far? I just like food. All food. Get in mah belly

How’s the nursery/baby’s space coming along? Themes/colors? Pictures? No them. No picture. Its a bit of a mess right now as we reorganize the house to make room. But its coming along and will be set up soon. 

Are you going on a babymoon? Nope. We were going to take a weekend away in january but i’ve cancelled it. I think i will be too uncomfortable for travelling by then. 

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? I hope they have his blue eyes and smile and maybe my lips. We joke alot because i have a big bum and hubs has a flat butt so they are screwed in that department.

What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? I hope they are as easy going as hubbby and I are. 

Poll question: I said 3, so really i’m just getting it all over and done with in one pregnancy. It will be a few years of really hard work, but then it will be awesome to have them all potty trained and in school and everything at the same time. 

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share! Baby A saluting the crowd last week. 

Post # 9
    444 posts
    Helper bee

YAY roll call! Hope you mamas are feeling well!

How far along are you and when are you due? I’ll be 20 weeks tomorrow! Due 4/20

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)? We are having a baby girl! We are 95% sure her name will be Addison 🙂

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite? Feeling her move! It’s been the most amazing feeling. Least favorite? Definitely the morning sickness and fatigue. Thankfully most of that has subsided.

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far? Anything salty, sour, and/or spicy! French fries have been my go to. Adversions are anything that’s a sweet/salty combo.. but not like chocolate covered pretzels. More like coconut curry thai food, korean BBQ, etc. The weirdest thing has definitely been my cravings for foods I HATE like cheese. I’ve been craving so many things with cheese but it still makes me vomit when I taste it.

How’s the nursery/baby’s space coming along? Themes/colors? Pictures? Getting ready to order the crib! We have all of our furniture picked out but it’s a matter of actually getting the pieces. We actually already had our baby shower because we currently live out of the country and we went back to the US over Thanksgiving so our family threw us one while we were there so right now the nursery is slowly filling with a bunch of goodies! These are the colors we are going to do.

Are you going on a babymoon? We recently moved to Germany so we’ve already been doing a lot of traveling since I’ve become pregnant. So far we’ve already went to Munich, Strasbourg, Croatia, and Belgium next week. DH has to take a work trip to Saudi Arabia in a month or two so we were considering maybe heading to Dubai for an official babymoon. We still have lots of travel plans in store before baby is born since traveling in Europe is so easy.

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? I would love for her to have my nose and hair and have DH’s light eyes!

What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? Would love for her to be laid back like her daddy. He never lets anything bother him. As for me, I’d love if she got my big heart. Sometimes that bite me in the ass though.. lol

Poll question: We both agree 2 is the number!

Latest pic of baby girl at 19 weeks!

Post # 10
    444 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    balletboot:  HORRAY date twins! Random question but did the doctor tell you what the black spot on babys belly is? I noticed that on my ultrasound but it was at an elective ultrasound place so they didnt really tell me anything. I go back to my regular doc Thursday. 

Post # 11
    554 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Roll Call!

How far along are you and when are you due? 19w5d.. due date April 21, expecting them by March 17th, though.

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)? They’re boys!!

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite? Favorite: Starting to feel the babies moving.. Least Favorite: the sickness and the fact that I need to rest more, I’m a busy body.

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far? Craving lots of grape juice, pineapple and mexican food.. My aversions are getting better, but if I eat meat it almost always needs to be mixed within a dish for me to stomach it.

We’ll have white cribs, a big white shelf, and we might re-finish the dresser we have to a medium stain wood.. and I think we’re doing medium teal walls with wood and white wall decor. Thinking navy and pale sage green for accent colors.

Are you going on a babymoon? We’re going to San Antonion this weekend, and stopping in San Marcus for some outlet shopping on the way home!

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? I hope they have my green eyes and my husband’s height.

What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? DH and I are both pretty laid back so we’re hoping the boys are both like us in that sense.

Poll question: We wanted 2, but now that we’re having 2 we might decide to try for a third in a few years.. with hopes that we don’t end up with a 2nd set of twins!

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share! Only have good ultrasound pics of Baby A, Baby B moves too much!

Post # 14
    7991 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

How far along are you and when are you due? 20w4d due april 17

Will you be finding out the sex, or team green (share if you already know!)? team green

Favorite part of pregnancy so far? Least favorite? finally being pregnant.  it took us 2 years and numerous iui/ivf cycles. so i am so thankful to be in this position. i don’t really have a least favorite part. i guess being more tired in the evenings, but again, i am thankful.

Any major cravings and/or food aversions so far? had a few aversions during the first tri, but no cravings.  everything is good now.

How’s the nursery/baby’s space coming along? Themes/colors? Pictures? have not done and thing and will only buy the basics, maybe a month or 2 before baby.  but the theme will be primary colors.

Are you going on a babymoon? we just were in charleston/savannah for a week for thanksgiving.  we might go away for a long weekend in january, if there is a good deal.  otherwise, maybe just to my familiy’s beach condo.

What physical features are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? his nose and lips. also his eyes (blue) or i wouldn’t mind mine (green)

What personality traits are you hoping your baby has of yours or SO? his humor and personality, my smarts and athletic ability

Poll question: i would love 3-4 but due to being 34 (now) having gone through IVF to finally get pregnant. i don’t want to be too old and i don’t know how our finances will be.  we have 5 frozen.  so i am going to hope for 2, and see if i can convince DH for #3.  i don’t think DH will let me implant 2 unless we have a failure, but we will see.

Post # 15
    7991 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    balletboot:  we were told the black spots are fluid.  the location is right for the stomach, so that is probably all it is.

View original reply
    islandx0sunset:  

The topic ‘April 2016 Babies – Part 3! Halfway there!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors