(Closed) April 2016 Mamas- showers of love, Round 2!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 271
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
auggiefrog:  Thank you, and right back at you! You will all be in my happy thoughts. I feel we are so far along that it would be too emotionally traumatic to lose at this point. Not that it’s not always devastating, but I already feel like I’ve been pregnant forever and am sooo attached. We actually had a scare last night. I thought the amount of bleeding was considered way more than “spotting.” Spent 3 hours in the emergency room, but it was worth it to see that baby V was okay. On the ultrasound he was JUMPING – it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! Phew! Such a scary time of life. Best of luck to you on this pregnancy! (And thank you for explaining the FB group…I think I will join). 

Post # 272
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Please remove me from the calendar. Happy and healthy 9 months for you all!

Post # 273
5373 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
TaurianDoll:  I’m so incredibly sorry πŸ’• sending hugs

Post # 274
1868 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
TaurianDoll:  I’m so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Post # 275
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
LittleAnn:  Sorry for the scare!! I am glad everything is okay. i added you as a friend so once you accept, i will add you to the group. πŸ™‚

Post # 276
5373 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m sure it’s just hormones making me extra frustrated, but I have to rant a little here. I had an appointment with my midwife last Tuesday and I was told they would call with a date for my first ultrasound (NT scan). I still haven’t gotten a call from them and it’s starting to frustrate me. I called this morning and their receptionist didn’t answer. I assumed she must have just stepped away from her desk so I called again half an hour later and she still didn’t answer so I left a message asking them to call me back. They still haven’t called me back and so I figured I would call again in case they hadn’t checked their messages – no answer. I’m really confused because I know they’re open today and they posted something on their Facebook page this morning. I’m just annoyed because I was hoping that a midwifery office would be more efficient/helpful than a doctor’s office, but so far they haven’t made the best impression πŸ™ I just can’t imagine it takes this long to book an ultrasound and am worried that if they forgot to call the hospital that I won’t get an appointment before Thanksgiving or have very much notice (we have to travel an hour to get to the appointment and an hour back so DH and I will likely have to take a day off work). Ughh I’m just sad and frustrated, I know that overall it’s not a huge deal, but I really figured they would call today (or that I would get a hold of them). I’m 10.5 weeks tomorrow and the u/s could be booked anytime between 11w and 13w6d. I’m hoping before 13 weeks since I’ll be 13 weeks on Thanksgiving and we want to announce then. I don’t want to announce before we know that baby has a heartbeat (we’ve never heard it before) and is okay.

Post # 277
4207 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
sugarpea:  I get it. That’s a big reason why we chose a midwife too (stupid Ontario healthcare). And we’ve held off on telling a lot of people…and we’ve seen baby, and heard the HB just yesterday, and I’m STILL paranoid!

Did they call you back?

Post # 278
5373 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
saratiara2:  So glad you can relate- I always forget that you’re in Ontario too aha.

They just called me back! I’m so relieved πŸ™‚ The receptionist was so nice and helpful that I don’t feel frustrated anymore aha. Obviously it took way longer than it should have (it sounds like they just booked it this morning before they called me back), but at least it’s booked.

We get to see baby on October 7th! I’ll be 12.5 weeks – super excited that we get to do it before Thanksgiving and hopefully my morning sickness will be fading away by then πŸ˜‰

Post # 279
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
sugarpea:  yeah thats great! The appointment will be here before you know it.

Post # 280
4207 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
sugarpea:  That’s awesome! Glad you got it all settled! My NT scan is on Friday, and I’m nervous…esp since my midwife said they probably won’t tell us much since it’s just at an ultrasound clinic. Ugh, she said some techs won’t even let you see the screen. That seems so mean. It’s my damn uterus.

I didn’t have much in the way of morning sickness, but I’m at 11.5 and have noticed the small amount I did have is going down…so hopefully you find the same!

Post # 281
674 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
sugarpea:  My NT scan is on October 8th! I’m glad they finally got back to you with an appt, I would have been stressing, but I stress about everything!

Post # 282
5373 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
SaraP2012:  Only two more weeks to wait πŸ™‚ I’m hoping time doesn’t go by super slowly aha

View original reply
saratiara2:  Ugh really? I didn’t know that… FX that you get to see the screen! I’m sure your appointment will be great and it’s coming up so quickly – exciting!! πŸ˜€

View original reply
MrsFNL:  Ahah me too! Yay! That’s so exciting that our scans are so close together πŸ˜€

Post # 283
690 posts
Busy bee

My NT scan is on Oct 16th so a little after you ladies! 

Post # 284
5373 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
savealife:  Yay!! That’s awesome πŸ˜„

Post # 285
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

My NT scan is the 9th, day after you too πŸ™‚ Next OB appt is Oct 5 and I’m so impatient… just want to know things are still ok in there, I’m so paranoid!

The topic ‘April 2016 Mamas- showers of love, Round 2!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors