(Closed) April 2016 Mamas- showers of love, Round 2!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 106
74 posts
Worker bee

Time to join

How far along are you?  5 weeks, 4 days

Estimated due date: April 21st

Is this your first child? YES! 

How are you feeling?   Pretty good!! I had some mild cramping earlier on. My boobs are a little sore and feel fuller. Energy isn’t too bad have been continuing the gym. Luckily no nausea or anything.

What are you most excited about? Hearing the 1st heartbeat, seeing my DH as a Dad, being a new mom, picking out everything baby related and seeing our family welcome our new addition.

What are you most nervous about? Having a MC or something is wrong. 

What will you miss most while pregnant? Im a huge craft beer geek so beer is definitely missed already!

Who have you told so far? My DH, my parents and sister, this weekend we’ll tell his parents when they come to visit.  We’ve been recording it and having out dog wear this bandana.  

Include a picture of your BFP if you want! 

Post # 107
4463 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
picturemeurs:  I did! We saw heartbeat, and baby is measuring right on track at 7W3D…Dr says we have a perfect little peanut in there! πŸ™‚ I’m so relieved, I’ve been petrified of this appointment!

Post # 108
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

How far along are you? Around 6 weeks, 5 days

Estimated due date:  April 14 – have a dating scan tomorrow to check everything out and see how far along we are, so dating could change.

Is this your first child? yes, was a biiiig surprise, we’re still kind of shell-shocked!

How are you feeling? EXHAUSTED. Nausea comes and goes, although it’s not too bad. The main thing is the bloat – I feel like nothing fits which is upsetting and my boobs have their own zip code!

What are you most excited about? Hopefully seeing the HB tomorrow, hearing it in a few weeks, announcing to our family and friends, decorating the nursery… each little milestone until baby arrives! 

What are you most nervous about? Everything going well, baby being healthy, and on a selfish note, I don’t want to gain way more weight than I need to!

What will you miss most while pregnant? All of my super high intensity workout classes, BRIE, and wawa subs πŸ˜€

Who have you told so far? DH and two close friends (one of whom is 3mos pregnant with twins!)

Post # 109
2973 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
saratiara2:  great news!!!😊

Post # 110
2973 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
gymbunny04:  congratulations and welcome!

Post # 111
2973 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
jcooper10:  congratulations

Post # 112
2973 posts
Sugar bee

I FINALLY have an appointment set. It’s on September 18 but I was really hoping the doctor would see me sooner because of the last pregnancy ending in miscarriage 😞

I wonder if my GP will see me. I’m dying to know how my numbers are doing

Post # 113
2973 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
islandx0sunset:  welcome and what a beautiful little nugget 😊

Post # 114
3345 posts
Sugar bee

My first appointment was pretty uneventful.  First I talked with the nurse about what to expect sort of things and she took some of my medical history.  My doctor asked me some questions and did an exam.  I don’t get an ultrasound until 20 weeks unless we opt to have the first trimester genetic testing.  DH is okay waiting, I guess I will sit on it a few weeks and see how things progress.  I think she took betas today along with lots of other blood tests, so hopefully those give me some peace of mind.  Next appointment, at the end of October, so will use the doppler to find the heart beat, but it seams like forever to wait!  

Post # 115
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
auggiefrog:  holy crap, no ultrasound till 20 weeks??!! thats so far away! 

Post # 116
552 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
TaurianDoll:  Thanks! πŸ™‚

Post # 117
552 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
auggiefrog:  ahh i’d be going crazy waiting that long!!! the betas should give you some peace of mind, I did feel better after they had taken mine and they were rising right on cue (I had a teeny bit of spotting 2 weeks ago so I had to have betas done over the last 2 weeks) but I’m still nervous for our early U/S tomorrow.

Post # 118
600 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
auggiefrog:  oh, that’s frustrating! I just got an insurance authorization in the mail for my ultrasounds and my doctor codes it as high risk, or my insurance won’t cover it, so I think that’s more the norm than all the early ultrasounds. But I think it sounds like all is going well and hcg should give you some more peace of mind that your little one is cooking all safe and sound in there! 

Post # 119
1218 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I just had my ultrasound and everything looks great! Measuring exactly 7 weeks, due April 12. And a heartbeat of 141.

I guess this means I am ready to join the FB group now! What do I need to do?

Post # 120
3345 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
jetsetbee:  Yeah, I don’t think my Mom got any when she was pregnant with me and my sister, she said back then they only did them in high risk situations.  It’s just so hard to wait until November to see that everything is okay.  

View original reply
gymbunny04:  
View original reply
Swizzle:  Yep.  More waiting for me.  

The topic ‘April 2016 Mamas- showers of love, Round 2!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors